About doing evil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: About doing evil.

For some reason it won't let me insert quote right now so this will have to do:
    Negative emotion is easier and it takes more love than hate to do something.
    Feeling negative emotion might be easier but channeling it properly is not. And that is what spell work (or any kind of magical work) is really about. Channeling it. Anger, hate, jealousy. Those are all emotions that come easy to a person but also get out of control the easiest because people get blindsighted. It's easy to do something incredibly stupid when one feels that emotion. The same goes for love, joy and compassion. People have done some really retarded shit in the name of love.

Emotions are the driving force behind what people do and how. They are neither negative nor positive.

It's the intent that sways the direction.

Then again, I don't believe in light or dark...good or evil.
    To me, it's either useful or it's not.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I think there's something else you might want to take into consideration, Corvus...You're what, 14, right? You are at a point in your life where you're just beginning to really understand how to manipulate people. I thought the same things (feeding off people's emotions, blah, blah, blah) at your age, and I didn't even have any dangerous toys to play with!

What I'm betting you will find is that the desire to control, "feed" from, or otherwise manipulate the emotions of others is very powerful, mostly for you. It feeds the ego like nothing else I have ever seen, and especially if you don't have a lot of control over your life, feels like some pretty damn heady stuff. The truth is, though, that if you let that sort of energy be a major part of your life, it will start to run you, not the other way around. Based on your posts around the board, you get a big kick out of being "dark" and pushing the limits...be aware that doing so, if you're lucky, can simply turn you into a jerk. Getting ten, twenty years down the road and having no one who dealt with you in a particular period of your life want to stay in touch with with you kind of sucks, especially since chances are you'll realize that in the end you traded it for nothing.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Interesting. To start with the "feeding" ability showed up I was seven its almost second nature now, which is why most of the time I can controll it. I only have to feed once a month I do it concously because its safer for everybody else, if I don't...let's use this if you leave a jug in the sink with the facet on over it what happens?
        I discorvered manipulation at about ten, then how to conrtoll peoples emotions at twelve. I don't simply go around spreading mayhem, I help people I've called the dead for greiveing reletives, helped heal the sick. The most "evil" things I've ever done I didn't use spells for. The worst spell I've ever done was calling a families grandma from the dead.
        The "can we become gods" is more a debate for educational purposes than anything. For being a cruel dictator I have video games, in the real world there are people that feel. I'm also not completely immoral, I was offered money to hex someone(which I refused).
        Just because my personality is dark and seemingly evil dosent meen I am. Aren't we hi jacking this thread talking about me?
        Circe

Comment

Dude...

For one...you are really full of yourself, for the record.

Two...I'm rapidly hitting a point where I will be tired of you setting up threads that *will* be controversial, and *will* lead people to wonder what exactly you're playing at and whether you're messing with things you shouldn't be, and then turning around and being offended when people ask those very questions.

For all the trying to sound grow up and "wise beyond your years" you do....this game makes you seem like a kid. If you don't want to be treated like a child, then start contributing more beyond playing forum games and pushing people's buttons when they respond to your darn Special Dark Snowflake threads, and man up enough to take criticism when it comes your way.

Comment

Ehmm, while this thread has come to focus on Corvus a great deal, DR. He didn't start this one. Jotun did and the focus has since shifted to a degree. Admittedly, he's been part and parcel of the focus shift so that's not an all clear.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=593.msg9224#msg9224 date=1288719357]
              Ehmm, while this thread has come to focus on Corvus a great deal, DR. He didn't start this one. Jotun did and the focus has since shifted to a degree. Admittedly, he's been part and parcel of the focus shift so that's not an all clear.
              [/quote]

Okay if I agree to talk to a theripist can we get back on track?
              Circe

Comment

Haven't a clue, not really concerned. Thread drift is normal and frankly the discussion of negative emotion as a fuel source that you were engaged in was the beginning of thread drift. The consequences of a behavior are about as on topic as the value of anger as fuel source.

I'm mildly curious though how lashing out at me is beneficial to you.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Evil is as evil does?

Seriously. This is about the time I call for lolcats. Thy thread has run it's course.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

[quote author=Jotun link=topic=593.msg8543#msg8543 date=1288542470]
                    Has anyone casted any spells or rituals for evil purposes(i.e. Hurting somebody, causing them bad luck, etc.) ?
                    Why?
                    How solid are the results?
                    Are there any consequences?
                    Those are the few questions that come to my mind at the moment just to expand my knowledge...
                    Any other useful info about evil magic or something similar is welcome.
                    [/quote]

if I can,I would like to get back to the original questions because I have concerns that have to do with this.

