X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Poll: Weeknight Chat!

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
    Chat related Q: was anyone interested in a pagan history chat?
    That sounds kind of interresting actually.
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Adventures of the Mind

I'm not really sure what I should say or how I should explain myself...I am seeking the highest understanding I can find, and I do so in a very eclectic way. I always want to learn more. That's one of the reasons I am here.Looking forward to interacting with all of you at one point or another.

Comment

Re: Adventures of the Mind

Welcome aboard. Since I've started on my path, my mind is in a constant state of Blown, I hope you find the same luck.

Comment

Welcome aboard

Please sign over you sanity at the counter. You won't be needing it here.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Hello and Welcome! I bet you'll learn a lot here and enjoy interacting with others, just as I have so far!
            "Rivers, ponds, lakes and streams - they all have different names, but they all contain water. Just as religions do - they all contain truths."
            -Muhammad Ali

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

hi everyone,

Hello everyone, I'm Denzel and I'm lecturer in geography department. Well, I love that.
                Religion, pets and music and my interests.
                Hope for a nice time here.
                regards

Comment

Re: Fun things to do to piss people off

Very nice, just need a little description of "Declare your apartment an independent nation, and sue your neighbors upstairs for "violating your airspace."
                  would you accommodate me?

Comment

Re: Hi from the Hag :-)

Originally posted by JamesByrne View Post
                    Hi Sibylle

Another paddy its a small internet after all what

That bird recue is a good idea fair play. Thinking about it now there are shelters for dogs and cats but Ive never heard of one for birds. Parrots do live a lot longer then your average pet and because owners die etc. theres probably a lot of them out there that arent being looked after properly.

Is your hag thing related to the cultic cailleach or would it be more the crone side of things?
                    Sorry dude, I couldn't get any idea. I mean, you are talking about the shelter for dogs and cats and
                    not for birds and owner die. I'm sorry, I might be wrong but it seems to be interesting.

Comment

Hi Denzel

I think Sybelles idea is a great one because there are a lot of shelters out there for dogs and cats but comparatively few for birds.

Birds can have unique issues and needs so your standard converted family home shelter isnt suitable. There can be unique factors leading to their abuse too that arent the usual contibutors for cats and dogs. For example; some are short lived but others routinely out live their owners. In the case of an african grey parrot they can live for 50 - 70 years and are often left in the care of people who dont want them around. It might lead to abuse even fatal neglect of very intelligent and sensitive animals.

Sybelle would be surrounded by birds constantly but Im sure she wouldnt mind If only we all had the money to do the good things we'd like to do the world would be a happier place.

Comment

Hi

Hi so pleased to join this wonderful site!

Ok a bit about me, I found paganism quite young about 11-12. I remember never treating it as a game or even casting spells until years later I was always just interested in the history and the way of life, I enjoyed learning from books. I could relate to it and it always felt 'right' too me.

I have been on pagan forums before and I found some members very agressive with their views, so much so I was scared to post! I dont preach to people which authors they should or shouldnt be reading or which traditions are right as I believe alot of it is from the individuals heart. I am here purely to make like minded friends.

Blessed be )O(

Comment

Re: Hi

Merry Meet! It's good to have you!

Comment

Merry meet! Thank you for your reply!
                            Last edited by Guest; 18 Sep 2012, 11:02.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X