Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Who had the biggest influence on you as a kid?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Mr. Magoo.

There was a series of literature classics, presented as cartoons, and staring Mr. Magoo. It got me interested in literature.

The Frankenstein was my favorite.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

President John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
        sigpic
        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Belle from Beauty and the Beast. She always wanted adventure out in the great wide somewhere.

Mostly art.

Comment

Brian Yuzna and Corbin Bernsen, director and titular character actor, respectively, of The Dentist, a film about a schizophrenic dentist who tortures and murders people via aggressive dental procedure. I was nine when this film came out, and saw it, and still wanted to pursue a career in dentistry.
            Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
            -Erik Erikson

Comment

My grandfather.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Mom. I'm a mama's girl through and through. And she's the shit.
                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Thinking about it, I am afraid it was my grandfather. He was not very nice and he drank (apparently, I didn't know it at the time.) Which was why he was always so mad. I was always trying to get his approval, I think that may even have been the reason I joined the military... Never managed approval, but I did learn some useful things from the man.... And his hardcore conservative crap and the constant playing of Rush Limbaugh on the radio has made me a much better person, in that the only way I was influenced by those things was away from...
                  http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
                  ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                    Mom. I'm a mama's girl through and through. And she's the shit.
                    Yeah, this.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

What scares you most?

Comment

What scares you most?
                        The ravages of old age.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

What scares you most?
                          The thought of my niece and/or nephew being hurt or traumatised.

Not much scares me, but lately every time I see a news story about some kid who got kidnapped or hurt or killed horribly, I can't help but think 'what if that happened to them?' And that's a scary thought.

Comment

A lot of things I used to be scared of, I have actually overcome. Like needles. I got all tatted up and now I'm not frightened at all. I'm scared of getting another heart attack. Yup. And of going blind. And of being homeless. I should stop now.

Comment

What scares you most?
                              Chronic failure.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

What scares you most?
                                So...I have this chronic, irrational, obsessionary fear of driving off a bridge with the kids in the car. Before I had kids, I had the same fear--almost like a movie on repeat when I'm stressed out (anyone that is familiar with OCD should know what I'm talking about) that plays and plays... That the car would go over the bridge, and to get unstuck, I'd have to play out the scenario of what to do. Which was fine...I sort of trained myself to minimize it. But once I had kids, it became "which kid do I save"....and to "beat" the replay, I've had to creatively think of ways to get both kids out, no matter how implausible Either way though--its still a very real fear I have.
                                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X