Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Well I love the area of my state because there is no snow! And it never gets like below freezing. Though if I want snow, I can drive an hour. If I want beach, also about an hour and a half. But the actual city I live in? Thankfully busses! And being in a predominantly Latino neighborhood comes with perks. Mexican candy everywhere! Tamarindo for all! Oh and food trucks! Now on my particular street? I love the free roaming 3 rabbits that inhabit our street. They are out nightly on the grass nibbling away. It's a game spotting them when I come home.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm pretty sure it will come as a shock to all of you when I say that my favorite thing about where I live is the beach.

Have you picked up your jaw yet?
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Oh I wanted to add an important reason I love where I live in Southern California. Because it's not located in the Polar Vortex known as everywhere else in America.

Sowwy.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
          What's your favorite thing about where you live?
          The Adelaide Hills, without a doubt.

I love being in the hill-face zone... I love the vegetation, the views, the wildlife. I love that every day when I drive to work I see kangaroos in the Happy Valley Reservoir land. I love that there are conservation parks with amazing gorges and bushland and wildlife in every direction. I love that there are ancient gum trees lining the streets... and pockets of parkland and conservation parks around every corner. I love the ancient landvaettir... both slumbering and awake.

Comment

Well I love the area of my state because there is no snow! And it never gets like below freezing. Though if I want snow, I can drive an hour. If I want beach, also about an hour and a half. But the actual city I live in? Thankfully busses! And being in a predominantly Latino neighborhood comes with perks. Mexican candy everywhere! Tamarindo for all! Oh and food trucks! Now on my particular street? I love the free roaming 3 rabbits that inhabit our street. They are out nightly on the grass nibbling away. It's a game spotting them when I come home.
            We have a surprising amount of Mexican candy...since its in the regular grocery stores and there are 3 Mexican grocery stores as well as two Asian ones.

I think sometimes people think the whole midwest is a corn field with a redneck scratching his balls...and well, we have those too, but those are endangered species.

Comment

What's your favorite thing about where you live?
              It is short-sleeve weather, nearly, year-round... no excuses for not cycling.
              "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Originally posted by ThorsSon View Post
                It is short-sleeve weather, nearly, year-round... no excuses for not cycling.
                They have ice tires...

My favorite thing.... it's home. This is where my family is. Otherwise? Get me the hell out of here.
                We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

What's something you said or did as a kid that the thought of today embarrasses you?

Comment

What's something you said or did as a kid that the thought of today embarrasses you?
                    Asking very bad questions in a very loud voice.

Like this one time when I was about 4... I got onto a city bus w/my mother & asked her, "Are all these people 'n!&#^$s'?

Yeeahh, we got back off the bus.
                    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Too many to name. I was a stupid, fat, ugly, embarrassment of a child. I still retain a bit of that awkwardness today.
                      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Mostly just being embarrassed of myself...and hence not trying stuff. All kids are awkward, except the ones that peak at 15. And ...well, go to your class reunion at least once. Perspective is beautiful.

Comment

Oh god, there's a thousand things I did and do on a daily basis that haunt my very existence. I'm not very forgiving of myself, and I'm terribly ashamed of almost everything I've ever done.

Mostly art.

Comment

I used to call pancakes pantycakes.
                            We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                            It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                            Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                            -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Hmm. Most of my silliness, ignorance and naivety, as a kid, doesn't embarrass me one iota. Not much has changed, in that regard, being that I still open my mouth and say things that were better left unsaid. You know, for people's comfort levels or whatnot.

I mean, at around the age of 10 or 12, give or take a year or two, experimenting with certain 'sexual activities', with another boy my age, probably *should* embarrass me but I was a kid, just learning about who, what and how I was. I don't generally mention it, ever, because it's wholly irrelevant, mostly, but it's also something that many other people seem uncomfortable with.

Then there's the knife episode with a young girl down the street, when I was like 5, with a "you show me yours and I'll show you mine" deal that she didn't hold up her end of the arrangement.

*shrug*

I guess it's the overtones, too. It's not embarrassing. It just gives others, "young adults" [or parents] mainly, a different impression of the events as they occurred.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I apparently made myself a 'swimsuit' out of a brown grocery sack and came down the stairs while my parents had friends over for the NFL game in order to model it off.

I imagine my hoo-haa was more of a hoo-hello.

I also got Glamour Shots with my mom once.

I used to eat my boogers.

I ate dirt on the playground one time and informed my teacher that I didn't need lunch because I'd filled up on delicious soil.

P.S. There are like, a trillion of these.
                                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X