Although I have never cast a spell to hurt someone or cause them bad luck, these things often happen to people I am angry with. I have often wondered, over the years, if I had brought misfortune to these people, if it was just their time to have some bad sit happen, or if speedy karma was somehow involved.

I have carried a lot of guilt at times thinking that I may have caused something bad to happen.

One example of this happen when i was a teenager (long, long ago ).
                    My best friend's boyfriend was at a bar with his ex and I ran into them. It was VERY awkward to say the least and he tried to get me to promise not to tell my friend that I had seen him. I couldn't make that promise and left angry. When they drove past me on his motorcycle half an hour later I was fuming!
                    They crashed less than a kilometer down the road.
                    She died.
                    He had been drinking and was sentenced to 9 months in jail.
                    In my head, I know that I did not cause the crash.
                    But I have always felt guilty about that night.
                    What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

oops!
                      I guess chain wanted to end the thread ;D
                      What you see depends on what you are looking for.

Comment

I guess so... At least I got some insight before they jacked my first topic...

[quote author=Celest link=topic=593.msg9246#msg9246 date=1288723595]
                        if I can,I would like to get back to the original questions because I have concerns that have to do with this.

Although I have never cast a spell to hurt someone or cause them bad luck, these things often happen to people I am angry with. I have often wondered, over the years, if I had brought misfortune to these people, if it was just their time to have some bad sit happen, or if speedy karma was somehow involved.

I have carried a lot of guilt at times thinking that I may have caused something bad to happen.

My best friend's boyfriend was at a bar with his ex and I ran into them. It was VERY awkward to say the least and he tried to get me to promise not to tell my friend that I had seen him. I couldn't make that promise and left angry. When they drove past me on his motorcycle half an hour later I was fuming!
                        She died.
                        [/quote]

I know exactly how you feel, I haven't witnessed something so intense happen to people I am angry at/who hurt me... But still I see them having bad luck and really taking I dive in life.

Comment

[quote author=Celest link=topic=593.msg9248#msg9248 date=1288723696]
                          oops!
                          I guess chain wanted to end the thread ;D
                          [/quote]

Not exactly.

Derailed threads, that turn into a melodrama, the beating of a dead horse or a brouhaha, will typically find themselves being locked. I'll give fair warning by bringing up the lolcats. Why lolcats? It's sort of an unofficial headstone for putting topics to rest. Once the cats come out? Either the thread needs to seriously change it's course or it's just a cat toy and will be put away, to collect dust - it's usefulness being exhausted.

If Jotun is okay with just getting back on course, with the thread? Then he and the staff are on the same page.

There's been some really good posts and replies, some great food for thought anyway, in regard to the use of negativity or negative energy (I avoid the word evil, in this context). There's also been a whole truck load of horse dung, thrown about. I'm all for learning, getting impressions/opinions (yay or nay), and all that.

If we get on track, the thread won't be locked.

*note: I've not given my own opinion on the topic. I can't, without sounding condescending, self-righteous and seriously angry (considering the last three pages). A condition that has warranted a few others getting a "time out", in the form of a ban or temporary restrictions. I won't risk getting banned. LOL

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

[quote author=Celest link=topic=593.msg9246#msg9246 date=1288723595]

She died.
                            [/quote]

I know it must be hard not to beat yourself up over that, but he was acting like a total idiot. He was not only possibly cheating on your friend but also drinking and THEN decided to drive. You didn't cause that accident, his bad choices did. It's direct cause and effect....bad choices ---->accident.
                            I know you said you know it in your head, but sometimes it helps to hear someone else say it

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=593.msg9224#msg9224 date=1288719357]
                              [/quote]

Good point...I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should, and I was pretty sure he'd started this one, rather then just taken it off-track. I probably meshed this mentally with the God's thread, thinking about it. Whatever the case, I am NOT in a mood to be messed with today, as you can probably tell.

Moving on, now...

Comment

[quote author=Juniper link=topic=593.msg9198#msg9198 date=1288711817]
                                For some reason it won't let me insert quote right now so this will have to do:
                                Feeling negative emotion might be easier but channeling it properly is not. And that is what spell work (or any kind of magical work) is really about. Channeling it. Anger, hate, jealousy. Those are all emotions that come easy to a person but also get out of control the easiest because people get blindsighted.
                                [/quote]

This...this is why I say it is easier to harm than to heal because healing requires doing something right, while harming just involves doing something pissed off. And I will also say that it is JUST as hard (if not harder) to cause specific and targeted harm that only affects the intended individual. Revenge is a dish best served cold may be a cliche, but it is an accurate one...
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X