Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    When I was in my godmother's home, I had all my walls filled with those Ikea bookshelves. I miss them so much, but I have no room in my little upstairs living area. So I actually post on a site that lets you put your personal digital books on bookshelves. I know it's silly, but it helps me continue my hobby of reading.

I need a house empty. I don't like clutter. I like solids. My bathroom is black and white. My bedroom is all dark royal blue with greys and black. But I do love woods. Dark woods.
    On one hand, I think wood is beautiful. On the other, I've spent too much time around unfinished wood and I dislike splinters. I want floors that I can walk barefoot on without worry.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

What kind of furnishings do you like in your home?
      Stuff for the cats to sit on when they look out the window.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

We inherited a chaise lounge style sofa. I love it so much that I kinda resent anyone else using it. Mostly this is the dog though.

Comment

If it is only the dog,you may be able to negotiate...How ever if it is a cat,you need to forget the idea that YOU own said furniture...
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

oh hi. I guess I should updatee this.

When is hot just too effing hot for you?
            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Once it hits 80 Fahrenheit. I do not like summer weather.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Originally posted by MaskedOne View Post
                Once it hits 80 Fahrenheit. I do not like summer weather.
                Ahh 80. I wish for that. Sounds wonderful.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                  If it is only the dog,you may be able to negotiate...How ever if it is a cat,you need to forget the idea that YOU own said furniture...
                  This dog has something of a cat like attitude. He'd rather seek forgiveness by pretending to be sorry than ask permission type.

Re: temperature I definitely prefer cold to heat, but I can work with it up to about 90 F, which I think is about 30 C. I know I've considered 30 C pretty hot.

Edited to point out that I did not take time to check conversion tables, so be kind if you know better:shy:

Comment

Originally posted by Prickly Pear View Post
                    This dog has something of a cat like attitude. He'd rather seek forgiveness by pretending to be sorry than ask permission type.

Re: temperature I definitely prefer cold to heat, but I can work with it up to about 90 F, which I think is about 30 C. I know I've considered 30 C pretty hot.

Edited to point out that I did not take time to check conversion tables, so be kind if you know better:shy:
                    If I remember correctly 30 C = 86 F so I believe you're pretty close.

Comment

Depends on the kind of "hot."
                      Dry heat is fine until the high 90's for me. Humidity and muggy heat is icky in the high 70's.

That being said, if my environment is colder than 74 F I'm generally sporting goose-pimples and looking for a blanket.

Comment

I'm sure there is it too hot I mean I've worked in the shipyards where it's been 120- 130 sweating my butt off with no ventilation wearing pants and long sleeves because, uniform... but it really depends what I'm doing. If I'm at the beach and there's a breeze and I can get in the water from time to time I'm perfectly content over hundred degrees. But if I have to run around and chase children or be working or working out, I really get unhappy when its more than a few degrees over 90.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

Texas summers are to effing hot for me. When we hit 120 I tap out. Because not only is it hot but its humid too.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

It depends on the humidity. 80 with humidity is too disgusting for me, but it's lovely without.
                            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Pretty much anything above 25C. I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate hot weather.

Mostly art.

Comment

When it's Vindaloo. Can't eat that.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh..
                                40 degrees Celsius is just bloody awful. It's rare to get that hot here in Bundy thank goodness. But yea been there, done that - not going back.

Comment

Working...
                                X