The end of the world!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The end of the world!!!!!!!

if they take ALL the christians it'd be ruffly 31% of the worlds population. but if they only take the strickly devout it will be remarkably less....... lol
    Last edited by yukanaoe; 18 May 2011, 02:24.
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

I dunno, given how strictly some of them like to interpret "sinful people" versus the "chosen of Yahweh," they might be displeased if it turns out that heaven is already full up with 144,000 newborns who were baptized and died within an hour of birth.

"Sorry, no room for anyone else . . . "
      HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

So... has anybody been keeping up on the news? Has the world ended?

I know there were tornadoes and a volcano, but my lawn never went up in flames, and there's still a lot of sinners walking around, mixed right in there with the righteous who are also still walking around. I thought I saw two horsemen of the apocolypse, but it turned out to be a couple of girls with pigtails out trotting their ponies.

Shouldn't there have been excited broadcasts - "World Does Not Even Come Close to Ending - Scientists puzzled. Stay tuned for important ground breaking developments as people go about their ordinary lives, exactly as usual."
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

lol harrold camping changed his tune. he said that God realized that we would not have been able to survive 5 months of global tragedy and so he made the 21st "judement day" in the sence of we have been judged and on OCTOBER 21st the REAL rapture will happen. with all the earthwuakes and whatnot.
          "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Comment

Originally posted by yukanaoe View Post
            lol harrold camping changed his tune. he said that God realized that we would not have been able to survive 5 months of global tragedy and so he made the 21st "judement day" in the sence of we have been judged and on OCTOBER 21st the REAL rapture will happen. with all the earthwuakes and whatnot.
            Yeah, we're really expected to believe that the omniscient Yahweh didn't know about that already, even before he "created everything in creation"??
            HEY ADMIN

DELETE THIS ACCOUNT

Comment

Lol my point!!!! thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Ananta Androscoggin View Post
                Yeah, we're really expected to believe that the omniscient Yahweh didn't know about that already, even before he "created everything in creation"??
                To be fair, this is not what Camping said.

He did not claim that God changed his mind, rather it's that they misinterpreted the scriptures. They're saying that May 21st was a "spiritual judgement" and that the end will still come on Oct 21st - which was always when the true end would be, the May date was just going to be the start of the end. I also read in one article that they're not going to put up new billboards or anything, because after May 21st and the spiritual judgement, no one else can be saved.

Either way, I don't think we have to worry about the end coming on Oct 21st either. It's clear that Camping has no issue reinterpreting his own predictions after the fact. It will be interesting to see what he claims after Oct 21st comes and goes with no issue. I feel bad for his followers who sold off all their worldly goods, and worse, some of them committed suicide, and one woman tried to kill her two daughters and herself so they would not have to suffer - thankfully she failed. I hope that some day people stop buying into these prophecies, but... seems unlikely... :/
                Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Originally posted by yukanaoe View Post
                  That's fantastic!

Since I've already been judged, I can do whatever I want to with spiritual impunity.

Well gang, I'd love to hang around and chat, but I have some serious coveting of my neighbor's wife to do. Don't expect me to be in too early tomorrow morning - I might be up late tonight.

(Now where did I leave that big jar of honey...?)
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I know there were all sorts of natural disasters in the US but in continental Europe it was a stunningly beautiful, calm weekend. I was joking that it WAS judgement day, and I went to heaven!

Comment

The Bible clearly states that no one is to know when the time comes. This Camping dude and all his ignorant followers are a sad bunch of impostors. Funny how they talk about "Antichrist" figures but don't seem to recognise an obvious one.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

^ HA I was so thinking the same thing!

Comment

Of course, the Bible also says that no question will go unanswered, either, but we can see the mental gyrations that people go through when someone prays and they get no response - "God's answer must've been 'no'"

But then again, it's no less rational than any other religion

Comment

Sometimes, it takes us a while to figure the answers out. See my thread about "Under The Tuscan Sun" in the entertainment section here. Whether it's God, Goddess, etc., they answer us. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              Sometimes, it takes us a while to figure the answers out. See my thread about "Under The Tuscan Sun" in the entertainment section here. Whether it's God, Goddess, etc., they answer us. When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.
                              A couple of things here

Firstly (and I'm not being snarky) I was referring (as the other posters) to Christianity (with the exception of my last sentence).

My last sentence applies to pretty much any other deity-based religion, with the sole exception that there's no claim that your questions will be answered. Without that claim, AFAIC that means that they probably won't be (and amazingly enough, this was exactly what I learned while following Paganism )

Secondly - and this is more just a pet peeve than anything else - "You'll receive your answer when you're ready" sounds about as reliable as "if you follow all of my rules and don't make any mistakes at all, once you die I'll give you a wonderful place with ALL of your friends and family (what if they lived poorly?) and have cake and ice cream for eternity." In other words - I'll believe it when I see it

Comment

If you only believe what you already see, you can't create any dreams for yourself. Faith of any kind demands something more from us.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X