Make-up! and all things beauty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Make-up! and all things beauty!

I use the clear gel too. It's just less of a hassle really. Plus no powdery bits to get caught in black lights down at the club (or wherever black lights occur).

Comment

Slept in until 8 last night so was a bit rushed to get ready for work. Tied my hair back while still damp. Just let it down and my gods.. bit of mousse needed maybe, but I have the most amazing loose wave! ^^
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Sometimes I used to put mine in a French or Dutch braid and then in the morning it looked like a perm. Sure beats those curlers we used to sleep in.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I do the same. I have long hair but it's not thick but wavey if left to its own devices. After the shower at night I leave it in a bun and I have waves at the bottom. If I braid it then I got the medusa snakes all going on.

But let's be real. In this weather? It'e frizzee serum all the way. In fact I should add that to my list. This saves my life.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

OMG. So I finally got on the CerAve in the tub bandwagon. It's touted to be one of the best discount moisturizers for normal to dry (and oh boy for mature dry) skin. This stuff is amazing. I want to slather it all over mah body. It works by getting into your skin and allowing your skin to then continue to draw in moisture. It works better as you continually use it. It has no odor. Feels sort of tacky on the skin, though the skin feels soft. You have to set it on your face for about 5 minute before you put on makeup though. It shellacked my eyebrow hairs the first time I used it because I didn't let it dry. And my eyebrows were horrid. It's also a good as an under eye cream. I wash my face with those gentle huge Aveeno pads. Then put this on. Then right before bed I put another light layer on and a thicker layer under the eyes. My skin has been feeling awesome. It's soft but not greasy. No shine or anything.

Comment

I almost bought this today: http://www.pacificabeauty.com/perfum...-spray-perfume

Tried the tester, while out shopping, and I'm growing very fond of the scent. I may need to go back and buy some, next time the opportunity arises.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I'm obsessed with lipstick, even though I don't wear it, don't know how to wear it, and don't own any -- but Christmas is coming up and I KNOW one of these shades is on the list.

Which would look best on a pasty white girl like me? I was thinking Bewitched or Enchanted, but I dunno. I has no skills.

P.S. Harry Potter Inspired LIPS, BITCHES
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                  I'm obsessed with lipstick, even though I don't wear it, don't know how to wear it, and don't own any -- but Christmas is coming up and I KNOW one of these shades is on the list.

Which would look best on a pasty white girl like me? I was thinking Bewitched or Enchanted, but I dunno. I has no skills.

P.S. Harry Potter Inspired LIPS, BITCHES

Well, you look like you've got a cool tone to your skin (as opposed to a warm, or yellowy tone), and I'm partial to more natural colours. So I would say Love Good. But if you wanted something bolder, I would recommend Inflamed or Hermione. But also, Severus would look just divine with those eyes!
                  She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I've been using sweet almond oil on my skin for a while, but lately it seems quite dry and the first signs of ageing are creeping in. So tonight I tried using olive oil for the first time.

Oh my gods... my skin feels amazing!!
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                      I've been using sweet almond oil on my skin for a while, but lately it seems quite dry and the first signs of ageing are creeping in. So tonight I tried using olive oil for the first time.

Oh my gods... my skin feels amazing!!
                      All the old ladies use the olive oil. It has a thicker consistency and it works right in your skin. It's also good to rub on your cuticles. I love the stuff.

Comment

Jembru,
                        If you have never tried coconut oil, please do. It is one oil that won't dehydrate the skin and mucous membranes. It also has a great fragrance. I have learned to love the smell of coconut.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                          All the old ladies use the olive oil. It has a thicker consistency and it works right in your skin. It's also good to rub on your cuticles. I love the stuff.
                          It's been 2 hours and my skin still feels as soft and supple as it did earlier. Looks smoother too. I'd heard that olive oil is great for ageing skin, but never fancied putting what I saw as cooking oil on my face, especially as I had oily and spot prone skin well into my twenties. This will be my go-to moisturier forever now I think. All girls need their special little beauty secret...

Comment

Italian women know this secret. I also heard it's good for your hair. And yes, coconut is a great go to as well. It's like the Robitussin of the make up world.

Comment

Jembru, do you simply put it on by itself, or did you mix it with anything?
                              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

I can't do olive oil, it's FAR too heavy. But I do make my mum a sort of meringue-y cream out of coconut oil, almond oil and almond milk that she really likes.
                                She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Working...
                                X