Ask a Psychic Vampire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a Psychic Vampire

Do you find some people/objects/animals etc are easier to drain than other?

Do you ever meet with any resistance?

Do you believe it is possible to consciously resist a psychic vampire?

Another thing that bothers me a bit is that there are definitely some people around whose energy is more than a little toxic. I would not want to absorb their energy any more than I would like to drink anti-freeze. Can you tell in advance what sort of energy you are tapping into? Can you filter it?
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

like you say, you need to absorb energy because your own level is too low. But can't you just absord energy from the great mother earth, our giant core of energy? Everyone does this if he grounds himself.
      Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=751.msg13009#msg13009 date=1289745167]
        Do you find some people/objects/animals etc are easier to drain than other?

Do you ever meet with any resistance?

Do you believe it is possible to consciously resist a psychic vampire?

Another thing that bothers me a bit is that there are definitely some people around whose energy is more than a little toxic. I would not want to absorb their energy any more than I would like to drink anti-freeze. Can you tell in advance what sort of energy you are tapping into? Can you filter it?
        [/quote]

Some things are definitely easier to drain for me. Like I said before, I'm very much aligned with electronics and electrics, so they're much easier than anything else. Humans are cross-compatible, I think. I tried a tree and it didn't go well.
        Other people say different things.. a "greener" aspected person might be able to get what they need from the grass.

I mentioned in another thread on shielding, I once was on a train, too tired to close myself off, and I'm fairly certain the person who sat next to me had one of those aggressive shields - you know, the "mess with me and you get the whammy" types. That was unpleasant.

It's definitely possible to resist anyone who's tapping into what's in your body. The cloud around you I suppose could be shielded. But that's like saying "don't breathe my air."

As for filtering.. I think this is why I experience empathy the way I do, actually. I tend to feel a person's emotions if I touch them.
        Some people actually believe themselves to be natural filters and seek bad energy to take it out of circulation.
        Me, I don't have any kind of detection really. I suppose if I hit on something particularly nasty it might have a bad effect on me. But I haven't really noticed anything to that effect. I suspect that, for *me*, energy is energy regardless of flavor, as long as it's from a source compatible with me.

[quote author=ghosthaunter link=topic=751.msg13078#msg13078 date=1289758776]
        like you say, you need to absorb energy because your own level is too low. But can't you just absord energy from the great mother earth, our giant core of energy? Everyone does this if he grounds himself.
        [/quote]

Never been an earth-aspected person, I'm afraid. I can ground like anyone else to even myself out and relax myself, but to actually draw the missing energy? No.
        Maybe that's part of why I am the way I am *shrug* The lack of ability to replenish may be linked to lack of compatibility with earth-energy.
        Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

[quote author=ghosthaunter link=topic=751.msg13078#msg13078 date=1289758776]
          [/quote]

It just dosent work that way. I find the energy to not be ambeient enough, Like tring to drink pudding with a coffe straw.

Quote from: Tylluan Penry Do you find some people/objects/animals etc are easier to drain than other?Do you ever meet with any resistance?Do you believe it is possible to consciously resist a psychic vampire?Another thing that bothers me a bit is that there are definitely some people around whose energy is more than a little toxic. I would not want to absorb their energy any more than I would like to drink anti-freeze. Can you tell in advance what sort of energy you are tapping into? Can you filter it?

For me I seem to be bio energy orented, so I can drain from almost anything alive. People are definately the easiest and most "filling". If someone has a good enough sheild than they are absolutely harder. As for resisting I've heard crossing your ankles and wrists makes it harder to be drained, but I've yet to test it. It is supposed to close your energy loop or something. As for the energy, I've yet to find any energy inheretly toxic to me.
          Circe

Comment

I was thinking more on the way to work... I didn't have much time to answer before, cause my lunch was cooling on my desk.
            I do avoid some energies. I close myself off when i pass anyone unhealthy, obviously insane, or drunk. Drunks especially, but that's mostly because I have a personal dislike for them. (you know, the guy who smells of gin and yells on the train)
            But then, just to clarify, I don't go tapping into strangers all over the place. That's not really cool. But I can't help picking up on what's around. Especially when I'm tired.

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg13216#msg13216 date=1289782163]
            For me I seem to be bio energy orented, so I can drain from almost anything alive. People are definately the easiest and most "filling". If someone has a good enough sheild than they are absolutely harder. As for resisting I've heard crossing your ankles and wrists makes it harder to be drained, but I've yet to test it. It is supposed to close your energy loop or something. As for the energy, I've yet to find any energy inheretly toxic to me.
            [/quote]

If you believe in the concepts of the "projective" and "receptive" hands (more Cunningham lore from me!), this makes sense as you'd be re-absorbing much of the energy you expel. It wouldn't do much to anyone who wanted to ta into your inner energy, but it'd certainly deter anyone from grazing on your ambient field, as it were.
            I suppose it'd be a good way to keep a low profile too if you know for a fact that you burn brighter than most people.

