This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for not being on in a while

The weather here in NJ has been to say the least BAD,there are storms 3 or 4 days out of the week for the past few months,today is finally clear. I ended up mainly having my computer off because of the thunder storms that would come up kind of out of the blue. I have never seen the amount of storms now in the past 7 years I have lived here.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Re: Hi everyone new to paganism :d

Welcome!

Please your sanity at the counter. You won't need it here.
      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Friendly Neighborhood Heretic!

Hello everyone!

Sorry, I'm not good at introductions, so i'll try and keep this as short as possible.

My name is Lucian, I'm an Arian Christian, and I've joined this forum to learn more about paganism and the many forms that it comes in. I've become very interested in it and felt like it would be great to talk with people who actually practice.

So...uh...yeah. That's my introduction.

Comment

Re: Hi everyone new to paganism :d

Welcome, although I am not new to Paganism, I am new to this forum. You should go online and search for other Pagans in your area. Connecting with others is really important, especially if you're new. My advice, don't just do your learning from reading books, books are great teachers, but try to experiment with different things, and different paths of Paganism and Wicca to help truly get a sense of where you want your path to start. Be prepared though, this goes for new Pagans/Wiccans, and older ones alike, one's path is forever learning, and growing, with unexpected detours lol.

Comment

Re: Friendly Neighborhood Heretic!

Hello, Lucian, and welcome! If you got any questions, just ask. I'll do my best to answer!!
            ~ flowers are our only garments
            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Welcome!

Please deposit your sanity at the counter, you won't be needing it here.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Lucian View Post
                Hello everyone!

Sorry, I'm not good at introductions, so i'll try and keep this as short as possible.

My name is Lucian, I'm an Arian Christian, and I've joined this forum to learn more about paganism and the many forms that it comes in. I've become very interested in it and felt like it would be great to talk with people who actually practice.

Interesting.

Are you a member of an actual Arian church or do you hold your beliefs to yourself?

Do you attend liturgy? Do you worship in an Eastern or Western style? High or low church?
                There once was a man who said though,
                It seems that I know that I know,
                What I'd like to see,
                Is the I that knows me,
                When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Welcome. Ok I googled Arian Christian. I was sure Christians were people who believed in the teachings of Christ. How's your view different then that exactly?
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by GabrielWithoutWings View Post
                    Interesting.

Are you a member of an actual Arian church or do you hold your beliefs to yourself?

Do you attend liturgy? Do you worship in an Eastern or Western style? High or low church?
                    Im a solitary Arian. As far as I know, there are no Arian Churches anywhere nearby.

As for style, I use the eastern style as it would make more sense historically, considerning that Arianism was born in Alexandria and largely practiced by Germanic tribes.

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    Welcome. Ok I googled Arian Christian. I was sure Christians were people who believed in the teachings of Christ. How's your view different then that exactly?
                    Arians do still follow the teachings of Christ, however there is one major difference. This is in the nature of Christ's divinity. This is that his divine aspect is not god, but a separate subordinate being that was created by him. My own personal belief, and one popular among other Arians, is that he was not the literal "son of god", mearly a man who was given a divine aspect later in his life, making him a metaphorical "son of god".

Comment

Arians do still follow the teachings of Christ, however there is one major difference. This is in the nature of Christ's divinity. This is that his divine aspect is not god, but a separate subordinate being that was created by him. My own personal belief, and one popular among other Arians, is that he was not the literal "son of god", mearly a man who was given a divine aspect later in his life, making him a metaphorical "son of god".
                      Doesn't that go against traditional Arian teaching that there was a time when the Word was not? Your position sounds more like Adoptionism.

Do you hold to the traditional homoiousion understanding or something more modern?
                      There once was a man who said though,
                      It seems that I know that I know,
                      What I'd like to see,
                      Is the I that knows me,
                      When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

I don't see how. I said it was created later, there was still a point that the word didn't exist.

I still maintain the homoiousion belief.

Comment

I've been away from here for a long time...

...but am back. My spiritual quest has been all over the place, but now I'm settles and am so excited about learning all I can about hedgewitchery. I've begun by cleansing and decluttering my kitchen. I'm also collating resipes so when Fall arrives I'll feel more creative. It feels so very right to me. Right now my creative outlet has been in crochet...which I've done for about 35 years. Yup, I'm a baby boomer who is finally free from the strict religious upbringing I was taught!

Comment

Re: I've been away from here for a long time...

Welcome back. When it comes to hedgewitchery there are a lot of sources that make it sound like it's just another term for kitchen witchcraft, or green witchcraft, when it's really a separate path from those (although they do share some similar elements at times), so it's something to keep an eye out for when looking over different sources. If you're interested in hedgecraft I'd recommend a book called To Fly By Night: The Craft of the Hedgewitch, which is a series of essays edited by Veronica Cummer, if you haven't already come across it. It's not really set up like a traditional 101 book (like you might find for Wicca), but there's a ton of information on different subjects relating to hedgecraft, so it makes for a great jumping off point to see what topics you'd like to dig deeper into.
                            Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Hey everyone!

Hi everyone, I'm Manny..new to this forum. Wanted to connect to a larger Pagan community outside of the community in my part of Wisconsin, so I did a Google search which brought me here! =)

I've been a practicing witch for a little over a year now; my path since then has led me towards ascension-ism and ceremonial magick along with various forms of divination, which was the first thing I delved into. I kinda borrow parts of various belief systems and incorporate it all into my own little blend...those are my spiritual beliefs/practice in a nutshell!

But yeah, just want to connect with other pagans and I'm excited to have found a forum that seems to be pretty active! =D

~Blessings! ♥

Comment

Re: Hey everyone!

Welcome to PF, I hope you enjoy it here.
                                Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Working...
                                X