Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    When was the first time you considered yourself an adult?

Never! I'll be like my 60 year old uncle and act like a 17 year old forever. :P

Comment

What are you completely dysfunctional at?
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Meaningful relationships
        I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
        Clan of my Clan
        Kin of my Kin
        Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
        And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Dating. I haven't had a boyfriend since I was 19.
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

The social games most people play.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Competing. And *staying* organized.

Sent from my mobile device using Forum Runner
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

cleaning and keeping clean. I spend hours tidying up, and five minutes later everything is a mess again.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Playing any musical instrument, other than a jaw harp. Jaw harp I can do.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Cooking,period. If it wasn't for the microwave I would have starved to death years ago.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

What do you censor yourself about?
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

This is a hard question. It could have been at the age of six, when I had to babysit my one year old brother, because mom was required to give "Daddy" a special massage. Or at the age of twelve, when I realized that if he touched either myself or my mother again, I was going to kill him in cold blood with the cast iron pan in the kitchen. Or the age of fourteen, when I had to protect mom from being attacked for the last time. Or also the age of fourteen when I learned that sometimes, boys lie about love to get action, and that not everything in this world is like Disney. Or sixteen, when I helped my first, first-aid casualty. Or seventeen when I first started paying bills. Or twenty when I moved out and found out the world is a cruel place.

Or today, when I learned that sometimes, love isn't enough.

Learning a musical instrument. But damn it, I'm going to learn guitar. Also, putting my laundry in the basket instead of on the floor beside the bed.

My thoughts and opinions, usually. I'm more vocal on here thanks to the anonymity of the internet, but in person, I rarely share my emotions or thoughts or opinions with anyone.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          Learning a musical instrument. But damn it, I'm going to learn guitar.
                          Try the jaw harp. Worked for me, even when I failed guitar.

- - - Updated - - -

My giggles, onaccounta girlz actually talk to me here.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I never really felt grown up. I first realised I wasn't young any more only a few months ago. It was a miscommunication between a Japanese friend and I. I had said 'I want to go back (to Japan) while I'm still young', and she assumed I'd fudged my Japanese and meant 'I want to go back to when I was young', because my intended meaning must have been so inconceivable to her. A matter of weeks later, I was talking to some students and trying to explain what the language school I worked at in Japan was. It was MASSIVE in its day, yet they'd never heard of it. I'd said, 'how can you not know NOVA?' and another Japanese friend said, 'well when you were in Japan, they'd have still been in elementary school'. The Japanese are very aware of age, because it's important linguistically, so I can't hide from them. ^^

Adult life for sure! I am also not very good socially and don't have a very large friendship circle. I'm pretty awkward around people, and not so good at maintaining contact in the way other people do. I rarely text, or email friends for example, and I'm not very active on social media. My work schedule also makes face-to-face meetings hard, so that I'm not as close to my friends as I could be.

The way JP and I talk together. We have a kind of sketch show thing going on where we step in and out of different personas. We do 'lady and gent' where we act like we're upper middle-class Tory supporters and make socially unacceptable sweeping generalisations, then there is 'otaku and weaboo' where we pepper our English with deliberately bad Japanese, and everything is 'kawaii' or 'sugee'. We act like 6 year olds, toddling around the flat and laughing at things that just aren't funny. Oh and there is our 'shonen anime' mode, usually saved for when we're playing competitive games. We think out loud in Japanese while we're making our moves and over dramatise everything for the sake of our viewers. JP also has his 'old man' character where he chews on a pipe to think (but never smokes it), oh and JP does various impressions, ranging from kermit the Frog, to Wayne Rooney. He does a great David Mitchell too. Oh and we both talk for the cat, so that Dolly ends up joining in with our conversations quite often.

It's best we keep these things between ourselves. Although we have been told we have great chemistry when we're out in public, because we still break into mini 'sketches' sometimes.
                            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Following the norms of an almost 29 year old married person. I don't have kids yes (drives my parents crazy) don't own a house yet (my best friend has now bought and sold one and now has a new one) feel the need to live in close proximity of my family (of yes all my friends are close to home and those that aren't hate it).

Stupid people, and yes there are stupid people out there. They make you want to shake your head and ask them what they were thinking. I walk away or keep my mouth shut but one of these days I might not be able to any more.
                              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

How alienated I tend to feel.

- - - Updated - - -

Math. Always math.

Comment

Working...
                                X