Egyptian Goverment blocks Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egyptian Goverment blocks Internet

Well, from the news it looks pretty safe right now. Everyone is out celebrating Mubarak stepping down. There is fireworks and everything...lol. I can't wait to hear what D's version of events are tonight in the square!
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

It is amazing he stepped down! Great for Egypt, but now there is going to be a bit of a power vacuum. Hope it works out ok because so far it has been so well done by the people! X
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

It seems that the military leaders are the ones that are occupying that vacuum for now. My guess is they'll do an election later this year for a new president.
        Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Dumuzi,

Most excellent to know you are ok, and thank you for giving a first hand account of what is going on.

Comment

Dumuzi, first, I also add my happiness that all is well with you. I am always nervous about a countries military taking power. I am retired military and I can promise that I would not want to see that here. Frequently, generals start to feel like politicians--oops. I pray, in my way, that everything works out for you and your countrymen.
            Sleep, my friend, and you will see
            That dream is my reality

Comment

We havent gotten a Dumuzi update on here since Mubarak stepped down...

things goin okay over there since the change?

when are you going to have a new leader?
              "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

he's been around the forum, though not here specifically...he was in chat yesterday/
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Yeah I'm here.

I was just thinking about what to share. I was in Tahrir Square and took pics and made videos. And then I went there again after President Mubarak stepped down and made more videos. I just have to edit them and stuff.

I'm also thinking about making blog entries about my experience, if anyone is interested.

Anyways, thank you guys for asking about me. You are awesome!
                  [4:82]

Comment

I for one would be very interested in your experiences, Dumuzi. what has happened is a very important peice of history, and to have someone who has been there and seen it first hand is always invaluable

From what i have been hearing on the BBC, it is looking like there may be elections sooner than September, maybe July or August, not sure what you guys on the ground are hearing though?

M
                    In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

Originally posted by Maulus View Post
                      I for one would be very interested in your experiences, Dumuzi. what has happened is a very important peice of history, and to have someone who has been there and seen it first hand is always invaluable
                      Done!

I created a blog where I will be writing about my experience. Click Here to Read the Blog

Also, here's a little video I made from the videos I made after going down to the streets and at Tahrir Square (I apologize for the quality, I can't seem to find a converter that will keep the quality of my videos. Also, I tried to add a translation)

Egyptians celebrating on the streets. I made this so you can get an idea of how many people were out there:

Last edited by Dumuzi; 26 Feb 2011, 09:25.
                      [4:82]

Comment

Thanks Dumuzi, i have subscribed to the Blog, looking forward to seeing how things progress over there in Egypt
                        M
                        In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

I just knew the women make that alalalalala sound! I knew it!
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                          X