X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ask a Psychic Vampire

That's a very good way to explain it.
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I like that explaination. In case no one knew the male version of a succubis is an incubus, both of which were once regarded as demonic creatures
      Circe

Comment

Good post CttC!

At that point, how is what you're experiencing different from someone, like me for example, who starts feeling listless if I don't spend enough time around people, and feels energized and happy in a room full of people, but hits a point rather quickly where it's "too much"?

Is it possible that everyone experiences some degree of interconnectedness, and contact, but some people are more aware of the affect is has on them then others? I mean, if you take a baby, any new baby, the amount of energy transferred to that new baby from the parents is much more then just food and hugs.
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg15401#msg15401 date=1290293583]
          My new boyfriend is a total sheild. And he dosent even realize it. Why do I feel this is bad?
          [/quote]
          Is this the guy you went on ONE date with?
          Stop acting like that. It's embarrassing.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

[quote author=Corvus link=topic=751.msg15677#msg15677 date=1290354697]
            I like that explaination. In case no one knew the male version of a succubis is an incubus, both of which were once regarded as demonic creatures
            [/quote]

In the time period you're thinking of, "Succubus" was usually the less shameful explanation for a guy who woke up from a wet dream. "Incubus" was what they told hysterical girls who claimed a man had been in their bed against their will during the night.
            The terms are used today in totally different contexts.

[quote author=Deseret link=topic=751.msg15704#msg15704 date=1290365377]
            Good post CttC!

At that point, how is what you're experiencing different from someone, like me for example, who starts feeling listless if I don't spend enough time around people, and feels energized and happy in a room full of people, but hits a point rather quickly where it's "too much"?

Is it possible that everyone experiences some degree of interconnectedness, and contact, but some people are more aware of the affect is has on them then others? I mean, if you take a baby, any new baby, the amount of energy transferred to that new baby from the parents is much more then just food and hugs.
            [/quote]

I know what you're talking about. It's a lot like sympathetic vibration - being around positive energy prompts you to generate positive energy of your own. It's a lovely effect that can set off a cascade (like at a concert for example) and is highly valued by people like me.
            It's difficult to explain, but it definitely feels different to draw energy from a source than it does to generate it in response to that person. I'm capable of that, but it's rare. When I relax enough to let another person's "vibe" change mine, I also relax enough to start bleeding energy like a sieve.
            As for "too much," well, crowds still overwhelm me. I used to risk having tiny breakdowns when I was a kid. Crowded malls were like a miniature hell for me. They still are, but now I know shielding and I'm big enough to get where I'm going quickly.
            Be Excellent to each other - or something will Happen to you.

Comment

Is this something you can learn? I often feel really drained, sometimes even wake up feeling that way. It's related to my bipolar and anxiety I think. Is there a way I can learn to replenish my energies?

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=751.msg15780#msg15780 date=1290385960]
                Is this something you can learn? I often feel really drained, sometimes even wake up feeling that way. It's related to my bipolar and anxiety I think. Is there a way I can learn to replenish my energies?
                [/quote]

I do not know about being a psychic vampire. But sometimes when I feel drained I try grounding and it helps.
                sigpic

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=751.msg15780#msg15780 date=1290385960]
                  [/quote]

While it comes naturally to some, other people have reported "induced" psychic vampirism due to being drained. I really see no reason why a person couldn't learn to do it... I'll even post some specifics if you really want, starting from visualization and pushing all the way to drawing from your chosen energy source. It might make sense. But then again I also can't understand how a person can not understand basic computer use. When something is easy for me, I often forget it's not easy for others.

Also yes I agree, grounding is a good way for most people to "balance out." And if you're a "people person," that sympathetic energy I was talking about can be found in public gatherings. Concerts, special events, a good bar, a good pagan meetup, the happier types of churches...

Comment

You can learn it, anyone who understands how to manipulate energy (which in my opinion is a basic principle of magic makeing) can do it. Some people have asked me after I said I feed on emotion to teach them. So far they have had good results.
                    Circe

Comment

Fascinating stuff here. I'm highly skeptical of "actual" energy transfer but I fully admit that metaphysical energy (or what ever you want to call it) can be shared from person to person, or animal. I've never seen it with plants or electronics. Cool stuff.

I think there's a JSE article on this actually...gonna have to look into that!
                      The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

I was contemplating this thread on my way in to work (as I often do lately), and it occurred to me to issue a warning.
                        Energy vampirism can bring a slight rush or "high" for some. While physically harmless, this can lead to a psychological dependence or addiction.
                        Any addiction, even if it is to a harmless substance or vice, can ultimately lead to unhealthy and/or self-destructive behavior.
                        Always practice objective caution.

That said, like I say, I'll gladly post anything people want to know about how I do the things I do. I'd likely do a separate thread for "Energy Use 101", since obviously there's a few who might benefit from that, and then post here with the natural continuation of that into energy transfer.
                        Any interest?

Comment

[quote author=CttCJim link=topic=751.msg15812#msg15812 date=1290391916]
                          I was contemplating this thread on my way in to work (as I often do lately), and it occurred to me to issue a warning.
                          Energy vampirism can bring a slight rush or "high" for some. While physically harmless, this can lead to a psychological dependence or addiction.
                          Any addiction, even if it is to a harmless substance or vice, can ultimately lead to unhealthy and/or self-destructive behavior.
                          Always practice objective caution.

That said, like I say, I'll gladly post anything people want to know about how I do the things I do. I'd likely do a separate thread for "Energy Use 101", since obviously there's a few who might benefit from that, and then post here with the natural continuation of that into energy transfer.
                          Any interest?
                          [/quote]

Yes I would be interested. I finally appreciate powerful spike shields, today in target I saw this dude with the most powerful energy signature I've ever felt. He was using a moving spike shield, and kept looking at me (I wasn't shielding or rolling in my tendrils at the time). I did what I normally do when anyone intrigues me, I analyze their aura. He didn't like that. I never thought anyone that strong would be in my town, the spikes like moved real fast and destroyed the tendril I sent at him. That was uncomfortable, and he smiled! Then I made my own spike shield and tried to get out of the check out line A-S-A-P! That has never happened before, normally the sheild just collapses when my tendril touches it. I hope I don't see him again
                          Circe

Comment

As I said before, I'm against things like spike shields. It's like saying, "I didn't get my pocket picked today. Someone tried, so i F*CKING STABBED HIM. Ha ha ha I'm so good at life."
                            There's a fine line between defense and offense.

Comment

lol is it just me, or is half of the people on this topic interessed in 'how can i drink other people's energy?'

and yes, an energy thread would be nice, before i get addicted
                              Please, just call me Ghost

I want to be like the moon. A lonely observator of earth, watching the people live, love and die

Knowledge destroys enemies, too much knowledge makes enemies ~Ghost~

It doesn't matter how you practice your magick. As long as the thought behind it is clear, it will work

Comment

I confess that I'm a bit confused at this point, guys...

Going back to my question last page about whether anyone would feel violated if they knew they were being fed off of.

It seems to me as though that's exactly what happened in this case, if it went down the way Corvus describes it. Someone with more awareness did not appreciate Corvus attempting to come around, and so figured he'd "smack the young punk down".

If I believed in the sort of energy exchanges you're describing, given the situation, I would probably have a similar reaction myself.

Yet, both of you say that what he did was uncalled for? Is he not allowed to defend himself if he doesn't like what you're doing?
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X