Ask a Psychic Vampire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a Psychic Vampire

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=751.msg15113#msg15113 date=1290242044]
    Pocket watches (on the rare occasions I carry them) follow the same pattern. But not people. And I don't think one derives much energy from a clock or watch.... it's more as though I somehow disrupt the way they work. With mechanical watches only I could say it's something to do with magnetism since they are notoriously sensitive to magnets, but I also seem to have an effect on quartz watches too.

Nobody ever seems to feel drained around me - normally it's quite the opposite.
    And I never normally wear a watch - not for about thirty years now.
    [/quote]

Ah! I meant to ask, do pocketwatches break down also for you and for your family (rather than, do you have an energetic effect on people)?

Comment

[/quote]

I met a few people, back in my days of actually meeting people, who were like this. Particularly the more intelligent pagans with the really positive outlooks. They practically ooze positive energy, and everyone around them feels great most of the time.
      This was back before I knew anything about my own energy needs, and whenever my soul-sucking job had me drained and wanting to give up on life I would seek out my little circle of good witches at our weekly coffee shop meetup and get a recharge on my will to live. They were, of course, happy to oblige in return for my good company and wry wit
      Ah, how I miss those folks... we all scattered to the winds after one local witch war too many.
      Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

Pocket watches (on the rare occasions I carry them) follow the same pattern. But not people. And I don't think one derives much energy from a clock or watch.... it's more as though I somehow disrupt the way they work. With mechanical watches only I could say it's something to do with magnetism since they are notoriously sensitive to magnets, but I also seem to have an effect on quartz watches too.

And I never normally wear a watch - not for about thirty years now.
        [/quote]

you could be affecting the quartz in the watch which effects the timing. Quartz watches use the vibration of the crystal inside to do the exact timing of time. If you're body can alter that vibration in any way the timing would go off and your watch would slowly no longer be on time.
        "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=751.msg15109#msg15109 date=1290235243]
          In the interest of not disappointing, you are completely and certifiably out of your mind. One might even accuse of being a touch loopy.

Anyone who wishes to know how I'm qualified to speak on craziness is advised to look at my religious outlook. ;D
          [/quote]

From you, sir, I take that as a compliment.

Comment

[quote author=Gwen link=topic=751.msg15134#msg15134 date=1290245943]
            Ah! I meant to ask, do pocketwatches break down also for you and for your family (rather than, do you have an energetic effect on people)?
            [/quote]

Sorry! Ah - I'm the only one who has this effect on watches.

[quote author=Dufonce link=topic=751.msg15213#msg15213 date=1290263345]
            you could be affecting the quartz in the watch which effects the timing. Quartz watches use the vibration of the crystal inside to do the exact timing of time. If you're body can alter that vibration in any way the timing would go off and your watch would slowly no longer be on time.
            [/quote]

Oh they don't slow down. They just stop. I must be something of a psychic sledgehammer....
            [quote author=CttCJim link=topic=751.msg15143#msg15143 date=1290248718]
            I met a few people, back in my days of actually meeting people, who were like this. Particularly the more intelligent pagans with the really positive outlooks. They practically ooze positive energy, and everyone around them feels great most of the time.
            This was back before I knew anything about my own energy needs, and whenever my soul-sucking job had me drained and wanting to give up on life I would seek out my little circle of good witches at our weekly coffee shop meetup and get a recharge on my will to live. They were, of course, happy to oblige in return for my good company and wry wit
            Ah, how I miss those folks... we all scattered to the winds after one local witch war too many.
            [/quote]

Do you think that a change of job could afcfect your need for extra energy - or is this something you are now stuck with?
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

[quote author=MaskedOne link=topic=751.msg15109#msg15109 date=1290235243]
              In the interest of not disappointing, you are completely and certifiably out of your mind. One might even accuse of being a touch loopy.

Anyone who wishes to know how I'm qualified to speak on craziness is advised to look at my religious outlook. ;D
              [/quote]

This...this I'm inclined to agree with.

Just a titch.

Still love having you around, CttC
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Tylluan Penry link=topic=751.msg15226#msg15226 date=1290266146]
                Do you think that a change of job could afcfect your need for extra energy - or is this something you are now stuck with?
                [/quote]

That was my old job. It took a lot out of me. It was all I could do just to drag my carcass in there every day.
                Who among us has never felt "drained" after a tough shift? Stress affects our ability to shield. Fatigue causes us to use more energy than we have. Doubly so for me, it seems.

