Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Medusa's QDJ (the year of THE WOLVERINE!)

What was the last argument you were in? Who were you arguing with and what was it about? Who won?
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      What was the last argument you were in? Who were you arguing with and what was it about? Who won?
      My mother. There was no winner, because I refused to continue lest I say something in anger I regretted, and she was unable to see that she did anything wrong. The topic...oh the topic started with her refusal to do what I asked while she was babysitting the kiddos, and ended up ranging all over the place...
      ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

With our assistant manager Josh. I argued with him he doesn't listen to anything I say unless I throw the word 'boobies' in it. Then he didn't say anything. Then I said boobies and he said what. So I think I won.

Comment

With my boss about impartisanship. I told him politics were stupid and that I thought it was dumb that I couldn't give the lost candidate who called directions to our office because of how that might 'look' to others. His response was to buy me beer at work the next day by way of apology.

Mostly art.

Comment

Not an argument, but a debate over breastfeeding in uniform in public with the hubby.

Guess who was more okay with it...

no one won, we agree to disagree and understand and respevt one another's position.

as to an actual argument...random dude @ work didn't want to be monitored. I won...I called his boss and he got monitored. Plus his boss took me to lunch.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

My mom and I. There was no winner--we were both being idiots. It was about money.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

KP and I. He has steadily come to hate his job over the last few years, and we have moved across the country twice for something he would hopefully enjoy more. Hes always grumpy about work and hes overall not a happy camper. The last month has been really rough on him but KP has only ever worked in a kitchen and to be completely honest hes a bit of a snob. So hes to good to work anywhere but a kitchen but he wants absolutely nothing else to do with a kitchen.
                "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

My mom. She had decided I was staying at their place tonight because we're going to get my wedding dress tomorrow. I had planned on going by train and just meeting them there. She got pissed about that because I'm just a stupid brat and we can't take the train home with the dress. I won, I'm meeting them there, and they will come by car as has always been the plan. She gets mad over stupid things.
                  You remind me of the babe
                  What babe?
                  The babe with the power
                  What power?
                  The Power of voodoo
                  Who do?
                  You do!
                  Do what?
                  Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

What kind of furnishings do you like in your home?
                    My laptop, lots of books, a comfy bed, comfy pillows, good kitchen tools, and a nice relaxation chair.

- - - Updated - - -

oh hi. I guess I should updatee this.

When is hot just too effing hot for you?
                    When it is over 77 degrees. I'm extremely hot-blooded.

- - - Updated - - -

oh hi. I guess I should updatee this.

When is hot just too effing hot for you?
                    When it is over 77 degrees. I'm extremely hot-blooded.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been a long time since I have had an argument with anyone. I think the last argument I had was over driving because of the fact I have epilepsy and I have to go 6 months w/o a seizure to drive again. I didn't win of course.
                    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I had to ask JP because I honestly can't remember. He reminded me that about 3 months ago, we were at my dad's place and my dad's very right wing labour supporting friend was there. My dad's wife is also labour (my sister-in-law is an MP), but she and her family are very much 'Blairites'. She'll boast often about how her kids 'worked hard to get where they are', as they both have very well-paid and respectable jobs. But she and her former husband were wealthy, and bought their kid's success, through second degrees and supporting them through low-paid apprenticeships and so on.

My dad's friend went on the attack and started telling her what he thought of her upper-middle class snobbery, and although JP and I didn't really join in (in fact, JP eventually calmed my dad's friend down), I did snap and say to my dad's wife. 'Do you honestly think the only reason I didn't make it in life is that I didn't try hard enough? I'm sorry you feel that my lack of a second degree is because I was too lazy to have rich parents. Yeah, I should have tried much harder....'

We all calmed down and apologised within minutes though.

My sister sometimes argues with me, but I usually don't find about about the argument until it's over.
                      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

This morning, which is a horrible time for an argument, BF and I argued because he said I didn't do enough to help with housework. And he was right. When I'm not working, I get extremely lazy. Call it a character flaw. No one won. I admitted that I spit back because my ego had been bruised and he apologized for blaming me for all his stress. I swept and mopped the floors today. All is well.
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

What are you embarrassed about that you don't know how to use?

Comment

A standard transmission. Also, those fancy socket sets.

(but before I come across as totally mechanically inept, I'll have you know I can change my own oil, headlights, tires, and windshield wipers)

Mostly art.

Comment

I've always struggled with reading face clocks since I was a kid. It takes an embarrassing 2 or 3 minutes to read the darn things when somebody asks me for the time, and yet, I like how they look so I always seem to be wearing them!

Comment

A lot of things. I don't even know how to change a tire. Most recently, I've had a great deal of trouble learning to use a bottle labeling machine at work. Having to work the strips of labels around all the gears and things confuses me to no end.
                                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Working...
                                X