Whats for Dinner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats for Dinner?

pepperpony? You eating a brony pizza or something?

*ducks*

Comment

Originally posted by Rhaethe View Post
      pepperpony? You eating a brony pizza or something?

*ducks*
      Lol. It's an old habit to call it that. Working waitressing at the bowling alley we had to give out pizza buy the slice. I just got to calling in that for fun.
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This evening it shall be grilled cabbage and potatoes, corn on the cob and pork chops.. maybe not pork chops.. I'll decided on the protein when I get there.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Since I am gonna study with my classmate before tomorrow's final, it's gonna be pizza. Perhaps something else for dessert. <_< >_>
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            Since I am gonna study with my classmate before tomorrow's final, it's gonna be pizza. Perhaps something else for dessert. <_< >_>
            Do a fruity popscicle!

Comment

Steak
              mixed vegetables
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

summer squash sauteed with garlic and onion, topped with feta and basil
                steamed corn, bell pepper, broccoli
                baked sweet potato (no sugar)
                corn tortillas
                hummus with chile and lime

Comment

Roast chicken breast with stuffing made from chestnuts, nettles, sorrel (all foraged), apples (from my mother-in-law's garden), mushrooms, onions, and herbs (from my garden).

I would have used foraged mushrooms too, but I've already used them all up.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                    I would have used foraged mushrooms too, but I've already used them all up.
                    What varieties of mushrooms do you hunt up?

I go for morels, chanterelles, oysters, shaggy manes, and, occasionally, when they are big enough to bother with, puffballs.

Tonight, I had grilled pig and smashed potatoes.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                      What varieties of mushrooms do you hunt up?

I go for morels, chanterelles, oysters, shaggy manes, and, occasionally, when they are big enough to bother with, puffballs.

Tonight, I had grilled pig and smashed potatoes.

I don't know what they're called in English, but maronenpilze and steinpilze. My online dictionary says they're called cepe or boletus for both (I guess they're related, which makes sense because they look almost exactly the same), but that doesn't make any sense. I only know those so far, because I'm a newbie. I could also spot chanterelles, but I haven't seen any in the area.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boletus_edulis these. They grow everywhere. I guess they're porcini then! Why did the dictionary not tell me that? That's by far the most common name!

Also, why am I getting to the point where I know words in German that I don't know in English?
                      Last edited by DanieMarie; 08 Oct 2014, 14:33.

Comment

Oh yeah! Boletes! With the spongy underbelly.

They're common here, too, but the ones I find are always maggoty, so I've never eaten them.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Some of the ones we find here are too, but if you go at the right time, most are fairly fresh. We usually just cut the worms out if we find them. Usually there's just one in the stalk and the rest is fine.

Comment

For dinner tonight:

Slow-cooker venison stew with garlic and butter mash potatoes...

Comment

Leftover turkey dinner. Though, after the amount I ate last night, I'm STILL not hungry.

Comment

Chili that I made last night, but wasn't hungry to have any. Beef, bacon, jalapeno infused olives, sweet white corn, two scotch bonnets, and pink beans. Usually I'd add carrots, bell peppers, and onions, but I didn't have any in the house and was too lazy to go to the store to get some.

Comment

Working...
                                X