Make-up! and all things beauty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

I always buy elf. I just got their matte palette and it's wonderful With oily lids, primer is your friend. And stay away from too much shimmer!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have the "mad for matte"palette, too! And the "need it nude" one, which has some shimmery shades. I like a little bit of that in the center of the lid sometimes. It's fun to be able to play with this stuff again! Back in high school, I did some modeling and remember all the makeup we used, and didn't need at that age LOL I still have 2 of my Jerome Alexander brushes from back then. 40 years or so, and they've held up great.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I don't like ELF's powder colors much. Their lightest, "Ivory", is my color mid-tan. I tan fast and deep, because I'm Italian on my mother's side, but Daddy's side is Lithuanian/Danish/all those cold, white countries, and with no tan, I am a Saltine-American. Almay's "Ivory" is much lighter.
        sigpic

Comment

You Hawk,just made a vision pop into my head...black and white...ah so very Mystical.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

^^^ That's me, summer/winter! Haha!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
              I don't like ELF's powder colors much. Their lightest, "Ivory", is my color mid-tan. I tan fast and deep, because I'm Italian on my mother's side, but Daddy's side is Lithuanian/Danish/all those cold, white countries, and with no tan, I am a Saltine-American. Almay's "Ivory" is much lighter.
              I wear Maybelline's foundation in their dream mousse matte. I'm always classic ivory even though I'm hispanic.

Comment

I don't do foundation, but sometimes a little powder on my nose, chin, and forehead, since I'm still as greasy as a teenager! People kept telling me that would change, but so far, it hasn't. I like those Clean & Clear thingies that mop up oil, too.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  I don't do foundation, but sometimes a little powder on my nose, chin, and forehead, since I'm still as greasy as a teenager! People kept telling me that would change, but so far, it hasn't. I like those Clean & Clear thingies that mop up oil, too.
                  I have dry skin. Probably due to age and Diabetes. So I super hydrate my face. I'm just about done with my big ol jar of Pond's moisturizer. All the rage seems to be this CeraVe stuff in the tub. Or so the r/skinaddiction at reddit says. I got a coupon for $3 off so I'm going to try that stuff out soon.

Comment

I saw a funny commercial the other night for a face cream. You know how, for ever and ever and ever, the stuff you apply at night has been called "Night cream"? Well, this one is "Sleeping cream", and that's supposed to be a big deal, since it works while you're sleeping. (Did Night cream used to sneak out and party at 2 a.m.?) Ah, marketing...what will they think of next?
                    sigpic

Comment

I dunno.. as someone who sleeps during the day, I prefer 'sleeping cream'. Night cream is offensive to us nocturnal folk. I also hate hypnosis recordings that start statements with.. 'you'll wake up tomorrow...' No I won't, I'll wake up this evening dammit!!
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I never really understood what the difference between day and night cream. I use cream... don't really know what kind. Don't use make up at all...
                        Anybody knows some alternatives to hairspray to make the hair stay put? The smell of hairspray makes me sick.
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I don't use cream, not a big fan of the feeling. Or the money expenditure.

I'm just going to put this out there, even if you aren't interested (about the hairspray thing). Since I went no poo 5 months ago, I actually haven't had a problem with fly-aways or unruly hair like I did prior.

Otherwise:
                          This DIY hair spray is simple and natural. So stop using chemicals on your hair and make this fruit-based homemade hair spray recipe instead!

Ditch the toxins with this Homemade Hair Spray. It only takes 2 ingredients, works great, and is toxin free! You'll love it!

This homemade hairspray recipe probably wouldn’t have cut it during my drill team days. I remember the overwhelming smell of hairspray in the locker room as twenty girls plastered neat little buns against their heads. We were serious about making sure our hair didn’t budge, but we didn’t seem too worry about the toxic fumes […]

Comment

I guess this is beauty related. I put on my deodorant at bedtime. They say it works best and you don't get any sort of stains on your shirts. So far in this heat it's worked pretty well. It like really absorbs into my skin during the night!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              I guess this is beauty related. I put on my deodorant at bedtime. They say it works best and you don't get any sort of stains on your shirts. So far in this heat it's worked pretty well. It like really absorbs into my skin during the night!
                              I've never thought of that... but it makes sense. I must experiment...

Comment

Def do. I used to put it on and it wouldn't dry. I'd either have to wait around airing it out or put my shirt on and get that stain. I use the clear gel roll on and it works awesome too. No white smears. I also like that at night in the heat when I lift my arms up in bed I smell like coconuts (I got the Cabana scent!)

Comment

Working...
                                X