Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is one idea, fact, or situation that is hard for you to accept?
    Being told I'm wrong about anything. I don't like to be wrong. Ever.
    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

That I'm not allowed to eat many kinds of meat....
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

That Wolverine is dead.

And the fact that every single time I try to plug my usb into my cell or mp3 player I have to insert it 3 times. First time one way doesn't work. Second time other way doesn't work. Third time the first way works. But only on the third try.

Dis. Dis be witchcraft. :=I:
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

The world is full of idiots fighting and killing over stupid things.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

That people think all fat people are lazy.
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

That African-Americans are a minority. (By the time we moved out of Brooklyn in the late 60's, we were pretty much the only white family in the neighborhood.)
              sigpic
              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

That Wolverine is dead.

And the fact that every single time I try to plug my usb into my cell or mp3 player I have to insert it 3 times. First time one way doesn't work. Second time other way doesn't work. Third time the first way works. But only on the third try.

Dis. Dis be witchcraft. :=I:
                Good news Duce. They are now coming out with...wait for it...a universal USB that fits no matter what way you plug it in..

http://dornob.com/double-sided-usb-s...esign-problem/
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

That most people put great stock in random statistical numbers, yet most people haven't the slightest clue how a well designed analysis would look.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  That African-Americans are a minority. (By the time we moved out of Brooklyn in the late 60's, we were pretty much the only white family in the neighborhood.)
                  This is a common misunderstanding. When a population is described as a majority or minority, it often refers to power rather than numbers. Case in point -- Ferguson, MO, much in the news last year. Mostly black population, mostly white police force. In South Africa under apartheid blacks were minority even though they were far more numerous than whites. Any group that benefits disproportionately from a system of governance is that system's majority regardless of population size.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

What word or phrase do you say most often?
                    I talk to my dog and my sister's dog more than I talk to humans, so probably something silly like, "You guys are so cute!" or "Who want to go for a walk?"

What was a moment you decided you needed to change something in your life?
                    I was on vacation with my family and my mother wouldn't stop taking pictures. I was getting seriously pissed because, at the time, I was really over weight and I hated pictures of myself. I would see them and I'd have to throw out what ever clothes I had been wearing in the picture; nothing looked good on me after having saw what I really looked like with them on. I stole my mother's camera and was looking through the pictures she'd taken, being a glutton for punishment, and I just started crying. Immediately after that vacation I lost 20 pounds. I decided that I would loose weight and never be that heavy again that I couldn't stand to see myself in a picture.

Did you ever once dislike someone you now consider a friend? What changed your impression of them?
                    There have been people with aggravating personalities that I haven't liked when I first met them, but after I've gotten to know them a bit better, I can usually figure out how to get along with them. Part of the trick is understanding their view points and what triggers set them off the worst and trying to keep them in a good mood. Most people are nice people at heart, they just don't always know how to get along with others very well.

That people aren't always dog lovers... I hate when people are mean to my dog.

Comment

Did you ever once dislike someone you now consider a friend? What changed your impression of them?
                      Yep yep my husband. Biggest grouch and know it all on the planet. My goal everyday I saw him at work??? Could I piss him off with my cheerfulness. What did I learn hes not a grouch he just looks grumpy. He has a man's resting b$%^# face. To this day when people meet us separately and then find out we are together blows their minds. "Your so happy and hes so angry how are you together???" Which works perfect for me because no one ever gets to know how great of a person he actually is because they don't bother to look deep enough. Also hes still the biggest know it all on the planet but hes cute.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

Comment

That not only do most people not do any research about the history and facts of their religion, they don't want to. Don't...don't you want to know the most about your own faith that you can?
                        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

That the sheer amount of stupidity committed by multiple apparently intelligent human beings is actually a failing of intellect instead of integrity.
                          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

What’s in your closet besides the clothes you wear everyday?
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Three televisions and a lot of empty cardboard boxes. I'm waiting for my truck to be repaired so I can take them to town to get recycled.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Dresser, entertainment center, washer and dryer, totes, bags, printer, my ritual stuff as well as my occult books. I don't like people touching those.

Comment

Working...
                                X