Egyptian Goverment blocks Internet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egyptian Goverment blocks Internet

D!! Thanks so much for sharing that with us. I KNEW things were 'fishy' in the media -- particularly American media, and that the Egyptian people were far more intelligent and level-headed than they are being portrayed. Obama's part in this portrayal deeply disappoints me.

Can I cut and paste parts of your post to share with my friends on FB?
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

So glad you're ok, D!

Facebook won't let me post a Note for some reason, but I really want to share what you said too. You're very right, that is nothing like what we're being told here. My news is getting a lot of "angry, yelling Muslim mob" cards thrown around.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Im happy you are okay Dumuzi. Im emailing your post to my world history and english teachers. Weave been talking in class about the events in egypt and I think this would be important for them to know. I agree with shadow 1982 it is best to learn from someone who's actually there.
        Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Juniper Raven View Post
          I'm so relieved to know you're ok!! Welcome back D.
          Thanks Juni

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
          Good to know you're alright.

Regarding Obama, I'm hoping he'll stay out of this. I don't see any great benefit to Egypt or the US coming out of us meddling in your affairs at this point and meddling that benefits no one is just bad policy.
          That is true. And I heard the prime minister speak today and he said something I liked. Of course, other countries are allowed to give advice and comment on the situation. After all the situation here does affect them. It's just that advice and trying to force us to do something are two different things.

Originally posted by Shadow Dragon View Post
          Welcome back Dumuzi.

I put a copy of your post on two other forums I'm on, that have a long thread about the current events in Egypt.
          That's great! I still have more to share and stories to tell. I took some pictures and made videos too

Originally posted by shadow1982 View Post
          Good to hear from you Dumuzi. Thanks for the update, it is always good to hear from someone at the heart of the situation.
          Yeah, this is why I was so frustrated we had no internet!

Originally posted by cesara View Post
          D!! Thanks so much for sharing that with us. I KNEW things were 'fishy' in the media -- particularly American media, and that the Egyptian people were far more intelligent and level-headed than they are being portrayed. Obama's part in this portrayal deeply disappoints me.

Can I cut and paste parts of your post to share with my friends on FB?
          Of course, you can! That's what I did too.

Originally posted by DeseretRose
          So glad you're ok, D!

Facebook won't let me post a Note for some reason, but I really want to share what you said too. You're very right, that is nothing like what we're being told here. My news is getting a lot of "angry, yelling Muslim mob" cards thrown around.
          It's not just American or foreign media. I can give you a list of things that Arab media have done, that are aimed at making things a lot worse than they already are. But I will talk about that later.

Originally posted by Corvus
          Im happy you are okay Dumuzi. Im emailing your post to my world history and english teachers. Weave been talking in class about the events in egypt and I think this would be important for them to know. I agree with shadow 1982 it is best to learn from someone who's actually there.
          That's wonderful, thanks!
          [4:82]

Comment

Glad you're back!

Comment

Good to see you back online Dumuzi. With all the commotion in the news I thought about you. Egyptions must do what is best for them, and I agree it is not our(Americans)place to interfere, be safe my friend.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

But you love me the most! Amirite?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

So glad you're okay, Dumuzi! And looking forward to catching up with all the news!
                  www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

C'mon D, you totally could have told us about how you're the leader of the protests and just got done throwing Molotov cocktails at various things and waving flags all over the place along with a million people that follow you now, or something.

Glad you're OK, though. How are all the antiquities doing? I heard that Tutankhamun's exhibit got broken into, but that there were also a lot of people trying to protect the artifacts. Dr. Hawass must be absolutely spitting fire right now.
                    "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
                    -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
                    without his weapons of war;
                    for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
                    of a spear on the way without.
                    -

Comment

Welcome back Dumuzi!
                      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Welcome Back Dumuzi, Glad you are safe and sound and looking forward to seeing some ACTUAL news and not news companies propoganda
                        Stay safe
                        M
                        In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

Dumuzi, so glad you are OK. Our media is always fishy. It's very hard to ascertain the truth. Stay safe!
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Mubarak finally steps down and gives power to military!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Mubarak finally steps down and gives power to military!!!!!!!
                              Wow...now what happens?!?

Dumuzi, I am so glad you are alright and have access to the internet now, thanks for keeping us informed.
                              What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Celest View Post
                                Wow...now what happens?!?

Dumuzi, I am so glad you are alright and have access to the internet now, thanks for keeping us informed.
                                He was in Tahir sqaure tonight. It bothers me he would go somewhere unsafe...but hey. He's all macho man. So yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X