Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats for Dinner?

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
    LOL...that was actually really informative!
    Glad to be of service, lol...I'm surprised it was coherent

I get salmon, tilapia, and shrimp flash frozen...if nothing else, sushi in San Francisco taught me that fish should smell like ocean water, not fish. After living in Florida and the CA bay area at different times, though, it's a shame I don't know more then that.
    I'll have to dig into my recipes... Another good one, if you can get crab (which I have to watch my intake one, I think I'm becoming allergic--I've ended up taking benadryl and using my inhaler within an hour of eating a goodly amount of crab the last few times), is crab stuffed salmon (you basically stuff a crab cake into a salmon and top it off with slivered almonds, and serve it with something akin to the innards of crab rangoon)..the problem with getting you the recipe is that its one of my mom's "hey this sounds good, lets make it on the fly and never write anything down" recipes (so you see where I get it from, eh?)
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

BLT without the tomato...
      sigpic

Comment

...we had pizza
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

peanuts and V8 fusion

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGarnetRose View Post
            8 fusion
            LOVE THAT SHIT!!!

ZOMG, we have to ration it around here!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
              LOVE THAT SHIT!!!

ZOMG, we have to ration it around here!
              I so have to be careful with it, I can drink the whole bottle and end up in sugar shock from all the fruit juice. But when my sugar is being wacky and won't stay above 90 it's perfect.

Comment

Not sure what dinner will be, exactly, but at 7 I'm invited next door where we'll be making S'mores.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Glad to be of service, lol...I'm surprised it was coherent

I'll have to dig into my recipes... Another good one, if you can get crab (which I have to watch my intake one, I think I'm becoming allergic--I've ended up taking benadryl and using my inhaler within an hour of eating a goodly amount of crab the last few times), is crab stuffed salmon (you basically stuff a crab cake into a salmon and top it off with slivered almonds, and serve it with something akin to the innards of crab rangoon)..the problem with getting you the recipe is that its one of my mom's "hey this sounds good, lets make it on the fly and never write anything down" recipes (so you see where I get it from, eh?)
                  That sounds really good. If you get around to pinning her down on it, I would love a copy! LOL
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                    That sounds really good. If you get around to pinning her down on it, I would love a copy! LOL
                    Lol, that description was what she gave me the last time I wanted the recipe...
                    sigpic

Comment

Lol, that description was what she gave me the last time I wanted the recipe...
                      And this is how we lost all of the recipes my Mother in law had. She didn't write a dang thing down, and when she passed away, they all went with her. I'm actually on a mission now to write all of my recipes down in order to not let that happen here.

Comment

If you like guacamole then you need to try this simple WeightWatchers recipe from their Simply Bueno! cook book. It's called Four-Ingredient Guacamole.

2 Hass avocados, halved, pitted, and chopped(I just mash them with a fork)

1 plum tomato, chopped(here I remove the seeds with a spoon so it's not watery)

1 tablespoon of finely chopped onion(I use a red onion)

1/4 teaspoon of salt

Put the avocado in a medium bowl and gently mash with a fork until chunky. Stir in the tomato, onion, and salt. Serve at once or press apiece of plastic wrap directly onto the surface to prevent the guacamole from browning and refrigerate up to 3 hours.

If you don't know how to pick a ripe avocado look for the dark almost black ones and if you can easily remove the stem it ready to use.

makes 12 servings at 1 point each

This is a favorite in our home.
                        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I made some vegetable "sushi"rolls. They were delish. I was wondering if anyone knew a recipe or a place to buy pickled ginger?

Comment

Check your Asian grocerys.
                            ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                            Seen the desert and the birds
                            You cut your hair short
                            Like a shush to an insult
                            The world had been yelling
                            Since the day you were born
                            Revolting with anger
                            While it smiled like it was cute
                            That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Amazon.com has it if you can't find it elsewhere, but my local grocery store actually has it. I use it for a lot more than sushi, but then I'm addicted to ginger in any form.

Comment

For me, pan-seared lamb shoulder chop & brussel sprouts. For the hubster, leftover steamed rice & beef stir-fry. I'd have leftovers, too, but I made the stir-fry w/green bell peppers and I can't stand the flavor of left-over peppers.
                                The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Working...
                                X