Whats for Dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats for Dinner?

Black pudding, leftover spaetzle and spinach.

Comment

Pasta & Butternut sauce
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

El Pollo loco tacos al carbon, flame grilled corn, order of chips and salsa. Later its watermelon time!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Beef burgers and salad
          http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Tonight it's homeburgers & some Bush's barbecued baked beans. Last night was baked salmon, yams & broccoli.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

slow cooked ribs and mashed potatoes mmmm
              sigpic

Comment

Leftover spaetzle with chicken and a salad made entirely from veggies from the garden.

Comment

Zucchini Fritters, corn on the cob and watermelon.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Chicken enchiladas with rice, beans and horchata.

Comment

Meatloaf
                      sigpic

Comment

sauteed scallops and brown rice and barley with a spicy eggplant and green tomato pomodoro sauce
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                          sauteed scallops and brown rice and barley with a spicy eggplant and green tomato pomodoro sauce
                          Oooo...that sounds good. I've only had scallops once, and they were probably overcooked because they were rather rubbery. I honestly wish I knew more about seafood.
                          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                            Oooo...that sounds good. I've only had scallops once, and they were probably overcooked because they were rather rubbery. I honestly wish I knew more about seafood.
                            The first trick to seafood is to live somewhere where you can get it fresh (if you can get flash frozen and not thawed by the grocery store, its a decent runner-up)...the second trick is to never overcook it. After that, its sort of trial and error.

Scallops cook well with butter, lemon and garlic (or with bacon), you can broil 'em or sautee them easily, or grill them (a bit trickier because the heat is hard to control and they break apart when they stick)...but overcooked, they aren't terribly impressive.

Tuna steaks are good if you get them frozen. Just thaw 'em out and season them, cover the bottom of a pan with olive oil and get it super hot, pop in the steaks, cook 'em super fast and flip 'em. A good tuna steak will be blackend on the seasoned crust, white underneath, then pink and still raw in the center. The best seasonings are (IMO) either crushed white, red and black peppercorns with dried garlic OR (this might sound weird, but it tastes great) a packet of the zesty italian spaghetti sauce mix from McCormick (or a knockoff). Basically, you just roll the steak in it and cook. Super easy and super fast, so make sure you make it last for good dinner timing.

My other fave is broiled salmon...just mix some soy sauce,honey, grated ginger and minced garlic (or squeeze OJ over it, sprinkle some garlic salt and lay a rosemary sprig over it and wrap it in foil)...another good option is honey mustard salmon with sauteed green beans.

I also like crab legs (the grocery stores around here will usually steam them for you, its free and its tasty), crab cakes, she crab soup, clam chowder, lobster, tilapia (good breaded and baked), cod...really, you name it. I draw the line at shark and other predators of predators of predators. (I draw the line at going that far op the food chain--its pretty awful in terms chemical concentration.)

(I'm not even sure if you want all this info...but I forgot to put in my previous post that the hubby and I have also polished off a bottle and a half of moscato (the other half a bottle was cooked with), and I'm feeling a bit carefree and type happy since he's in charge of bedtime)
                            sigpic

Comment

LOL...that was actually really informative!

I get salmon, tilapia, and shrimp flash frozen...if nothing else, sushi in San Francisco taught me that fish should smell like ocean water, not fish. After living in Florida and the CA bay area at different times, though, it's a shame I don't know more then that.
                              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Garlic lovers shrimp served over spaghetti rigati and fresh asparagus sauteed in butter.
                                Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
                                X