Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What life hack has changed your life?
    Learning to lock up the credit card when I don't immediately need it for bills. I've saved thousands over the years on frivolous spending...

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
      Learning to lock up the credit card when I don't immediately need it for bills. I've saved thousands over the years on frivolous spending...
      But what if you have it memorized? I'm really good with numbers, and I can memorize my credit card number after only typing it in once or twice.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        But what if you have it memorized? I'm really good with numbers, and I can memorize my credit card number after only typing it in once or twice.
        Oh jee, not with my brain. ^^

Maybe make a mental note never to use it without the physical card with you?

Comment

None that I know of now.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I am too old to know what a "life hack" is. Sorry.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm always looking for those little tricks that make the experience of being me just that little easier. Some stick with me and become habits, others come and go. I'm not sure anything particularly changed my life, but everything makes life that little easier, I guess.

Of those that have stuck...

-Getting dressed quickly after getting up, rather than sitting around in my PJ's for hours. I'm more likely to get onto skype and practice Japanese if I look decent. Also, if someone calls and invites me out, I'm more likely to say yes if I'm already dressed, than I am if I look and feel scruffy. Finally, I am more likely to concentrate on studying or other activities if I'm clean, dressed and the flat is tidy.
              -Pretending I have someone visiting in 10 minutes whenever I tidy. I move sooo slowly. Like, always. So cleaning and tidying can take me much longer than it needs to. JP can clean the whole flat (albeit not to my standards), in 30 minutes or less. He only cleans on a Saturday, which is the night his friends come over, and always leaves it to the last minute. So I took his lead. If we're both doing a big clean together, we play a montage playlist on youtube and pretend we're cleaning to a montage.
              -Wearing orange tinted sunglasses before bed when sleeping during the day..
              -The thigh exercise I found on youtube (I posted about it in the working it out thread) has been a godsend. It's the closest thing to an exercise that improves the appearance of my thighs.
              -Using a timer when I study. This ensures I don't study for too long so start forgetting what I've learnt, but also stops me from checking PF, FB, texts or anything else that can distract me.

There are loads more, but these are the ones that I've stuck to the longest.
              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

What is your fave junk food?
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Does sushi count? If not, then it's either shawarma or pizza. It's hard to decide..
                  "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Balti mix!! By far my biggest weakness. I don't really eat normal junk food very often, like pizzas and pastries.. largely because I'm vegetarian but also because it just wasn't something we ate growing up. But balti mix... I just can't resist that stuff. It's like bombay mix but a lot spicier. So dried, fried pasta, dried chicpeas, lentils, peanuts and spices. Very high in calories, any nutrition most likely fried out of it.. comes out the same colour iit goes in.. which is a rich deepp orange. I know I shouldn't.. but maan it tastes so good.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                      Does sushi count? If not, then it's either shawarma or pizza. It's hard to decide..
                      Pizza as junk food?!?!

BLASPHEMY!!!

Regarding the question itself, ice cream cake or apple pie atm, that answer may change tomorrow.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                        Pizza as junk food?!?!

BLASPHEMY!!!

Regarding the question itself, ice cream cake or apple pie atm, that answer may change tomorrow.
                        Oi! Don't get me wrong here, PF pizza is an exception! :P
                        "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Anything with french fries and without cheese. And preferrably without meat.
                          I'd say pizza too but apparently it's blasphemy. (And local pizzas are actually pretty healthy with high fiber crusts and everything...)

And Jembru, I envy your big list of life hacks! (Life hacks are my new favourite thing.)
                          Last edited by Näre; 01 Jul 2015, 22:31. Reason: too much smileys!
                          baah.

Comment

What is your favorite texture?
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Brushed metal.
                              Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Ice cream or pizza. I don't have ice cream a lot anymore though.

- - - Updated - - -

Old cotton t-shirts.
                                Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                                X