This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's your favorite holiday

I have to say mine is Ostara. I love spring time and my boys love it too. We go out in the morning and take a nice long walk in nature collecting items for the alter and then in the afternoon we decorate eggs, bake moon cookies and make fresh grape juice.(I don't use wine in the ritual because the kids join in) My boys love the cookies part of course lol and its the one ritual they actually sit still and quiet through (other than the ritual chant)

I love Samhain too but unfortunately most of my time and energy is used up with costumes, makeup and trick or treating with my boys so I usually feel exhausted by the end of the evening so I'm too tired to make the most of it.

What's your favorite holiday?
    Last edited by EmpathyEarthsong; 08 Jul 2012, 03:53.
    Real Hand Carved Magic Wands

Re: What's your favorite holiday

Samhain. I have always loved fall and Halloween.

Comment

Mine's absolutely Samhain. I look forward to it practically all year! For me there's just nothing like the feeling I get on the night of Samhain.
      And I love the whole season leading up to Samhain at that. All the decorations and so on.
      I'd rather spend Samhain in my hometown though but that's unfortunately not an option. Too far. Can't miss class for travel. :P

selume proferre

Comment

No pants day, maybe talk like a pirate day.
        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Beltane! I enjoy all the sabbats and have developed some cute traditions over the years, but I just love the romance and sensuality of Beltane. It was a bit of a shame that we had so much rain this May 1st, but I still had a magical and romantic weekend!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I really enjoy my kindred's Mother's Night blot. We hold it on the 24th December and there are some extra rounds of sumble. There's evidence that as well as the great Norns, individuals had a 'personal norn' and this norn is honoured with an offering of specially made porridge during Yuletide which we all do on Mother's Night, and we have a round of sumble for her, and one for our female ancestors. We have a feast which tends to be even bigger and more special than our usual feast at blot and we exchange gifts. There's lots of laughter.
            You can find some of my creative writing at http://libbyscribbles.com

Comment

Lughnasadh.

I really like carbs.
              Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Originally posted by Just_Wondering View Post
                Lughnasadh.

I really like carbs.
                This SHOULD be high on my list because it's also my birthday! But this year I'll be in the middle of moving JP in and my roommate out, so I'm expecting more stress than fun this year. Fitting though, because getting this flat was the result of a spell, so I like that I'm harvesting the results on Lughnasadh. I just wish I'd added an 'only if we can afford it' clause to my spell.
                Last edited by Jembru; 13 Jul 2012, 15:28.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thanksgiving.
                  Eat turkey. Watch parade.Nap.

Repeat
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Haha Jembru, my birthday's kind of Beltane (well depending if you celerate it on Apr 30 or may 1, I've heard both).

selume proferre

Comment

Midsummer. Longest day of the year, farthest away from winter (my most hated season). Definitely a great time to celebrate. Ostara is up there too, because that's the day winter is officially over and I start coming back to life on the equinox.

For secular holidays, I love Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Comment

I love winter! Everything that gives me alergies is dead, the temperature is finally at a tolerable condtion, and people bother me less.

The only problem I have with it is that most power outages happen during that time.

I would also like to amend my holiday list, free comic book day! The holiest of days.
                        Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

The winter holidays are my favorite as well. Something about it just seems very romantic. And I really like string lights Not to mention, my birthday is in December...

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                            This SHOULD be high on my list because it's also my birthday! But this year I'll be in the middle of moving JP in and my roommate out, so I'm expecting more stress than fun this year. Fitting though, because getting this flat was the result of a spell, so I like that I'm harvesting the results on Lughnasadh. I just wish I'd added an 'only if we can afford it' clause to my spell.
                            You can still take part in the celebrations! Eat large quantities of bread and chips/crisps and crackers and cookies/biscuits!

Rejoice in junk food! Whenever anyone comments on my carb load that day i just remind them that "all acts of love and pleasure are her rituals". It's written. It has to be done.

Pass the stuffing.
                            Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

Any holiday that gives me the day off!
                              [4:82]

Comment

Working...
                              X