Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About doing evil.

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=593.msg8868#msg8868 date=1288639547]
    I want to learn everything I can, I guess I just wanted doing harm to be in my arsenal of knowledge for some weird reason, but yeah...
    [/quote]

If you can heal, you can harm.

And healing is the harder of the two, because it requires doing it right...in both mundane and and magic matters.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=593.msg8868#msg8868 date=1288639547]
      Destruction is easy so very easy, life-protection-etc. is more difficult (or maybe I'm crazyer than I
      [/quote]

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=593.msg8882#msg8882 date=1288644975]
      i dunno... i seem to find healing and protection easier.
      [/quote]

I think part of the reason that people find hexing, cursing, destructive spellwork, all that, to be easier than healing or protection is that it is very easy to muster up emotion and passion when you're pissed off. Usually, when people are pissed off, they are more focused on lashing out than on preventing things from happening again.

For example, someone snatches my purse. My first instinct is to go after the thief, to throw things at him or her, to knock them down, take 'em out, bash their head in and feast on their still-beating heart. My immediate reaction isn't going to be to go to a store & buy a new purse with a sturdier strap, or a backpack or money belt that would be harder to steal.

Healing and protection are headier, abstract things - for most people, it's more difficult to envision a bubble of protective energy encircling someone or something than to see yourself ripping someone's limbs off if they've hurt you or a loved one.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

love is a strong emotion too. not just love for a significant other but love for friends and for other people in general.... eek im soundin all hippy heal the world now.
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Negative emotion is easier and it takes more love than hate to do something.
          Circe

Comment

emotion helps but it can also break down to willpower. when you are angry you WANT to do that stuff... it takes willpower not to. love you might just sit and revel in it... i see the point but if you will things to happen instead of relying on emotion, its even better... emotions cloud judgement.
            "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

The ability to feel emotion and to think clearly is an elusive one, usesing other peoples emotions is a solution to this
              Circe

Comment

ha just realized, if someone gets pissed at you, it allows you to drain them and turn their anger in on themselves...

Comment

Yup or use this new outlet as a battery my psychic stun gun. Could store it for later don't absorb it don't feel it get the power without the clouded judgement.
                  Circe

Comment

crystals are good for storing energy. =o)

Comment

Too expensive I use dasrk stones and charmed boxes, ill try that someday.
                      Circe

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=593.msg8987#msg8987 date=1288658130]
                        If you can heal, you can harm.

And healing is the harder of the two, because it requires doing it right...in both mundane and and magic matters.
                        [/quote]

well put!! i learn so much from the way you word things thal! +1
                        sigpic

Comment

What if you started getting quartz crystals and putting them in individual boxes, label each box as a different emotion. use the crystal within to store that emotion's energy, and use essentially a sealing spell with the box so the energy cant escape the box.

should preserve the energy well and would also be able to organize it.

and you could use small boxes/crystals.

Comment

That sounds very good, I can do that I have some quartz shards somewhere(field trip like four years ago)
                            Circe

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=593.msg9035#msg9035 date=1288662535]
                              The ability to feel emotion and to think clearly is an elusive one, usesing other peoples emotions is a solution to this
                              [/quote]

Be very careful if you deliberately set out to drain someone else's energies or emotions though. Because you don't get to pick and choose (although you might think you can). And the problem is that you have to take the bad along with the good. Not all energy will be beneficial to you - it's one of the big mistakes that psychic vampires often make, and can ultimately be harmful to the person absorbing the energies.

So please... before you get into a habit that will be hard to break. Remember that if you find the ability to think clearly and feel emotion is too elusive, then the solution is to work on it. Don't drain someone else's energies in the hope that they have got the hang of it already. Because if they haven't then you're not solving the problem, you're exacerbating it.
                              www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=593.msg9026#msg9026 date=1288661832]
                                Negative emotion is easier and it takes more love than hate to do something.
                                [/quote]

Not always.

Ever had a really cranky waiter/waitress or sales person and smiled at them and were kind? You really see them turn around

I'm reading the classic "How to Win Friends and Influence People" right now, and I think it's so popular because everything in there is so true. There's that old saying that "you win more flies with honey than vinegar." People really appreciate a little kindness and even subtle ways can brighten someone elses day. I know it sounds a little Suzy Sunshine of me, but it's true.

And if you get in the habit of approaching the world that way, you yourself become a more optimistic person.

And I find that it helps me magically as well. My spells might not have as much initial "oomph" as the ones I do out of sheer passion, but they're more solid, predictable and the effects last longer.

Comment

Working...
                                X