Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what are you doing for the apocalypse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, what are you doing for the apocalypse?

Laughing on the otherside of my face maybe? Just saw the news.. so North Korea have launched a rocket and people are pretty pissed off. Some strong words from the US.. threats of 'consequences'. Hope that was their only rocket. This has, what, 9 days left to develop? Now I wish I'd stocked up on bottled water and dried food....
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
      Has to be zombies! It's the only way. If we're going to have an apocalypse, we had better do it properly. I think Kate Middleton will be the first to change.. that's probably why she's been in hospital. She has the first strain of the virus. It will mutate of course.. that's when they get faster and flame resistant.
      ...Fast is fins, I can handle fast.... Flame retardant... FML... I quit! On the up-side I can shoot pretty damn good, and my husband can hold all the ammo! I think I'll go for cross bows, I don't need quite the skillset as for bows, and they are far quieter than guns. Always keep a sword or fire axe too, ammo does not last forever!
      http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
      ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Make popcorn, sit down and watch the aliens invade before one of them most likely finds me and eats my brain

In all seriousness though.....I'll probably be on a bus/train on my way to mum's.

Comment

My friends and I have plans to meet where I live (because I'm farthest south) and immediately head south from there. We wanna get somewhere warmer. We've got a decent skill set. At least three of us know how to aim and fire a gun. One was a Marine. Two know plenty about plants and gardening, etc. One has a degree with horses, which we're thinking may be our main form of transport, and food if necessary. The other option is to get to a river and kayak/canoe down, though the vast number of dams here would prolly make that quite difficult. And we'd prolly loot a Walmart or better yet a sporting good store to get the essentials. Of course, a lot relies on who survives the initial whatever that happens. Though basically, we're just trying to be kind of ready, we don't really expect anything to happen on that drastic of a scale soon.
          We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
          It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
          Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
          -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
            So how are you hoping the apocalypse will happen (assuming it has to)?

Zombies would be cool. Failing that maybe some natural disasters. I want something that will kill most people but that a few of us might survive because it would be super cool to survive an apocalypse and this world would be better with a lot less people.
            I'm a tad late on this....

NOT zombies...they're scary! I'm voting for not true apocalypse, but more total breakdown of society. Maybe the lights can go out, Revolution style. I guess what I'm aiming for is an interpretation of "apocalypse" that means "end of life as we know it" as opposed to "total destruction of life".

Barring that, natural disaster for sure. Higher chance of survival.

- - - Updated - - -

Has to be zombies! It's the only way. If we're going to have an apocalypse, we had better do it properly. I think Kate Middleton will be the first to change.. that's probably why she's been in hospital. She has the first strain of the virus. It will mutate of course.. that's when they get faster and flame resistant.
            I take it back....I'd hope for zombies just to see Zombie Kate! That should definitely happen!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm British, so I'll have to fight them off with a pen knife!
            As a British person, you should be watching Shawn of the Dead and taking notes

Or come visit me and hide in a bomb-proof bunker!

Comment

hmmmmm meet up with my lurve. forget all rules. go crazy. have fun. laugh like there is no tomorrow. love like there is no tomorrow. then just deal with whatever comes my way when it happens. no need to worry about something that you cant change anyway. right?!

Comment

I would like to watch walking zombies. Just for fun
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I'm causing the apocalypse.
                  I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Working...
                  X