X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gaming

Heroes of Might and Magic... and Baldur's Gate,
    A man after my own heart

I'm currently alternating between the newly released Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition, Dishonored (amazing game, highly recommend it to anyone remotely interested in story based stealth games with an eery steampunk/new weird type setting) and Darksiders 2. Still log into GW2 every couple of days, but I've started to get rather burnt out on it without any consistent goals to keep me going.

Comment

Now I'm on the Piken Square server on GW2 :P

Comment

For those playing GW2, ANet just made an announcement of some changes coming over the next few months. I'm excited to see they're finally adding a reward/ranking system for WvW, should revitalize it and add some long term incentive

Happy 2013 everyone! I wanted to take the time to provide insight on some of the exciting features, events, and stories we intend to bring to Guild Wars 2 in the first half of the New Year. It’s been a fantastic ride so far – in the few months since Guild Wars 2launched we’ve sold more than three million games and have become the most critically acclaimed MMO of 2012.

Comment

Just finished earning all of the trophies in Skyrim... Gonna restart as a Khajiit.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
            A man after my own heart

I'm currently alternating between the newly released Baldurs Gate Enhanced Edition, Dishonored (amazing game, highly recommend it to anyone remotely interested in story based stealth games with an eery steampunk/new weird type setting) and Darksiders 2. Still log into GW2 every couple of days, but I've started to get rather burnt out on it without any consistent goals to keep me going.
            I didn't know there was a new version! Now you've got me eyeing up my original copy on my shelf...

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeran View Post
              Still log into GW2 every couple of days, but I've started to get rather burnt out on it without any consistent goals to keep me going.
              I am having that problem, too. For a while I was just waiting for people to catch up to my level (I'm not even max level, mind you) but then I just got bored. And now I am having a hard time getting back into it.

Separate note:
              So the problem I'm running into now with gaming is that there are too many of them that are free to play. I can't decide which one I want to log into. Friends are still too spread out, sadly. I've always been kind of a solo-player, though. But I typically just enjoy the conversations on vent or skype while playing.

I've been dabbling in Ragnarok Online II. That game is just cute as hell.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Elder Scrolls Online... >.>

Comment

Speaking of TES- Skyrim DLC FINALLY coming to PS3.

OH HAPPY DAYS ARE HERE AT LAST!

Comment

My body wasn't ready.

Comment

Any MMOs anyone would like to recommend? Hubby and I are looking for one to play with an elven race (he's all about those archers) We've played Jade Dynasty, Perfect World and Shaiya. Aeon looked interesting from the pics I saw.

Comment

I'd avoid Aion, or at least do some reading into it before you do. When I played it it was insanely grindy. You do WoW-style questing till level 15 or so, but after that the level curve increases steeply and the quests stop coming, so you're stuck grinding in a single place for hours to get a single level. Pretty graphics though.

At the moment I'm playing GW2. It doesn't technically have elves, but it does have humans, who are very tall, pale, pretty, finely featured (so basically elves sans pointy ears) and Sylvari, humanoid, plant elemental type people (leaves for hair, etc), both of which can play a ranger class with the standard bow, pet etc.

Comment

There's a free mmo that's basically a WoW remake, but it's free to play and you don't have to actually buy the game to begin with either. It's called Allods online. Has elves, dwarves, humans, undead, orcs, some furry gerbil things, and the basic classes (priest, demonologist, mage thing, ranger, templar, yadda yadda yadda). It's actually pretty good, and I'm digging the FREE part.

The only "downside" is that the game was made by Russians, so all the NPC's have very very Russian names.. which for me, is awesome, but... I'm a bit of a strange bunny too I've been told. *shrugs*

Comment

Aion used to be great, but all of these new updates are making it feel like a completely different game >> I'd recommend Ragnarok Online.

Comment

They've made Aion stupid easy. I just keep coming back because of nostalgia since I've been there since Beta. The grinding is totally avoidable (always was), you just gotta know where to go. :P
                              I am really disappointed with how quickly Guild Wars 2 lost me. I played GW1 for years and waited for GW2 to be released since it's first announcement (that was..what...2007-2008ish?). I played to about level 62. Never even finished the story line because all my leveling came from exploring and getting the waypoints and points of interest, lol.
                              Ragnarok Online II is hella cute. I enjoy it when I do play, but... Aion is my ultimate MMO, it looks like.
                              I can't stand WoW. I've tried several times to get into it and it lasts for about two weeks and I get sick of it.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Ah, my MMO kindred.

... So, anyone else think that we will be seeing .Hack//-esque VRMMO's with a similar interface, during out lifetime?

Comment

Working...
                                X