Music these days............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Music these days............

Music is magic when you are a teen,it becomes interesting in your 20's,it is a bit dated in your 30's,in your 40's it is nostalgic ,at the 50 year mark,it sounds like elevator kind of background sound,and past 60,it is just loud and interfering with your Bingo concentration..At 70,you can't hear it anyway....
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
      Music is an art form, and everyone's a critic & has an opinion and a preference. My all-time favorite is Rimsky-Korsakov's "Scheherazade". The newest vocal group I like is "First Aid Kit". And there's a whole lot in between!
      There's the intersection between inner and outer reference, social environment, the problem with the variable of acceptable complexity, and a whole bunch of other stuff that makes art appreciation almost entirely subjective. "Quality" can be determined (i.e.: is the artist technically proficient?), but quality is only a small part of aesthetics.

In short - to each their own.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Speak up sonny,I can't hear you(or read all that well cause my eyes ain't what they used to be bye cracky)
        Peers closely...your that Corbin kid,right....hmmm,young hooligan if you ask me....

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
          Speak up sonny,I can't hear you(or read all that well cause my eyes ain't what they used to be bye cracky)
          Peers closely...your that Corbin kid,right....hmmm,young hooligan if you ask me....
          Take a hike, old fart, or I'll get my walker out, shuffle off to your place, and put a flaming bag of dog poop on your porch.

Or tip your outhouse, or play some other equally old-timely prank.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Me loves me some B. De. action in the name of humor...If not for the B. De,I might not have a foil for my little jokes...Thank ya kindly B. De.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

When I was 16 I was the odd one in the corner as well, and music meant a great deal to me. I was into stuff that had been around since before I was born, like The Stones, and Dylan, but I was also into Ozzy and KISS. Though there were exceptions, I hated most mainstream music of my own time. It just wasn't the same as the good stuff. I come from a musical family. My dad was a professional musician and then so was I. I would get very emotionally fixated with the poor quality of modern popular music. Then something kind of cool happened. I saw Stevie Ray Vaughan on the Arsenio Hall Show. Arsenio Hall, like myself, was a musical purist of sorts and was always complaining about modern popular music with no substance, and he asked Stevie Ray what kind of music he listened to and Stevie said something I'll never forget. He said: "I like all kinds of music, there's room for everything." It changed my perspective, because here was this living legend who had just come on the scene and had sort of been one of those cases where he adds new life to the stale music scene with something new that was something old, saying, "There is room for everything."

Music went from being, to me, an art form which can stand the test of time, to the current popular trend for young people who don't necessarily get the good stuff. Music can be topical, classical, or nonsensical and just something to dance to, or something for kids as an introduction to other stuff.

It's interesting that years later - I'm nearly in my 50's now - when I decided to make a sort of historical unbiased look at music, with my website, Pathway Machine | Albums and Pathway Machine | Concerts a lot of those banal and insipid pop tunes I hated back then had stood the test of time in my own stream of time, and I quite liked them. They took me back like the music I loved still takes me back and they weren't so awful as I had thought.

The thing that made me so angry was that the "awful stuff" was so popular and I thought they should listen to what I listen to. People are like that with things they love. Whether it be religion, politics, tradition, culture, fashion, sports, music, art . . . just about everything.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                Music is magic when you are a teen,it becomes interesting in your 20's,it is a bit dated in your 30's,in your 40's it is nostalgic ,at the 50 year mark,it sounds like elevator kind of background sound,and past 60,it is just loud and interfering with your Bingo concentration..At 70,you can't hear it anyway....
                Tell that to Ozzy Osbourne. :shakefist:

Comment

Originally posted by Pathway Machine View Post
                  Tell that to Ozzy Osbourne. :shakefist:
                  He's got a point.
                  I swear if there was a nuclear war, in the aftermath Ozzy would just be sitting there with The Stones, drinking beer and counting the cockroaches.
                  Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
                    He's got a point.
                    I swear if there was a nuclear war, in the aftermath Ozzy would just be sitting there with The Stones, drinking beer and counting the cockroaches.
                    And Cher. Don't forget Cher.

Comment

And Engelbert would be friends with Tom Jones again.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        And Engelbert would be friends with Tom Jones again.
                        Please let that happen.

Comment

And Weird AL would have the one ring to rule them all.......

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                          X