Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what are you doing for the apocalypse?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, what are you doing for the apocalypse?

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
    I'm British, so I'll have to fight them off with a pen knife!
    hahaha loving it!

Comment

What am I doing for the apocalypse? Dying by the sound of it....;-)

Actually I put up a podcast of my interview with David Wells the well known astrologer, medium etc., on my podcast site this week and he talks at some length about how the 'apocalypse' idea on the 21st Decembers is really all tied in with astrology. Very interesting stuff.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        I'm British, so I'll have to fight them off with a pen knife!
        Surely that's the Swiss.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
          What am I doing for the apocalypse? Dying by the sound of it....;-)

Actually I put up a podcast of my interview with David Wells the well known astrologer, medium etc., on my podcast site this week and he talks at some length about how the 'apocalypse' idea on the 21st Decembers is really all tied in with astrology. Very interesting stuff.
          OMG, I haven't heard that name in years. My very first astrology kit, aged 8, was his!! I still have it somewhere, although the box is a bit bashed now.

I need to catch up with your pods. I'm waaaay behind. Just like I focused on Jap this year, I'm dedicating next year to more spiritual persuits, so hopefully instead of always listening to my Japanese podcasts, I can catch up with pagan and spiritual ones I've been missing!

JP made a bad joke when I told him about this thread. I mentioned the zombie thing from earlier because he asked why I was laughing and he said, 'Now don't worry Jem, it's not the end of the... hmm'.. ^^
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by jembru View Post
            omg, i haven't heard that name in years. My very first astrology kit, aged 8, was his!! I still have it somewhere, although the box is a bit bashed now.

I need to catch up with your pods. I'm waaaay behind. Just like i focused on jap this year, i'm dedicating next year to more spiritual persuits, so hopefully instead of always listening to my japanese podcasts, i can catch up with pagan and spiritual ones i've been missing!

Jp made a bad joke when i told him about this thread. I mentioned the zombie thing from earlier because he asked why i was laughing and he said, 'now don't worry jem, it's not the end of the... Hmm'.. ^^
            ^ lol ^
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Maybe the 21st will simply be the real start of the
              Age of Aquarius

As no-one seems to be able to agree on when that starts/started.

Alternatively in the RPG known as Shadowrun the 21st of December 2012 is the awakening when Magic returns to the world. So expect to start being able to shoot fire from your fingers

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                For the record, although I can shoot, I still can't aim... if anyone with some skill with firearms wants to ride out the zombie infestation with me, by all means look me up...
                410 shotgun. No so much kick, and close is good enough.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
                Alternatively in the RPG known as Shadowrun the 21st of December 2012 is the awakening when Magic returns to the world. So expect to start being able to shoot fire from your fingers
                That would only be cool if if were only me doing it -- trying to imagine my 12-year-old with that ability ... not good.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

My credit card expiration date is 2013. I trust them to keep taking my monies.

I really can't wait for De 25. That's the date Les Mis comes out.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    My credit card expiration date is 2013. I trust them to keep taking my monies.

I really can't wait for De 25. That's the date Les Mis comes out.
                    I'll be in the theatre watching that like a boss the minute it comes to my small town.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                      That would only be cool if if were only me doing it -- trying to imagine my 12-year-old with that ability ... not good.
                      Ok to geek out for a moment: In ShadowRun not everybody has magic in fact it is still quite rare (Tho at least 50% of Player Characters seem to have it). People with magic don't get it until they hit puberty. Spells have to be learnt so having magic doesn't mean you can use it straight away. In SR you tend to get more powerful the longer you play so an experienced mage could easily deal with a teenager.

Anyway I was thinking if the Awakening did happen (so that magic became more like in the movies), the people most likely to be lucky enough to become mages would on average be those who are already trying to use magic. The same way that most people who turn into elves after the Awakening looked a bit elvish before it happened. The same with Orks and Dwarves and so on...

Comment

Originally posted by AL!CE View Post
                        Ok to geek out for a moment: In ShadowRun not everybody has magic in fact it is still quite rare (Tho at least 50% of Player Characters seem to have it). People with magic don't get it until they hit puberty. Spells have to be learnt so having magic doesn't mean you can use it straight away. In SR you tend to get more powerful the longer you play so an experienced mage could easily deal with a teenager.

Anyway I was thinking if the Awakening did happen (so that magic became more like in the movies), the people most likely to be lucky enough to become mages would on average be those who are already trying to use magic. The same way that most people who turn into elves after the Awakening looked a bit elvish before it happened. The same with Orks and Dwarves and so on...
                        Guess it shows that I do not play video games. Sounds like one my kids would like, though for all I know they are already playing it -- video entertainment is my husband's department since he has greater aptitude and isn't made ill by 3D graphics. Anyway, even without magic involved I don't know that anyone can "easily deal with a teenager," particularly not one you love who lives in your home.

Has this "Awakening" thing been made into a movie? Sounds like a great movie. If it's a movie maybe I can watch it to celebrate the end of times. I don't know, maybe it would be even cooler if all people ceased to exist and turned into different animals as befits their personalities. My husband would definitely turn into a bear, my middle child would certainly be some type of canine. Yeah, I like that idea, too.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What ends up killing us off would not be what everyone expects. If you think about it we are "Spoiled" as far of being self sufficient. There was a reality show where this group had to survive with pre industrial revolution conditions. The need to kill and butcher farm animals was a major block,the show had to import someone to do that,as none of the people on the show could bring themselves to do it. There are MANY skills none of us has now that used to be standard for survival. Clearing land of trees and building shelter for one,and planting crops BEFORE winter sets in. Having enough food to last the winter. Guns would only be useful if you have ammo,and few know how to reload ammo and make gun powder. Many things we take for granted are only available because of the supply chain. when that stops we will have to conserve everything. Think about TP for one,search for old Sears catalogs or raid libraries for paper. Even with a diminished population these things will only go so far. There are people who study survival books and have learned these basic skills,but they are not all that many. One thing that is not considered is collective survival over individual survival. One person has little chance of long term survival. And if you add zombies then and sickness you run into people dieing from simple things.no modern medical supply's and no real knowledge of medical practice. All in all it would be a rough go,and some might opt out from the challenge anyway. I see people panic NOW if they lose their cell phone connection even for a short time.
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Maybe I won't be working. Maybe I'll be enjoying some mandatory vacation time and finding a new job. :P Which is always a treat for the end of days.
                            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Talking to a friend about the accident that destroyed my legs, it occurred to me about this coming apocalypse. I'll be "celebrating" the 26th anniversary of having my legs busted up.

I'm trying to figure out if that's irony or not.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm going to find out who is prepared in my area of friends. Then I'm gonna go loot them!
                                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                                X