Comment

My new boyfriend is a total sheild. And he dosent even realize it. Why do I feel this is bad?
                  Circe

Comment

Unless using someone you care about as a meal sounds like a good idea, why would your boyfriend being shielded be bad? Where is the inherent benefit to him in being thought of as an energy source to tap at leisure?
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Do you guys feel like there's a sense of entitlement involved in what you're doing in any way? Do you think that some of the people who you "feed" from would feel in any way violated if they knew?
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=751.msg15432#msg15432 date=1290296516]
                        Do you guys feel like there's a sense of entitlement involved in what you're doing in any way? Do you think that some of the people who you "feed" from would feel in any way violated if they knew?
                        [/quote]

Depending on how I feed, they shouldn't care. one way is just to "clean up" their energy trail, they can't use it. With group feeding no one loses too much energy, the only time I would think anyone would care is for deep feeding. I even find deep feeding something that is not to be done, that's scary
                        Circe

Comment

One of my pagan friends says she is a psychic vampire but claims the ONLY way she can get energy from the other person is through sex. She claims that she usually has an energy high and stores her excess energy in crystals after she has had the "energy transfer". I think she is full of crap but have you heard of something like this before?
                          sigpic

Comment

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=751.msg15460#msg15460 date=1290299274]
                            One of my pagan friends says she is a psychic vampire but claims the ONLY way she can get energy from the other person is through sex. She claims that she usually has an energy high and stores her excess energy in crystals after she has had the "energy transfer". I think she is full of crap but have you heard of something like this before?
                            [/quote]

No offense but she's either weak or very specialized. Ecstasy is the second most powerful energy available for feeding, so she must be weak to be only feeding on one energy. Or very specialized which would basically make her a succubis. I've specialized but only being able to feed on one energy seems a bit far fetched to me. As for storing energy, quite possible I've been experimenting with sealed boxes and stones. Crystals work very well, but they are too expensive for me
                            Circe

Comment

Kind of glad to find out she might not be full of crap. Thanks lol.
                              sigpic

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg15401#msg15401 date=1290293583]
                                My new boyfriend is a total sheild. And he dosent even realize it. Why do I feel this is bad?
                                [/quote]

My personal opinion:
                                Being totally shielded can indicate a person is subconsciously very uncomfortable or unrelaxed. Even if this is not the case, it might be your perception. When with one's mate, we should be relaxed. If your mate is not relaxed (or if you perceive him/her to be so), you feel something is wrong.
                                Personally, I don't shield at home. My wife and I basically share a common energy pool at this point. She's a bipolar insomniac, so sometimes that works out nicely for me.

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=751.msg15432#msg15432 date=1290296516]
                                [/quote]

Going back to my original descriptions... if you're collecting the ambient energy in the air, the stuff that bleeds off of everyone, your impact is minimal to the room and negligible to the donor. If you're actually tapping what's "under the skin," then as I said before, that's getting into a moral issue and the psychic vampire community (insofar as there is one) frowns upon that. It's morally the difference between staring at a girl's cleavage and grabbing a handful.
                                Ethics reference: http://psychicvampire.org/blackveil.htm The Black Veil is cited commonly by communities as a fitting code of ethics for any vampirism.
                                That's not to say that accidents don't happen. When one is tired or off-guard, "unintentional" feedings can occur.
                                And yes, people who are "tapped" in that way have every right to feel violated.

[quote author=LiadanWillows link=topic=751.msg15460#msg15460 date=1290299274]
                                [/quote]

I have heard of all of that. I've never met a succubus myself, however. Communicated with one on another forum, but he was very "Look at me!" so my inner skeptic rose to attention.
                                I've never felt an affinity for crystals, so I haven't done any work with them. But in my case, a pocket full of AA's might do the trick
                                It's cheaper just to hit all the streetlights on my way home and ride that sweet sweet electric C-Train.

On another note:
                                It occurred to me that, while I encourage skepticism, I haven't done much of a job in pointing out how not-that-far-fetched this concept of energy feeding is. So let me indulge myself and connect the dots.
                                -The vast majority of the folks on this forum practice energy shielding. We all talk about it all the time. So let us assume that (almost) all of us believe in the existence of an energy to shield with.
                                -If you feel the need to shield, you must accept the premise that there is something to shield against. There is no shield without attack.
                                -Accepting that there are things out there which might attack one metaphysically, it is not far-fetched to assume that some of these things may be human.
                                -Accepting that, it is not too great a leap to suggest that some of these attackers may be only following their bodies' natural responses to deal with their own needs.
                                -From there, you just extrapolate why a person's body might need to attack another person's energy. That's four or five short leaps of reasoning from a commonly-held belief to the subject of this thread.

That's not too unreasonable, is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X