Columbus Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Denarius View Post

They're making fun of Canadian politeness.
    Wait, yep, I'm with you now.

Haha thinking of Anchorman news crew battles now haha
    ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
    Seen the desert and the birds
    You cut your hair short
    Like a shush to an insult
    The world had been yelling
    Since the day you were born
    Revolting with anger
    While it smiled like it was cute
    That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Re: Columbus Day

Well. He's sorry now. Cuz he's dead.

Sowwy, my Wolvie spamming is taking over because he died today and I'm in mourning.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

Well. He's sorry now. Cuz he's dead.

Sowwy, my Wolvie spamming is taking over because he died today and I'm in mourning.
        Just noticed you're a sniktress in mourning.

That Wolvie is Australian though. He's not sorry either.
        ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
        Seen the desert and the birds
        You cut your hair short
        Like a shush to an insult
        The world had been yelling
        Since the day you were born
        Revolting with anger
        While it smiled like it was cute
        That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

It seems that the United States are not the only country in the world that has some kind of "Columbus Day":

More about it:

Comment

Yesterday it's was Columbus Day. I went to Barnes and Nobles and read some tarot books because the library was closed on Columbus Day.

Comment

If I lived in the US, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. Here's a good blog on the topic:
              The idea that Christopher Columbus discovered "the New World" is one of the great fallacies of history.

Comment

It is not widely celebrated and rarely as anything more than a day foe sales. It does provide for some peole to get holiday pay (double pay) for working so that is a good thing.
                The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

HEY ... October 12 is my birthday ...
                  I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                  X