Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    Who would narrate the documentary of your life?
    Thal beat me to it, but...David Attenborough.

Which song, when heard always takes you back to your childhood?
    Strawberry Wine - Deana Carter. It was on one of the first albums I got as a kid. I didn't get the song then, but I do now. Either that, or Ace of Base - The Sign, because it was the first cassette I had, and me and my best friend used to dance to it in her living room when we were six.

Mostly art.

Comment

White Rabbit, by Jefferson Airplane, vocals by the amazing Grace Slick.

Yup - life was like that...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        Either that, or Ace of Base - The Sign, because it was the first cassette I had, and me and my best friend used to dance to it in her living room when we were six.
        O.M.G.

That came out the year I graduated from high school.

*gets cane*
        *hits Vol*
        *hobbles away*

Comment

Anything from "The Sound Of Music" or "Mary Poppins", and the song from the 64-65 World's Fair, "It's A Small World After All".
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

werewolves of london, it played all of the time on the radio and stuck with me for a long time when I was in third grade, my grandfather made me spend hours in my bedroom learning times tables, I never did really get those down, (figured the math out, but don't have the memorization ability.) but the song I remember quite clearly, it made me happy...
            http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
            ~Jim Butcher

Comment

War Pigs by Black Sabbath.

I don't know how, or why, but as a small child I loved that song. It was still getting radio play on the mainstream rock stations in '75 or '76. I think in my mind I associated it with the Night on Bald Mountain scene from Disney's Fantasia that they would show during the Disney Hallowe'en Special.

I also remember Wolfman Jack being on the radio, lol.
              The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

The theme from Rawhide... or Gunsmoke, or Have Gun Will Travel, or Bonanza, or any of the popular westerns of the late '50s and '60s... spent many a happy hour with my Grampa watching westerns...
                I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country
                Tribe of my Tribe
                Clan of my Clan
                Kin of my Kin
                Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Originally posted by Rowanwood View Post
                  O.M.G.

*gets cane*
                  *hits Vol*
                  *hobbles away*
                  I might have been 7...

*runs*

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                    I might have been 7...

*runs*
                    *tries to chase*
                    *falls down...and can't get up*

Comment

O.M.G.

*gets cane*
                      *hits Vol*
                      *hobbles away*
                      Heh. It came out the year after I would have graduated.
                      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper, because my mom *loved her* and my BFF and I liked to watch the movie over and over and over and over @ slumber parties. Also, In-a-gadda-da-vida (or however the heck you spell it)...because my dad would listen to it, and I loved it. It was one of the few truly bonding things we had.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Grease is the word. I remember me and my cousins playing the album all day during the summer. We would dance in the living room to it.
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Country Boy by Ricky Skaggs. I remember loving that song as a kid... and my mother jokes that my first words were "Ricky Skaggs"

edit: shoulda linked to the Grand Ol' Opry performance instead.

EVERYBODY SOLO!
                            Last edited by ThorsSon; 27 Jan 2014, 21:45.
                            "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Sailing by Christopher Cross. It was my dad's favorite song.

http://youtu.be/yyYhZ9HH8cI
                              I liked that song when I was a kid, too.

Let's see, as a young kid it would have been Michael Jackson's Thriller, Madonna's Like a Prayer, and Peter Gabriel's Sledgehammer. My mom watched MTV a lot and I was always very fascinated with those videos.

As a teenager it would be The Church's Under the Milky Way, Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart, and Bauhaus's entire Crackle and The Sky's Gone Out albums. Of course, I still love those three bands. The whole soundtrack to Donnie Darko is also a ticket to the best years of my young life.
                              Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                              -Erik Erikson

Comment

Anything by Queen or Credence Clearwater Revival. Or Daddy Cool. Or Cold Chisel.

Not because they were current to my childhood, but because my parents played them to death.

Credence was my mum's housecleaning record... she'd put the (yes vinyl) record on and we'd scrub the house from top to bottom.

Queen's Greatest Hits... blaring from the speakers in our little blue Herbie car... windows down... the dogs leaning over the seats and hanging their heads out either window (a boxer and a mini foxy). We played that cassette until it died and spilled it's little cassette guts out into a terrible mess of tape-entrails.

Comment

Working...
                                X