This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hello Everyone!

Thank you both for the greetings and Hello!

Comment

Re: Hello, Spiritual/Openminded Individual With Pagan Curiosity

Welcome, sir It's good you don't want a dogmatic set of "how to's", because we don't have much in the way of dogma to give, haha. Pagan religions are very diverse and personal. I'd suggest simply exploring your own spirituality however you feel comfortable. You might want to read some mythology or wicca books from your library, perhaps simply spend more time in nature... whatever your heart moves you to do, really. There aren't much in the way of rules or requirements in the pagan religions. Blessings on your path!

Comment

Re: Hello, Spiritual/Openminded Individual With Pagan Curiosity

Hello thank you! That's a great idea (to check out some books). . I do enjoy spending time with nature and I am leaving the cold city to live in an eco-village this week for 3 months. I especially enjoy being outside and being around genuine social people. With all I'm learning now, I think my experience living in a sustainable community is going to be fantastic and authentic.

Comment

Re: Hi everyone!!! I'm an older witch new to the forum.

Hi Silvicen! Welcome.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

hullo and welcome!
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Hello. I'm new here.

Hello. Nice to meet you all.

I'd like to share about my spiritual journey...an abridged version, at least.

I was raised in a strict Roman Catholic family. I began to question the religion when I was about 13. At first, it was just small things like neglecting to say prayers, but eventually my parents had to force me to go to church. I stopped going altogether at 16.

During this time, I seemed to subconsciously become an atheist. I suffer from a chronic mood disorder and complex post-traumatic stress disorder, and I am unsure to what extent they've influenced how I feel spiritually. Religions and spirituality, however, are an interest of mine, and during high school I read about many relegions, from Judaism to Shinto. Eventually I stumbled across Wicca and the plethora of recognized Neopagan traditions. These spoke to me in a way other religions have not.

In retrospect, I have always felt a connection to the natural world, especially to the changing seasons. The rain, the trees, the animals, the stars...they seem sacred to me. But I can't say I believe in a deity, or an afterlife, for that matter. I bought many books, searching for a recognized deity that spoke to me, but I couldn't force myself to believe in Odin, or Anubis, or Cerridwen, or any of the others I researched. I also tried to do rituals on the Sabbats and Esbats, and attended an open circle with a group of local Wiccans. But it didn't make sense to me. I was doing these things because I felt I "had" to, that if I didn't, my beliefs weren't valid, and in the end I just gave up, and for the last three years I've loosely identified as agnostic.

But I've been doing some thinking lately. I started researching again, hence how I came across this site. I think I can safely say I am not Wiccan.

I do not know what to call myself, or to even say that I have a religion. Furthermore, it would be absurd of me to do something that means nothing to me to fit a category. For example, why should I draw a circle if I don't know its purpose? Why should I force myself to believe in a deity if I believe in none? Why should I celebrate Beltane if it means nothing to me? I think at the heart of spirituality, it must make sense to the person, not something that must be done because it's "in the rules". And I find myself much happier knowing that.

So, I'm here, hoping to learn and share. I'm glad to have found a forum exists for those of (somewhat) like mind!

Comment

Welcome.

Comment

Re: Hello. I'm new here.

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hello! I AM NEW AS WELL..

Comment

Hi and welcome!
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Still hello

Wanted to say I AM very glad to be here!

Comment

HELLO and welcome!

Comment

Hello

Hi I am Ivan and im new to paganisam.I come from Serbia and paganisam isnt very developed here so Im trying to educate here.

Comment

Working...
                                X