Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Madcap ideas or ways to make PF "better". Post your's here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Madcap ideas or ways to make PF "better". Post your's here!

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
    I'd use a shoutbox (when bored) but I think you should call it an ominous whisper box.

^^^^^^^ THIS! So much, this!

When everything else has already been gone through, all matters are handled, and nobody is in the chatroom, I'd let out an ominous whisper, for sure.

I think there should be a WoW theme, that includes real time achievement and auction house tracking, a way to monitor guild activity and gear upgrades, and multiple character association.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

All the wow themes i've seen so far were either really shitty or cost money.
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Here's a really daft idea: We could have houses like in Harry potter.

Comment

Here's a really daft idea: We could have houses like in Harry potter.
          I must be in Gryffindor! o_o
          My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
            I must be in Gryffindor! o_o
            Ravenclaw for me but if the powers that be want to run with this idea they better come up with some new names for houses, for the sake of copyright (and to avoid being completely lame).

Comment

Ah, Ravenclaw is nice too. ^_^
              But yep, would have to come up with new house names. I'm bad with making up titles or names, though. ;^_^
              My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Didn't really like the Potter houses, a decent wizard should have traits of all four of them.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                  Didn't really like the Potter houses, a decent wizard should have traits of all four of them.
                  I'm incline to agree! lol. Yet, I don't like Slytherin house and rather be in denial about that part of everyone's personality. It's more fun to have my nose in the air and say, "What a bunch of brats! Boo!" ;^_^
                  My everyday wacky blog

Comment

I'm incline to agree! lol. Yet, I don't like Slytherin house and rather be in denial about that part of everyone's personality. It's more fun to have my nose in the air and say, "What a bunch of brats! Boo!" ;^_^
                    I'm quite proudly Slytherin. And I'm a talented parseltongue. Just ask my snakes.

Ohhh, that's right, you probably don't speak parseltongue
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                      I'm quite proudly Slytherin. And I'm a talented parseltongue. Just ask my snakes.

Ohhh, that's right, you probably don't speak parseltongue
                      ROTFL! I would speak parseltongue if I was Harry Potter. But I get the feeling I'm a Weasley in this world. XD
                      My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Are you sure you're not in Hufflepuff?

Comment

Are you sure you're not in Hufflepuff?
                          Nope, I have no clue. I just may be! ^o^
                          My everyday wacky blog

Comment

Oh I do like the class house idea. Very British public school... Probably impossible to do, but a lot of fun.

On my other forum, every August, when the forum has it's anniversary, we have the 'YOT Awards' We have something like 15 categories from 'funniest posts' to, 'most loveable' and there is even 'member you'd most like to have a drink with'. Then someone is chosen to collect votes and everyone votes members for each category. Those who win, get to have the category they won under their name and avatar so it's visible whenever they post. I'm currently sporting YOT's 'Most Lovable' although I also won 'Best fan fic'.

We have a thread for it where we suggest categories for a few months prior. Then when we have agreed on a final list, voting starts 4 weeks before August 11th.

Just another idea..
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                              Oh I do like the class house idea. Very British public school... Probably impossible to do, but a lot of fun.
                              I'm no computer expert but it seems easy enough to me. You invent some houses. You give everyone a house maybe with some (limited) option to swap if you don't like the house you are placed in. Then you come up with things that earn (and lose) points for houses.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok let's have some house name ideas. How about:

Crow, Owl, Cat and Wolf

Comment

I'm not going to shoot this idea down yet, but this is going to take a lot of coordinating and forum modification. Not something we have anyone available right now to delve in to. Well discuss this idea in the staff section some time. But there will be nothing like this any time soon.
                                �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                                ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                                Sneak Attack
                                Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Working...
                                X