Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's Quesion du jour (the year of the horse edition!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is your biggest pet peeve on the road?
    Tailgating. I mean seriously.

The only time I don't go the speed limit is if it's bad weather and we're on bad roads, even then usually no more than five to ten under. I'm not about to risk my life because you are five minutes late for your mani-pedi or back, sack, and crack.

We're all very impressed by your four-by-four with the huge tires, please appreciate that I am driving a frikken '02 Galant.

Also, people who somehow don't understand right of way.
    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

People who go to pull into the turning lane, but don't get their asses completely out of the flow of traffic - straddling the line and making the entire lane come to a stop when they've got their own damn lane...

Comment

People who drive in the fast lane, and match speed with the vehicle in the other lane... especially if they are going below the speed limit.

A) get OUT of the fast lane if you aren't actively overtaking another vehicle!
        B) DO NOT match pace with the guy next to you, blocking the road, keeping people from overtaking you!

Do you not see the 500 cars lined up behind you wanting to pass? Do you not hear all the horns, see the flashing headlights, and feel the hate radiating toward you?

Do you see the finger raised high? That'd be mine.... I am planning your slow death.
        "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Comment

Other drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
            I know, right? Can you imagine if I owned a sports car? I would be dead right now. "Why aren't you going 160?! I WILL MURDER YOU IN YOUR SLEEP."

But seriously. I'm a major a-hole when I drive.

Lol, I'm a bit better now that I have kids...but...before that, yes.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

My wife.

She has panic attacks in the car.
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by LunarHarvest View Post

0_o Oh...well...I...*hides in a corner*
                You don't have to hide. But if you're ever in Canada, and you're in front of a beige and white 1994 Ford Aerostar, with a bunch of hippie stickers on it and a cracked windshield, let me pass you, or get the hell out of my way.

Mostly art.

Comment

Kangaroos. Then sheep. Then cats. But I aim for the cats... braaaap
                  ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                  Seen the desert and the birds
                  You cut your hair short
                  Like a shush to an insult
                  The world had been yelling
                  Since the day you were born
                  Revolting with anger
                  While it smiled like it was cute
                  That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Same as my pet peeve anywhere: Humans.
                    sigpic
                    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Not so very long ago I would have said "other people" as well, but I've since learned patience on the road.

Now what pisses me off are people that drive recklessly because THEIR time is more important than everyone else's. I'm not talking about speeders - speeders are ok in my book as long as they're safe (not climbing up on my bumper, cutting people off, etc), I'm talking about the douchbags that weave in and out of traffic at 90 (and don't live in LA) without blinkers or even bothering to pay attention to what's on the road. These assholes rank right up there with the douchbags that get into the fast lane and then either don't completely pass you (so you can't get behind them and pass the slow motherfucker in front of you), or they let you get behind them, then match the "slow lane" traffic.

I'm also not a fan of people that pull out of parking lots without paying attention, and people that feel the need to slow to 10 MPH in regular traffic when they have a turn lane (or the people that come to a complete stop before pulling into a parking lot - in traffic, of course.

I have a few pet peeves, but those are the worst of them. If those assholes were off the road (or were to learn how to drive) I think I'd probably be pretty ok with everyone else.

Comment

Woman drivers!! Yes I am a woman as well.
                        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

What is the most outrageous or common misconception people have about your hobby or profession?
                          That I have a clue what I am doing in a garden. I love my garden, but know little about proper gardening. Things grow or they don't.

- - - Updated - - -

Two, one is more annoying and the other is just frightening.

The annoying thing is people who won't let other cars merge at a merge point. It goes together like a zipper: one car from the left, one from the right, one from the left, one from the right. Traffic continues to flow at a reasonable pace. It almost never works that way because too many people don't make space for a car from the other lane, which then comes to a complete stop, so then the other lane has to slow to a crawl to let the stopped car in blah blah blah.

The frightening thing is texting while driving. It may be illegal, but they apparently think that law is for other people. Used to see a car swerving and assume alcohol or drugs, now it is probably texting.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Originally posted by nbdy View Post
                            The annoying thing is people who won't let other cars merge at a merge point. It goes together like a zipper: one car from the left, one from the right, one from the left, one from the right. Traffic continues to flow at a reasonable pace. It almost never works that way because too many people don't make space for a car from the other lane, which then comes to a complete stop, so then the other lane has to slow to a crawl to let the stopped car in blah blah blah.
                            OMG yes. I am of the opinion that Adelaide drivers just simply don't know how to merge. Here it's 'supposed' to be whoever's nose is in front goes first, but more often than not people will gun their engine to get in front of you, even if you are already half a car in front of them. So then you end up in a fight where whoever has the biggest balls gets through first... only I drive a Hyundai Getz, so the other car is almost always bigger than me, so they ALWAYS assume they have bigger balls than me.

Just yesterday, I was merging, with an SUV slightly behind me. I thought to myself (and said aloud to Torey), I'm gonna let him go first, 'cos I can't be bothered fighting with an SUV today and I'm trying to be a nice driver. So I let him in even though I should have been first. Only for him to slam his breaks ten meters further up the road, and turn right across traffic WITHOUT A BLINKER.

This is why I hate driving.

Comment

If your pet suddenly gained the ability to speak, what would it have to say about you?
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If your pet suddenly gained the ability to speak, what would it have to say about you?
                                That I don't feed her enough food often enough.

Of course, Chelsie is a highly food-motivated dog.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X