• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pagan Newbie and Stress

I'm replying the wrong way...SORRY!!! >__<

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Honestly, if you are in the Philippines (not sure or not, based on how you posted before)...are you protected at work from that sort of thing, the same way we should be in the US? I don't know enough about how workplace protections for freedom of religion work there to offer you advice.

If you want to keep your job, you might have to suck it up. Even here in the states, with protections, that can be the case if people know, because they will look for stuff to get you on.
    THANKS!!! Now that you've mentioned it, I've done my "research" about laws. And YES it is illegal. It states that and a law cannot be made respecting religious establishments, and that goes with employment (though it's in another article). With this, they can't force me to do or participate with their practices.

- - - Updated - - -

[QUOTE=Gardenia;87273]

In this case, I would avoid mentioning anything specific about your religion (unless you have already...), or about Christianity for that matter. Just firmly, but politely, again say you will not be going to the study. If they insist, repeat yourself, but keep your calm about it. You could also say you just prefer to keep your work and religion separate if you're really pushed to give a reason.

Well as far as I know, I did mention it politely and even asked not to talk about it. But SHE still insisted we talk about it. I even told her about my Mom telling me to just tell the truth and tell them about my religion (not detailed), but eventually the Manager told me not to mention it again to my Mom which at that moment really pissed me off.

After being consulted and the such, I noticed she have had a different approach with me. Well, it wasn't the same as when I started working.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
    Thal is right. I wouldnt have enough background myself on the labor laws in the Phillipines to give any useful advice.

Well, I been having some LAW searching about religion and employment here in the Philippines...It really is illegal. Really felt lighter when I read the whole article and I thought I could use this to protect myself from being harassed.

Comment

The Newbie &gt;.&lt;

Hello everyone, I usually go on forums to mainly ask questions about certain things at times, most times I can handle things on my own.

What to start with... a little bit about me...

Well I am a mother of 3 in the huges tourist place and I used to practice Wicca arts but I currently have held off due to my children.
      I am a young mom, I had my first child at 18 and I am now 23. :S
      I have always been very acute to spirits on hearing them, and talking to them and when I was full time teen aged Wicca cult I possessed something that most of my fellow cult friends didn't have which was to have stronger energy forces.
      I was told by a 'Wicca expert' that I was non of the original 5 elements that I was the opposite of light, and I could choose to do good or bad.
      But after my children I chose to give up the wicca arts and became agnostic due to my interest in other religions and how the morals of all of them can be viewed differently, and all have alot of similar traits.

On noting that, I have been seeking advice every now and then due to lack of "resources" if not properly phrased right on the internet. So its also good to seek advice from others

Comment

Re: The Newbie &gt;.&lt;

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
            [4:82]

Comment

Hello and welcome to the forum.
              http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
              ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Twin_star View Post
                yeah! I'm new to Paganism but I have been studying it for months...
                I added the "stress" word on the title because I wanted to share some irritating experience I just had. And wondered if I could get some pieces of Advice from you guys.

Well, I just started working at a company which I just knew it was a religious company (heard that employees must attend the bible study).
                I told the manager that I couldn't attend such study because of my religion, but still insisted I attend the study.

We all know that Pagan is somewhat or IS DIFFERENT from christianity, and that one cannot have both, because of its beliefs and practices. But how could I explain to the manager that I am not interested without offending her. (I just need the right words without being offensive. =[)

Thanks!! >____<
                You cannot be fired for your religion.

Comment

Originally posted by LizardMind View Post
                  You cannot be fired for your religion.
                  In the Western world, this is correct. But it's not correct everywhere. Just like you can't be fired for being a girl, but I totally have before, and they just throw in some guise of something else to make it legit. "She wasn't working hard enough" or something.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hi

Just a quick hello, not at all new to paganism been a pagan for 15 years but new to the site, just a bit tired of being in an area where I cant let anyone know my beliefs, feels a bit solitary sometimes! Hope to get talking to some people

Lynsey

Comment

Re: Hi

Welcome, Lynsey

Comment

Welcome to Pagan Forum.
                        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                        Sneak Attack
                        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to the Forum.

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome to the forum, I hope you enjoy it here.
                              Hearth and Hedge

Comment

Hello and welcome!
                                http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                                ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Working...
                                X