X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    <----just signed up to try to beta Everquest Next
    Let me know how it is. I watched the reveal and it looks nice but they really didn't talk much that caught my interest beyond being able to make things like in Minecraft.
    I'd try and get in the beta myself but my computer isn't up to spec (heck I still lag stupidly bad in the newer zones in EQ)
    Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

minecraft minecraft minecraft..... we even have a thread here for it
      I'm also playing Pokemon Black. I brought in some of my old favorite pokemon to do a grass mono playthrough. Maybe I'll have the fancy to actually play to the end this time.
      Circe

Comment

I tried the minecraft trial. An hour is way too short a time. I must get this game eventually.

For now though, Brickforce will have to (very poorly) fill the Minecraft void.
        I've been lax playing any non-web based games lately. Got a folder full of free games I've downloaded but still haven't played once. Need to get on that.
        Good men don't need rules. Today is not the day to find out why I have so many. -The Doctor

Comment

Originally posted by Darrel
          My top 5 at the moment are:

-Any of the 3D Zelda games (I love them all equally)
          -Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver
          -Metal Gear Solid 3
          -Mother 3
          -Super Mario Galaxy 2
          Is Mother 3 the same game type as "Earthbound?"
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Agel View Post
            I tried the minecraft trial. An hour is way too short a time. I must get this game eventually.
            There is a cracked version of the game that has all the same features except multiplayer (because multiplayer needs a connection to minecraft online which a cracked game obviously can't have)
            Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
              There is a cracked version of the game that has all the same features except multiplayer (because multiplayer needs a connection to minecraft online which a cracked game obviously can't have)
              I don't trust cracked games. Got one too many viruses back in the day before I knew about such things.

Comment

Anyone placed their votes for the golden joystick awards? Just submitted ours! Oh and I'm looking forward to potentially having a new member join the minecraft thread! (get the fill version, it's not THAT expensive and access to the oinline stuff is cool. I'm not sure how the cracked version would handle updates and suchlike too).
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Putting this here, because the Pokemon thread is locked (I was the last one to post, talk about a conversation killer).

I'm so excited after seeing this!!

Serebii, Pokemon, Pokémon, New, Generation Six, Gen 6, Gen VI, Generation VI, X, Y, Mega Evolution, Mega Mewtwo, Mega Absol, Mega Blaziken, Mega Lucario, Mega Ampharos, Mega Mawile, Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Garchomp, Mega Blastoise, Mega Charizard, Mega Venusaur

I don't even PLAY pokemon*, yet this stuff is like crack to me!

AND!! You'll be able to play the new game in Japanese, no matter which country you're in. Kids games, I know from Animal Crossing, use furigana (little characters above the Chinese characters that let noobs like me read the them phonetically!!), so yeah, I will DEFINITELY be buying this game! ^^

*Unless the trading card came counts.
                  夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Yeah the first mega evos were announced a bit ago (lucario and blazekin) but a few others got them too and it looks like all the starters will too. Personally, yeah they're cool but with the ones that have info released, competitively speaking, are kinda useless. The currently released info suggests that a held item may be needed to boost them into mega. In which case I can't see them being used unless those boosts are outrageous. Even if it's not a held item some of the megas will still probably be useless. Charizard's typing makes it nearly impossible to use what with stealth rock being so common, even with that boosted special. Venusaur is basically a different pokemon as a mega. Venu is a sun sweeper with his dream world ability (chlorophyll) but the mega version has thick fat and is apparently built to tank. Mega Blazekin will be ubers regardless, it has the same ability as dream world blazekin who is already ubers, they just boosted the normal one's stats. Still it's kinda cool. I feel it was thrown in as a way to make the older pokemon seem more attractive, being that it's mostly the old pokemon that have gotten these new forms and maybe to draw back the people who've been with pokemon since those early days.

Edit: apparently blastoise's ability boosts "pulse" moves which sounds like the most useless out of the three unless they're adding more pulses. So far the only pulse attacks are dark pulse and water pulse and it can only learn the water one. The lucario *could* be better than the original if it doesn't have to sacrifice it's held item. Adaptibility is a powerful ability that could make it obscenely strong. Mega absol seems cool. Absol's speed has really been keeping it down so if it gets a boost to that it could make it competitive and magic bounce is a rare and very useful ability.
                    Last edited by Corvus; 10 Sep 2013, 15:57.
                    Circe

Comment

If Mega Launcher doubles the power of the move that would give water pulse 120 power, 100 percent accuracy, a base PP of 20, a chance of confusion, and none of the drawbacks of 100+ power moves.

I doubt it's a double though, probably going to be a 20 percent boost like Iron Fist. Especially since Dragon Pulse has a base power of 90, then again Blastoise can't learn that one either.
                      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

That's still a decent boost to those strong moves but blastoise just doesn't learn many. Ultimately it seems like a pretty useless ability in most cases. Maybe throwing it on something like Hydregeion who can use lots of pulses and has a monsterous sp attack it might be useful but on a bulky water type with a pretty shallow movepool?
                        Circe

Comment

I love playing Fairy Farm which has very little to do with Fairies but a ton of mystical symbolism created in the cutest way with Goetic looking critters, fantasy icons and typical Greek, Egyptian, Roman and other well known God/Goddesses/creatures. It's very 'fluffy' but I love ridiculously cute things. Apart from that I play the Smurfs game, SIM's and retro games like Doom and Heretic etc.
                          My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Does anyone here play Gaia Online? I just started up and I look awesomely like myself.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I play the MMOs Vindictus and Dragon Nest.

Comment

Anyone else on here a fan of Grand Strategy?

Great Grand Strategies:

Europa Universalis III and IV
                                Hearts of Iron III
                                Victoria II
                                Crusader Kings II

They make my mouth water with their glimmering splendor...

Also! Anyone else here excited for the release of StarBound!? I've already pre-ordered my copy, and I can't wait to play, it looks so awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X