Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    What is your fave junk food?
    Bugles.

What is your favorite texture?
    Pizza.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

What is your favorite texture?
      A duckling..
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

What is your fave junk food?
        Potato chips!!! Good lord do I love potato chips, also french fries and sour candy... yeah I like potatoes. Hey my maiden name is McCall and my Dads family is from southern Illinois. We ate lots of potatoes growing up but chips are the best.
        "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Have you ever been lost? If so, where were you and what were you doing? Did you panic or stay calm? How did you get yourself to safety, or did someone come to your rescue?
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Have you ever been lost? If so, where were you and what were you doing? Did you panic or stay calm? How did you get yourself to safety, or did someone come to your rescue?
            Too many times to count. I'm 'tone deaf for directions' to give an awkwardly literal translation of the Japanese expression for this. The first time that really stands out in my memory was the time I went to Liverpool for the Beatles convention (1998 I think). I'd wanted to go back to the hotel early and overshot it. I tried to double back on myself and got even more lost. It was before everyone had a mobile phone, and I was too shy to ask for directions. I was quite upset. Eventually I had to be brave and ask for directions. Luckily for me we were staying in the Adelphi Hotel, which is probably the most famous hotel in Liverpool, so finding someone who knew the way wasn't difficult. When I moved to Liverpool for uni a few years later, I wouldn't go into the city on my own for the first 2 or 3 weeks, because I was so scared I'd get lost again.

I'm so bad that I can even get lost in Newcasle. JP wonders at how often I try to turn up the wrong street, or call him if I'm meeting him somewhere in the city because I've lost my way.

When I lived in Japan, I rarely went far from the station if I was exploring on my own, because I knew I'd get lost. Even so, I often managed to, especially around Shibuya station.. it just makes no sense. I knew how to get home from Shinjuku station (but not how to get from the underground(s) to the JR station.. which caused problems a few times). You wouldn't believe the times I'd just hopped from train to train for an hour trying to get back to a station that looked familiar, only to later find out I'd started just 3 or 4 stations away, had I only used the right platform to begin with.

Germany too. Although I found that the Germans are great at spotting a terrified looking foreigner and were quite willing to help me out. Still, I rarely used public transport. I didn't have a printer so I used to handwrite maps from google directions and try to walk everywhere, lest I got off at the wrong stop and didn't know where I was (I learnt pretty quickly that unlike buses in England, you can't always simply cross the street and catch the same number bus heading in the opposite direction). When I did get lost though, I found that following the bus stops often helped.

I've walked for so many unnecessary miles.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Yes. When I was little I loved stairways for some reason. We were at the YMCA and I was venturing at one of the stairways of the YMCA and found the door locked on the level that I needed to get off on. I did panic and walked all the way down. The door on the ground was unlocked and I went out and didn't know where I was, but walked around the building and found the entrance again. I was an idiot.
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Have you ever done something wrong and totally got away with it? Never to pay the price later in bad karma, joojoo or instant justice? Just got away scott free!?

Comment

Sissies.

Ok. New question:

When was the first time you considered yourself an adult?

Comment

Have you ever done something wrong and totally got away with it? Never to pay the price later in bad karma, joojoo or instant justice? Just got away scott free!?
                    Honestly I feel like I get caught or Karma gets me every flippin time. I used to have a lead foot and I got away with it a lot until I got a huge ticket. Yeah I get caught or karma gets me.

- - - Updated - - -

Sissies.

Ok. New question:

With this one in my all knowing younger years I felt like an adult when I could buy my first pack of cigarettes(I haven't smoked in years) and then when I signed the lease on my first apartment. But to be honest my "adulthood" finely set in when I hit bottom. When I did not have money for the light bill, when it was sandwiches and chips for dinner for a whole week. That's when I realized I was an actual adult. When it was no longer fun.
                    "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Sissies.

Ok. New question:

Yesterday. :P
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Yes. I stole makeup from a store. I still feel bad about it today. I was in my teens and my sister and best friend taught me how. I only did it once, but once is enough to make you feel bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Sissies.

Ok. New question:

When I could drink. I had such fun!
                        Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Sissies.

Ok. New question:

Around age 19 or 20. This lil kid was saying "Mister! Hey, Mister!" I kept looking around, trying to figure out who he was talking to. He finally tugged on my pants leg... I was thinking "Oh my Gawd, this kid thinks I'm a grown-up, how funny!"... then it hit me...
                          I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and Country

Tribe of my Tribe
                          Clan of my Clan
                          Kin of my Kin
                          Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
                          And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

When I got my issue of AARP, and it had an interview with Bob Dylan - the first interview he's given in something like 25 years.
                            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Hahahahaha...Still the crazy kid I have always been...Adult.....pish posh,My name is PAN........
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Sissies.

Ok. New question:

When I started college.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X