Comment

Do you think that, with some practive, you would be able to change of source of energy? So you wouldn't have to drain electric apparture anymore?

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

[quote author=ghosthaunter link=topic=751.msg14149#msg14149 date=1289999394]
                Do you think that, with some practive, you would be able to change of source of energy? So you wouldn't have to drain electric apparture anymore?
                [/quote]Funny, I would have almost expected the reverse question to be the case.

Which would be more ideal? Avoiding electrical energy, like ghost suggests, or avoiding people, and (presumably) having your electrical bill go up a little each month?
                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=751.msg14218#msg14218 date=1290009145]
                  Funny, I would have almost expected the reverse question to be the case.

Which would be more ideal? Avoiding electrical energy, like ghost suggests, or avoiding people, and (presumably) having your electrical bill go up a little each month?
                  [/quote]

lol deseret i didn't mean he has to drain people. i just ask if he would be able to change to... let's say idk the sun or earth? or just plants?

Comment

Ah, makes sense!

It just got me wondering...since the original topic is draining, a form of vampirism, whether alternate forms are preferable, given the option.
                    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I find it pretty doubtful for me. I suppose everyone is different, but changing an affinity like that is a pretty major change.
                      Earth is basically lifeless to my reckoning, and I've been working nights so long that direct sunlight makes me nauseous. Plants are too.. let's say "insulated."
                      Then again, I have no problem relying on electrics. I like technology.

Comment

This is a really fascinating post and i would like to thank the OP for starting it.

I have always had a 'thing' with watches. I wear them, they stop working. Others in my family have been the same. And it applies to mechanical wind-up watches just the same as quartz ones.

Clocks however (mechanical ones) are different. Certain clocks really like me. Mr Penry reckons they would work for me even if the pendulum was missing....

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=751.msg14377#msg14377 date=1290030386]
                          This is a really fascinating post and i would like to thank the OP for starting it.

I have always had a 'thing' with watches. I wear them, they stop working. Others in my family have been the same. And it applies to mechanical wind-up watches just the same as quartz ones.

Clocks however (mechanical ones) are different. Certain clocks really like me. Mr Penry reckons they would work for me even if the pendulum was missing....
                          [/quote]

A clock isn't as directly involved with your body and energy field as a watch you strap onto your wrist. That's my guess. What about pocket-watches and your folks?

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=751.msg14377#msg14377 date=1290030386]

Clocks however (mechanical ones) are different. Certain clocks really like me. Mr Penry reckons they would work for me even if the pendulum was missing...
                            [/quote]

Thank you! I'm really happy this thread has been so well-received; I usually ping-pong between "They'll think I'm crazy" and "They'll think I'm evil" when considering broaching the subject.

[quote author=Gwen link=topic=751.msg14465#msg14465 date=1290057800]
                            A clock isn't as directly involved with your body and energy field as a watch you strap onto your wrist. That's my guess. What about pocket-watches and your folks?
                            [/quote]

I have to agree here.. while I do have a more long-range effect on electronics, for a person with a "normal" energy system (one that's not constantly reaching out to mess with things) is going to have a far more profound effect on something they're in direct contact with, particularly right against the skin and near the hands.
                            And with a family that's been practicing family trads for as long as yours has, I'm not surprised to hear that you might have an effect on that newfangled machinery
                            As for clocks liking you... something like a mechanical clock, I could definitely see as being a home for something spiritual that might take a liking to you and decide you should always be punctual

Personally, I just have those issues with batteries. It's been ages since I had a wind-up watch, but I seem to recall them working quite nicely

Comment

[quote author=CttCJim link=topic=751.msg15103#msg15103 date=1290230761]
                              Thank you! I'm really happy this thread has been so well-received; I usually ping-pong between "They'll think I'm crazy" ...
                              [/quote]

In the interest of not disappointing, you are completely and certifiably out of your mind. One might even accuse of being a touch loopy.

Anyone who wishes to know how I'm qualified to speak on craziness is advised to look at my religious outlook. ;D
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

[quote author=Gwen link=topic=751.msg14465#msg14465 date=1290057800]
                                [/quote]

Pocket watches (on the rare occasions I carry them) follow the same pattern. But not people. And I don't think one derives much energy from a clock or watch.... it's more as though I somehow disrupt the way they work. With mechanical watches only I could say it's something to do with magnetism since they are notoriously sensitive to magnets, but I also seem to have an effect on quartz watches too.

Nobody ever seems to feel drained around me - normally it's quite the opposite.
                                And I never normally wear a watch - not for about thirty years now.

Comment

Working...
                                X