Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Boyfriend constantly fighting with me about cats

Originally posted by Heka View Post
    I disagree. Humans are fickle arseholes.
    Aha .....

I see.

Btw: Are you human?

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention, but a person that has a problem with you pet has a problem with you. Pets are family. Boyfriends are just roommates with benefits.
    When I said "partner", I meant PARTNER!

Not somebody you sleep with for a day or two.

Of course I do not know what you mean by partner here ....

Comment

Originally posted by Heka View Post
      I disagree. Humans are fickle arseholes. With animals you know where you stand.

And they don't argue.
      Seconded....
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

@ Gleb

Are you human?

------------------------------

It seems quite dangerous here to contradict a majority .....

And again some people seem not to understand what I am really saying - or not wanting to understand

They seem to derive a lot of pleasure by ganging up against someone who dares to contradict a majority.

Comment

My parrot's been with me for almost 25 years. THAT is a partner LOL
          I didn't date anyone who owned an incompatible pet, as I'm not interested in the type of person who would ditch a pet.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Larix View Post
            @ Gleb

Are you human?

------------------------------

It seems quite dangerous here to contradict a majority .....

And again some people seem not to understand what I am really saying - or not wanting to understand

They seem to derive a lot of pleasure by ganging up against someone who dares to contradict a majority.
            I am human. Otherwise I wouldn't be here. The reason I second Heka, is that different people prefer some things over other things. I prefer cats over some people, for example. Not all people are "angels", after all.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I am not speaking of "some people"

I am speaking of a beloved partner for life.

Is it pagan to throw a beloved partner on the rubbish heap when he or she does not agree with a pet?

--------------------------------------------------

I am now leaving this thread!

I am sick and tired of getting mobbed again for not ageeing with the majority.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                My parrot's been with me for almost 25 years. THAT is a partner LOL
                I didn't date anyone who owned an incompatible pet, as I'm not interested in the type of person who would ditch a pet.
                And, in my book, a partner (that's worth anything) doesn't give an ultimatum over something like that---its like dating a single mom and saying "your kid or me".
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Larix View Post
                  I am not speaking of "some people"

I am speaking of a beloved partner for life.

Is it pagan to throw a beloved partner on the rubbish heap when he or she does not agree with a pet?

--------------------------------------------------

I am now leaving this thread!

I am sick and tired of getting mobbed again for not ageeing with the majority.
                  But what kind of partnership is it if the other person can't accept the people and things you love? I'd -assume- that no one would ask someone to get rid of a pet they got together, so obviously the pet was there first. What kind of person dates someone long enough that they move in together, pretends to be ok with the pets, and then just magically expects their significant other to just get rid of her/his pets? That's not a partnership.

I could never get to that point with someone who wasn't willing to love my cat and I couldn't consider a man like that my partner.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  And, in my book, a partner (that's worth anything) doesn't give an ultimatum over something like that---its like dating a single mom and saying "your kid or me".
                  Exactly...it's super selfish to do something like that. To me, it doesn't scream "equal partner in this relationship."

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                    This, and Hawkfeather's version, are wisdom.

A person who holds love for ransom with the cost being another love is best avoided.

It's possible that the person just does not understand how much the pet means to the one who owns it, but - if he/she doesn't get that, it might be worth reflecting on what else that person doesn't get about the things one values.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      A person who holds love for ransom with the cost being another love is best avoided.

It's possible that the person just does not understand how much the pet means to the one who owns it, but - if he/she doesn't get that, it might be worth reflecting on what else that person doesn't get about the things one values.
                      This...this is what I was thinking of when I (off the cuff) said that a boyfriend is just a roomie with benefits--the difference between a boyfriend (or girlfriend) and a (prospective) life-partner is that they value what you value because you value it, even if they don't personally value it.

My mother always wanted a piano as a girl. My grandparents were poor--not living in poverty poor, but no money for extras poor. It was her dream to play the piano...she ended up playing the flute instead (a neighbor had a daughter that quit lessons, and she gave it to my grandma, and another neighbor taught music lessons and traded that for my grandma's sewing skills). So, when she got her first job, she saved her extra money. It took her a couple years, but she bought herself a piano.

My step-dad recently told her he wanted her to get rid of it because it "takes up too much space and no one plays it"---they own a 4 bedroom home with a loft, a den, a rec room, and a 2 car garage. It only takes up too much space in his mind.
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

Nobody messes with my sock puppet.....My true friend and companion for these many years....(Can you tell when I mean business,and when I am just being funny?)
                        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Nobody messes with my sock puppet.....My true friend and companion for these many years....(Can you tell when I mean business,and when I am just being funny?)
                          Is his name Wilson?
                          sigpic

Comment

That is my Soccer ball....and he is a bit touchy around sharp objects...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              That is my Soccer ball....and he is a bit touchy around sharp objects...
                              So if the two had an offspring, it'd be a Socker ball puppet?

Yeah I know. Keep my day job. ***sigh*** LOL
                              sigpic

Comment

Badda bing,badda boom....(rim shot)(that was funny kiddo)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                                X