Egyptian Goverment blocks Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egyptian Goverment blocks Internet

That's great to know he is most likely safe with his grandmother!

Good luck! One of the reports I read said that cell phone communication is also blocked?? I really hope you can get in touch with him!
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Just saw the images... this looks like the Russian revolution.
      Civilians are even chatting with the soldiers.

Comment

I suspect the Soldiers realise it is a losing battle, plus no soldier wants to attack and possibly kill their fellow countrymen.

Mubarak has apparently gone on TV about an hour ago and said he would sack the government. Not sure he fully understands the circumstances, the people, the protestors at least, want him gone, not eventually, now!

As for Dumuzi, i will keep him and his family in my thoughts, and hope you [Medusa] are able to contact him soon.

M
        In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

Hope you're able to contact him soon, hun! Fingers crossed that he and his are safe.
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Maulus link=topic=1474.msg31134#msg31134 date=1296243725]
            ironically, the protests were, apparently, bigger today than ever, and, when the police started to use teargas to disperse the crowds in a couple of cities, the protests became violent.[/quote]Doesn't surprise me in the least...when you take away someone's hobby, not only are they going to be pissed, but they find that they suddenly have more time on their hands.

Comment

Internet in Egypt is back on, and Hassan is alive and well. Just talked to him this morning.
              I was Hadad2008 when I joined Feb 2008.
              I became Abdishtar this spring.
              Then, after the Great Crash, I was reborn as Spartacandream!

Comment

Originally posted by spartacandream View Post
                Internet in Egypt is back on, and Hassan is alive and well. Just talked to him this morning.
                Yayyyy!

Glad to hear it!

Comment

That's great news.
                  Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Thats great to hear
                    M
                    In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

Thank the gods!

Comment

Yes I'm still alive

And I'm really glad the internet is back because I have a lot to say and to share with you guys. But I just wanted to start with one thing that is very important.

I get to see every kind of news channel, and I also get to see with my own eyes what is going on here. I just wanted to warn you of the propaganda going on right now in a lot of the news channels you are watching. Don't believe them. Everyone I talk to, and our intellectuals and artists and so on, we all agree with what president Mubarak said in his last speech. We want him to stay till next elections and then we can elect our next president.

However, a lie is being spread all over the news. That we want him to leave right now, and that we can't stand him etc. This is not true. Yes, there are Egyptians who want him to leave now, and it is their right to have that opinion. But most of us do not wish to see the government gone right away, and for another government to come (God only knows who will be behind it). We want the process of change to go smoothly and with reason. And NOT sudden because of our emotions.

On one hand Obama comes out to say that Egyptians should handle their own business and then next day America demands of Mubarak to leave right away. No. That is not what we want. Don't believe what's being said right now in the news, they want to convince you that we want the government to leave right away. And that we hate the new prime minister and vice president. Again, this is not true at all. We have great respect for them. Especially, the new prime minister. I'm personally a big fan of him.

Please spread the message. Please let us decide how to govern our own country. Don't let outside forces succeed in destroying Egypt. Let our voices be heard.

There's so much more I want to say, but I just wanted to start with this reply.

Thank you to everyone who asked about me. One of the reasons I was frustrated when I had no internet, was because I knew I couldn't let you know that everything is OK. I didn't want you to be worried. I also want you to know that I don't think of you as friends, but as family. And I never want my family to be worried about me. I love you all very much. (Not in that way Rok )

Peace.
                        [4:82]

Comment

I'm so relieved to know you're ok!! Welcome back D.
                          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                          Sneak Attack
                          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Good to know you're alright.

Regarding Obama, I'm hoping he'll stay out of this. I don't see any great benefit to Egypt or the US coming out of us meddling in your affairs at this point and meddling that benefits no one is just bad policy.
                            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome back Dumuzi.

I put a copy of your post on two other forums I'm on, that have a long thread about the current events in Egypt.
                              Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Good to hear from you Dumuzi. Thanks for the update, it is always good to hear from someone at the heart of the situation.
                                http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                                X