Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Question Du Jour *the millenium edition!*

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Scenario. Two people in a relationship. One steps out and is with another person sexually etc etc. That person is obviously a cheater. But the person outside of the relationship....could that person be considered a cheater as well?
    That depends. But I say no as a general rule.

"Cheater" means cheating on a committment. If you are single you can be a jerk for getting involved with someone who is already involved. But you aren't cheating -- UNLESS -- the sex object's significant other is a friend or relative. Because then you do have a standing relationship of trust with them and you are cheating on THAT relationship. See what I mean?

Comment

I don't like the term "cheater". It just implies something completely different from what I think people mean when they say it. To me, cheating is a shortcut, the easy way out... "cheater" might work to describe how some people feel about it, but I don't think it fits well. I wouldn't consider either person a cheater just because I don't think the word fits in that sense, from my personal POV.

Other words, though, I can answer. The person in the relationship is unfaithful and would be an adulterer (if he or she was married), but the person they are having the affair with is neither of those terms unless they have a relationship they're betraying, too.

I think those words only exist within relationships that have mutually agreed not to date others, of course.

Comment

Scenario. Two people in a relationship. One steps out and is with another person sexually etc etc. That person is obviously a cheater. But the person outside of the relationship....could that person be considered a cheater as well?
        Depends on if the outsider was in another relationship at the time as well ... If not, then the stepper is the only cheater ... However, if the outsider is aware of the relationship of the other person then they could at least be considered as interfering with a relationship ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Hmmm this is tough.

First off, does that person even KNOW that the one they're sleeping with is in a relationship? Because people lie. Dating sites are full of people pretending to be single when they aren't (for example). Even if they do know, what have they been told about said relationship. I have heard of plenty of men saying that they are legally separated when they are not. Though I personally would wait until a divorce was finalized before getting involved, I don't think it's unreasonable to think that if someone is "legally separated" then they are no longer living with their spouse and a divorce is pending (especially since, in a lot of places, you have to be legally separated for a certain amount of time to even get a divorce).

If they do know and know that the relationship is still committed, I don't think what they're doing is -right- but I also think they are less guilty than the cheater. If a guy cheated on me, I'd be angry at HIM not the woman because he's the one who knowingly entered into a committed relationship with me and chose to break that commitment.

Comment

I think the person might be a jerk (if they know they're with someone who is with someone), but a cheater? Not unless they're with someone and cheating on them too...
            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
              I think the person might be a jerk (if they know they're with someone who is with someone), but a cheater? Not unless they're with someone and cheating on them too...
              what she said
              What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

Did you run out of questions Medusa?
                What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

It would be the first time in YEARS if she has :P x
                  "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

fourty ... two ...
                    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Is it too soon to make Japan Zombie jokes?
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have a phobia of zombies, so zombie jokes are never cool

I'm serious...I have a group of friends in SF who are always publicly wishing for the zombie apocalypse and I'm like STOP IT. I seriously even have a zombie apocalypse game plan. I know it's totally irrational, but they freak me out THAT much.

Comment

Is it too early to make Micheal Jackson jokes :P ? X
                          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
                            Is it too early to make Micheal Jackson jokes :P ? X
                            No, it's been almost two years!

It was ok before and it's been a while after haha.

Comment

That was in fact sarcasm Danie :P X

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                                I seriously even have a zombie apocalypse game plan. I know it's totally irrational, but they freak me out THAT much.
                                I had a dream the other day because i did that "zombie apocalypse team mate" thing on facebook (click your profile and see who the first 5 people are that come up)
                                I got FW, Dumuzi, and my friends Liz, Rabbit and Moley. Dumzi was keeping Africa under control (cause he's kick ass like that), Kim was keeping Scotland AND Ireland at bay (cause no zombie will mess with her), which left myself, Liz, Rabbit and Moley to defend England. I was going at the zombies with knitting needles, Moley was at them with his drumsticks and Liz and Rabbit were just sat drinking Gin (not unusual for the two of them), which coincidently was the only thing that could kill the zombies. Liz and Rabbit wouldnt share, so basically we all died.

Which leads me to my Gin-Zomb-pocalypse game plan.... Win the lottery, buy a helluva lot of Gin, then sit back and wait for carnage!

As for the question, naah its not too early.

Comment

Working...
                                X