X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's your favorite holiday

Originally posted by Just_Wondering View Post
    You can still take part in the celebrations! Eat large quantities of bread and chips/crisps and crackers and cookies/biscuits!

Rejoice in junk food! Whenever anyone comments on my carb load that day i just remind them that "all acts of love and pleasure are her rituals". It's written. It has to be done.

Pass the stuffing.
    Wise words!

selume proferre

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
      Any holiday that gives me the day off!
      I'll toast to that.
      Please disregard typos in above post. I browse the web on a Nook and i suck at typing on touch screens.

Comment

-Toxcatl.
        -Tlaxochimaco.
        -Tlacaxipehualiztli.
        -Quecholli.
        -Nemontemi.

I also like a variety of other more 'secular' holidays too, like, halloween.

Comment

I love celebrating Christmas with my family. I also love New Year's Eve. I love the feeling of a new beginning to everything. I also just absolutely love Auld Lang Syne, so the renditions of it make me happy. My favorite holiday in my tradition is Imbolc/Candlemas. I just love the candles and the beauty of it all, and I love Winter holidays as it is, since it's my favorite season.

Comment

my favorite season is definitely autumn, but my favorite holyday????? I dunno.... might be something etzalqualiztli or.....quecholli!

I also like new year's eve!!
            ~ flowers are our only garments
            only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
              Thanksgiving.
              Definitely a fine day!

Comment

Samhain for sure! I loved it far before I knew it to be more than just Halloween, and now that I know the history I love it it that much more. I look forward to this year and setting up my first Samhain altar.

Comment

Black Friday is my favorite holiday because on that day I bought number of electronic gadgets.

Comment

While I do love Winter Finding/Mabon/Thanksgiving. I do enjoy Yule/Christmas
                    Comes with such warm memories and family tradition, can't beat it.

Comment

I love any holiday that involves me eating! Which is all of them, cause I wanna eat! (My bum wishes I would'nt though!)

I think my husband prefers holidays when I don't decorate... He hates decorations cause they "get in the way."
                      Eh he'll get over it.
                      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

I have so many favorites! Anthesteria, Winter Solstice, Karva Chauth... I have a pretty crowded festival calendar so there are a bunch to love.

Comment

My favorite time is the last full moon of April, or the first full moon of May when we go up into the high country to celebrate Spring. I also enjoy the green corn, or Busk festivals.

Comment

My favorite holiday 10 days Ramlila show fully entertainment enjoy and Dussehra ,,,,

Comment

I love Samhain/Halloween; due to my current circumstances I tend to focus on the fun and games, dressing up etc of it though. I'd love one day to get all my likeminded friends together and have the big banquet/party/festival for it. Having said that I'd love to do the same with the others. I'm in the camp of "Food = Happy Me" hehe.

I also love Xmas. Not from a religious standpoint, I just love all the tinsel and colours and obviously the endless pop music

I'd also like to throw my vote in for International Talk Like A Pirate day, and the upcoming (October 13th) International Suit Up day :XD:
                              ~J

"The very young do not always do as they are told."

Comment

I like Yule best.

Comment

Working...
                                X