X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hey everyone!

Thanks Gardenia! =)

Comment

Re: I've been away from here for a long time...

thanks for the advice!

Comment

Re: Hey everyone!

Hi, Manny!! And welcome
        ~ flowers are our only garments
        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Welcome back to the forum!
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by brigidgreywolf View Post
            ...but am back. My spiritual quest has been all over the place, but now I'm settles and am so excited about learning all I can about hedgewitchery. I've begun by cleansing and decluttering my kitchen. I'm also collating resipes so when Fall arrives I'll feel more creative. It feels so very right to me.
            You're singing my song! I'm in the same place - been absent for a long time while I went down a confusing path, but I'm getting back in touch with my roots in witchcraft now... and as I type I'm sitting here with my recipe collection spread out, because I'm redoing it!

Welcome back!!

Comment

thank you, everyone, for the welcome back! Today I decluttered my kitchen counter a bit, wiped it down and straightened out a cabinet. My sacred space is really looking good!

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Gardenia View Post
              Welcome back. When it comes to hedgewitchery there are a lot of sources that make it sound like it's just another term for kitchen witchcraft, or green witchcraft, when it's really a separate path from those (although they do share some similar elements at times), so it's something to keep an eye out for when looking over different sources. If you're interested in hedgecraft I'd recommend a book called To Fly By Night: The Craft of the Hedgewitch, which is a series of essays edited by Veronica Cummer, if you haven't already come across it. It's not really set up like a traditional 101 book (like you might find for Wicca), but there's a ton of information on different subjects relating to hedgecraft, so it makes for a great jumping off point to see what topics you'd like to dig deeper into.
              After reading more, I can see it's the Green Witch or Kitchen Witch path I was leaning toward. It just seems more simple and more what I'm drawn to. This place has been a wonderful sounding board!

Comment

Originally posted by brigidgreywolf View Post
                After reading more, I can see it's the Green Witch or Kitchen Witch path I was leaning toward. It just seems more simple and more what I'm drawn to. This place has been a wonderful sounding board!
                I thought that might be the case, since you mentioned the kitchen/cooking element in a few posts. (Not that hedgewitches can't cook too, of course. ) Kitchen witchcraft is a really interesting (and often fun and tasty) path.
                Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Changing user name?

I would like to change my user name for my posts, how do I go about this?

Comment

My name is Lady Athena, HI!

Hello everyone, I am new to this site, but I have been a practicing pagan for 17 years. I have been married for 14 years and I have a 9 year old little girl. I love to learn and I have found some very interesting information on this site. I also like the intelligent and the well thought out answers that most if not all the posters have written in the forums.

I hope that I will be accepted into the community. I sometimes have strong opinions, though I want everyone to know they are my opinions and I do NOT mean to upset, disrespect, or make anyone angry with me. If I do upset you in anyway, please tell me and I will try to explain my view or apologize flat out.

I hope to learn more from my fellow pagans. Blessed be my friends,
                    Lady Athena
                    Crystal

Comment

Re: Changing user name?

PM Chainlightning, Eisheth or Thalassa with the name you'd like to switch too. They may or may not change it for you.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Re: My name is Lady Athena, HI!

Welcome, please deposit your sanity at the counter.
                        life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Slow to introductions

So yeah, I've posted replies for the last few days and have not thought that I should do one of these introdution things until now. I'm really bad at them, so I'm unlikely to say anything horrendously useful. First off I guess I qualify as a pagan, but not sure how to define it, or even sure I want to define it... So many issues with labels! I did some studying in witchcraft and Wicca, and ultimately decided it wasn't for me, not really. I am in more of a searchperiod where I'm more interrested in learning, than really adopting any specific thing, I feel like I'm being called in too many directions, and they are all vastly different. So for now I sit back and read... and when I am not reading about stuff I want to learn, I am learning about nothing and rereading douglas adams again, and all of his infinitely moronic wisdom! But basically be prepared for me to ask some seriously stupid questions, and if the challenge is put that there are no stupid questions, know that I will accept it and bloody well find one!

P.S. to: maskedone
                          My sanity has been thouroughly checked, and is completely missing!
                          Last edited by Maria de Luna; 17 Aug 2012, 04:48. Reason: not finished
                          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Re: Slow to introductions

+1 for pre-empting me.

Comment

Hullo and welcome to PF!
                              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                              sigpic

Comment

Hi, i am Thiet, i am newbie from Vietnam. I am a graphic designer. It is pleasure to joint this forum

Comment

Working...
                                X