Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What's the best holiday gift you received as a child?
    When I was in middle school, there was this awesome book in the school library, The Juniper Game, by Sherryl Jordan. My name dominated the check out card in the back of the book, I loved it so much. I really wanted a copy of the book for my own, but I couldn't find it at our local bookstore. The year my mom got it for me for Christmas was the best!!! It holds a special place on my book shelf

What is your secret talent?
    This one's hard... I've been learning to play the six holed ocarina with a little success, though I don't know if I would call it a talent yet... I did a lot of sailing summer camps as a kid and someday I hope to get a sail boat of my own, but I don't have those kinds of funds as of now... I did swim team as a kid too, and can swim pretty decently...

Comment

I read really fast...something like 100-140 pages (in a standard paperback, depending on the complexity of the writing) an hour...which is something like 400-700 words a minute. Which is really crazy, considering I don't speed read (speed reading is 1-2k wpm with at least 50% retention). In all technicality, for a regular reader, 400-700 wpm is considered skimming, but I'm not skimming. I think it might be connected to the fact that I was never taught to read, but rather taught myself around 4 to read.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

I used to read about 5 books a week,altering between them at times. I started reading at a very early age,and would mainly read science fiction,and math and science,with a later(age 18 and on mysteries and spy stuff)James Bond and the like, These days my eyes will not let me read as much as I would like,and like Duce,I go for audio books mostly.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Secret... don't know if there's anything no one knows. But reading people, I'm very good at that. I employ it when playing a dice game called "snyd", which means cheat
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
            Secret... don't know if there's anything no one knows. But reading people, I'm very good at that. I employ it when playing a dice game called "snyd", which means cheat
            What is this game, and how do you play it? Is it a Denmark thing (I've never heard of it)? Elaborate please!!
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              What is this game, and how do you play it? Is it a Denmark thing (I've never heard of it)? Elaborate please!!
              It's not a danish game as such, I think there's one called "bullshit" much like it. Basically everyone has 6 dices, and take turns to top each other. if you say "four fives" the next one has to say at least four sixs ot five of something else. And then it's about calculating the possibility of being that number on the table, and ttell who's bluffing and how people react. That was a messy explanation :P
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

It's not a danish game as such, I think there's one called "bullshit" much like it. Basically everyone has 6 dices, and take turns to top each other. if you say "four fives" the next one has to say at least four sixs ot five of something else. And then it's about calculating the possibility of being that number on the table, and ttell who's bluffing and how people react. That was a messy explanation :P

Ok, I know a version of that game, using cards! Cool...
                sigpic

Comment

The name here is "Liars dice"

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/45/liars-dice

There is a scene from one of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies where they play it,think the second one.
                  MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                  NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                  don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                  http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                    The name here is "Liars dice"

http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/45/liars-dice

There is a scene from one of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies where they play it,think the second one.
                    Sounds much like it expect we play with 6 dice and the winner in each round loses a die. First one to 0 wins
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Someone actually bought the Pirates of the Caribbean version of that game for me several years ago... I've never actually played it but I've been carrying it around with me each time we moved. It has the cups and dice made to look like the ones from the movie.

Comment

What fear would you like to overcome?
                        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

What fear would you like to overcome?
                          Flying. I'm terrified of flying, not just a little scared, completely terrified. It makes it a bit harder to go places. but I'll get over it eventually. I hope.
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Comment

Flying. I'm terrified of flying, not just a little scared, completely terrified. It makes it a bit harder to go places. but I'll get over it eventually. I hope.
                            According to my nana, copious amounts of alcohol help that one.

I don't like new things and I abhor feeling like an idiot trying something new in front of people when I know I could suck at it. I try to make myself do new things regularly...while it doesn't help the initial going into it fear, I've managed to shrink the list of things I've never done.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                              According to my nana, copious amounts of alcohol help that one.
                              I don't drink -.- but a doctor tried giving me pills to sleep through it. I'm still wide awake for the entire trip, but out cold the second we land. Adrenaline counters it I'd have to start taking them days earlier for it to work...
                              What babe?
                              The babe with the power
                              What power?
                              The Power of voodoo
                              Who do?
                              You do!
                              Do what?
                              Remind me of the babe!

Comment

I don't drink -.- but a doctor tried giving me pills to sleep through it. I'm still wide awake for the entire trip, but out cold the second we land. Adrenaline counters it I'd have to start taking them days earlier for it to work...
                                Thats probably a good idea... Also, depends on how long the flight is. When I was a corpsman, we'd have to give out seasickness meds to some of the crew--the trick there is to take it the day BEFORE you get underway, the day you get underway, and the next day...then (for the average person that gets queasy) you shouldn't need it anymore while you are underway, unless there's a crazy storm or something. Then there's always that One Guy...the one that gets so sick, even with meds, every day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X