This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming

Does anyone here play Dota2? I want to learn and need a teacherrrrrrrrrrrr =3
    Work hard Play hard.
    What is history?

Comment

Barkley, Shut Up and Jam: Gaiden.

This game, it's simply too beautiful for words.

I can't wait for the sequel to come out!
      Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I don't game online very often and even when I do, only on certain games(like Soul Calibur and Civilization V). Not a big fan of MMOs, save for a few exceptions.
        "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Check out "The Mana world",fairly simple 2-d game but with a lot of things to do. Kinda like an old school RPG,but no heavy graphic hardware needed.

https://www.themanaworld.org/
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

We play Terraria...all of 4 of us (on the X-box), together.

Once the kids are older, I can't wait to MMORPG
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nocta View Post
              dark souls, dark souls, dark souls, dark souls, and ... Dark souls 2. These games gave my life new meaning lol. I like skyrim on pc because i can mod the game if it gets boring. Since i have has it put in 800 hours into it lol. Quite like fallout nv. Dragon age 2, love diablo. I like a lot of rpgs especially if i can play as a mage. Lol

anyone else like dark souls?
              dark souls is my life

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

For all you people who believe that the gaming indusry has thrown out passion like throwing out babies into bonfires and turned gaming into some sort of mindless kill-drone frenzy disconnection with military shooters of today that has been catered to anyone who would play the game senseless for the sake of entertainment and for nothing else, and if you want a game that would criticize the entire genre of the violent military shooter and the ethics of popular media potraying cultures and stories about the lies and masquerades of modern day society,....(damn this speech is long)

If you want a game that gives you more than just viscerial joy like an art piece that can be admired, or give you emotions like guilt, and sadness, and if you want a game that makes you think like a human being, than look no further than Spec Ops: The Line.

Yes, I know I'm getting too preachy, but considering the type of people here I think this game can raise alot of eyebrows over it's excellent form of storywriting in the game about how it actually makes you question your purpose of playing video games and makes you wonder if games can go further than an entertainment medium.

Comment

I'm back on WoW. For the month anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by LordJulian View Post
                    For all you people who believe that the gaming indusry has thrown out passion like throwing out babies into bonfires and turned gaming into some sort of mindless kill-drone frenzy disconnection with military shooters of today that has been catered to anyone who would play the game senseless for the sake of entertainment and for nothing else, and if you want a game that would criticize the entire genre of the violent military shooter and the ethics of popular media potraying cultures and stories about the lies and masquerades of modern day society,....(damn this speech is long)

If you want a game that gives you more than just viscerial joy like an art piece that can be admired, or give you emotions like guilt, and sadness, and if you want a game that makes you think like a human being, than look no further than PLANTS VS ZOMBIES: GARDEN WARFARE.
                    ^fixed

I don't play games for any sort of realism or for any sort of morality. Our family plays them for a short term mindless entertainment after a cruddy day, so we can bond while venting our frustrations on pixels before we go and properly appreciate refreshing our brains with outdoor time, and come back in for dinner, shower time, storytime, and bedtime---and the last thing I want my kids to worry about at 5 and 7 is how cruddy the virtual, made-up world is. They have plenty of time to learn how cruddy the real world is...and for an introspective and visceral experience, I'd prefer they pick up a book.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm pretty sure no one intends those sort of games for little kids. Gods, I hope not.

I DO play games for morality and intense emotional reactions, so I choose not to play war games, semi-realistic or no (because real war isn't like that from what people tell me, but since I've never been in war or played the games I don't know). I prefer fantasy and sci-fi for the same reason I prefer than in other forms of entertainment. Those methods take your knee jerk emotional reaction out of the equation and all you to learn about your decision making process in a really interesting way.

Like Skyrim. If you played a game about the US Civil War, likely you'd have some serious preconceived notions about who the 'good guys' are, but in a fantasy world, you have to figure that out on your own...and you'll learn a lot about yourself in the process.

Sometimes, you'll just get a kick out of doing terrible stuff you can't in real life too though....

Comment

Gotta go with you Thal,I play old school "doom" Just because it is a way to kill time,and also shoot stuff when I am feeling kinda upset. A few rounds of shooting demons and I am in a much better mood
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                          I'm pretty sure no one intends those sort of games for little kids. Gods, I hope not.
                          I would hope not...but...our old roommate's kid's mom let them play stuff like Grand Theft Auto (enter #) and whatnot. They were 3 and 5. And there was nothing Dad could do about it (they were divorced, she had custody).
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                            I would hope not...but...our old roommate's kid's mom let them play stuff like Grand Theft Auto (enter #) and whatnot. They were 3 and 5. And there was nothing Dad could do about it (they were divorced, she had custody).
                            That's...screwed up.

We play Skyrim and Dragon Age when the kidshark is awake, but games like GTA and even Tomb Raider are for when she's asleep. She's been watching me play Portal lately...that one's pretty same (and FRUSTRATING CRIMNEY)

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              ^fixed

I don't play games for any sort of realism or for any sort of morality. Our family plays them for a short term mindless entertainment after a cruddy day, so we can bond while venting our frustrations on pixels before we go and properly appreciate refreshing our brains with outdoor time, and come back in for dinner, shower time, storytime, and bedtime---and the last thing I want my kids to worry about at 5 and 7 is how cruddy the virtual, made-up world is. They have plenty of time to learn how cruddy the real world is...and for an introspective and visceral experience, I'd prefer they pick up a book.
                              WAH! OH GOD WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! YOU HAVE CORRUPTED MY SOUL WITH PLANTS VS ZOMBIES NOOOOOOOO!

:P

Well, it's just that games nowadays have taken too much into indirectly propagandising us into thinking that killing and shooting is an acceptable thing, especially modern military shooters these days, where we go around and gun down people we don't know, incorporate a sense of artificial superority and justify our actions because the game dictates that we're the good guys. What's worse is that we have an active hand in playing it just by picking up the controller to play it, unlike movies.

I'm not kidding when I'm banging on about people who hate the gritty realistic settings or generally hate war games should play this game. It's not for kids certainly, and I'm not asking you to let them play it, they're too young to understand it actually. The game has a great story that makes you ponder why'd you play the game in the first place, and question your perception about games in general. It's a demoralising game and unfun, but is very engaging, you should at least give it a go if you have a chance. It isn't a controversial phenomenon, but it does make you question about the games that you have played in general.

And yes, I kinda miss games like Doom in the old days. It's has a more straightforward plot. Kill demons, because they're inherently evil, no racism or stereotyping, just you and demons from hell simple as that.

Comment

Spec Ops wasn't anything new or shocking to me. I've played lots of games that are broadly similar in themes and ideas. Like Braid, Metal Gear Solid 2, Bioshock, Shadow of the Colossus, and Nier.
                                Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Working...
                                X