Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what are you doing for the apocalypse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, what are you doing for the apocalypse?

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    Yes, but now you have a perfect excuse if your creditors come knocking!!
    Oy, when don't they?
    If there is an apocalypse, those demons wil be the only ones left, picking over our rotting corpses till they have what we owe them!

^^ More of a downer than I meant for it to be....
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Moody Thursday View Post
      The 21st falls on a Friday, so no matter the time of day I'll be home in my pajamas, messing with my 3DS and cooking. I hope it ends after I eat. I'd hate to die on an empty stomach...
      The 21st is the Winter Solstice so I've got the day off to either celebrate Yule and/or to be as ready as I can be for the Apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
        Oy, when don't they?
        If there is an apocalypse, those demons wil be the only ones left, picking over our rotting corpses till they have what we owe them!

^^ More of a downer than I meant for it to be....
        Made me laugh though.. because you're probably right! Their thick exoskeletons will protect them from the blast..
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          Made me laugh though.. because you're probably right! Their thick exoskeletons will protect them from the blast..
          Like the proverbial cockroaches! although people won't be able to use twinkies as their apocalypse food... *gasp* OMG the apocalypse must be coming!!! No twinkies to save us!
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

So how are you hoping the apocalypse will happen (assuming it has to)?

Zombies would be cool. Failing that maybe some natural disasters. I want something that will kill most people but that a few of us might survive because it would be super cool to survive an apocalypse and this world would be better with a lot less people.

Comment

Well retail doesn't get many holidays where we actually get the day off, so I'll be working probably both on the eve and the day.

And to be really honest, something I've been talking with others on another forum. We think this whole 2012 may be the culmination of all the negative stuff that seems to be permeating everyone's lives lately. All the house fires, stillbirths, deaths, financial failures, lost jobs, and other turmoils that seem to have taken over everyone's lives lately in such a devastating way. I'm not a big believer in coincidence, so I'm really really hoping that 2012 brings some kind of balance back into the mix and we can get back onto an upswing.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
                So how are you hoping the apocalypse will happen (assuming it has to)?

Zombies would be cool. Failing that maybe some natural disasters. I want something that will kill most people but that a few of us might survive because it would be super cool to survive an apocalypse and this world would be better with a lot less people.
                Has to be zombies! It's the only way. If we're going to have an apocalypse, we had better do it properly. I think Kate Middleton will be the first to change.. that's probably why she's been in hospital. She has the first strain of the virus. It will mutate of course.. that's when they get faster and flame resistant.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                Well retail doesn't get many holidays where we actually get the day off, so I'll be working probably both on the eve and the day.

And to be really honest, something I've been talking with others on another forum. We think this whole 2012 may be the culmination of all the negative stuff that seems to be permeating everyone's lives lately. All the house fires, stillbirths, deaths, financial failures, lost jobs, and other turmoils that seem to have taken over everyone's lives lately in such a devastating way. I'm not a big believer in coincidence, so I'm really really hoping that 2012 brings some kind of balance back into the mix and we can get back onto an upswing.
                I kind of agree. But I think it is more that everything that was meant to happen already has. It's just that it is happening over 100 maybe 200 years (which is a small time in the grand scheme of things) and this is just the midpoint. 50-100 years from now, things will be very different, as promised. But then again this could be said of any time.

Still, that's no reason not to enjoy this as a convenient time to be optimistic and celebrate the fact that no matter how hard things are, nothing ever stays the same for long, so there is always a new world to look forward to, prophecy or no prophecy
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I like my zombies old school like in the original Dawn of the Dead (1978). Running zombies are meh.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
                    I like my zombies old school like in the original Dawn of the Dead (1978). Running zombies are meh.
                    But the only time the zombies ever win is when they run, and we need them to wipe us all out like in Dead Set.

Comment

I'd be after the same as V, lots of last minute sex, but since I'm without a partner... erm, I'll be looking forward to peace on earth for the first time in, say, dozens of millennia.

I think I'll be doing it in my pajamas. "Dressed for the occasion," and all.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Pajamas and slipper boots!

Comment

ughh, not zombies. If humanity can't put down a bunch of mindless husks with a vulnerability to head shots then I will be profoundly annoyed at its lack of general bastardry. Anyway I want better special effects for armageddon. If the world ends without a lot of awesome explosions then I'm demanding a rewrite.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

For the record, although I can shoot, I still can't aim... if anyone with some skill with firearms wants to ride out the zombie infestation with me, by all means look me up...

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                              For the record, although I can shoot, I still can't aim... if anyone with some skill with firearms wants to ride out the zombie infestation with me, by all means look me up...
                              I'm British, so I'll have to fight them off with a pen knife!

Comment

I've fought off too many REAL evil people to worry about silly zombies. If the world ends, well, I think I've done just about everything I set out to do, so I'll be at peace with it.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X