THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

When people cancel plans at the last minute, it drives me crazy. Here I am all ready to go with nowhere TO go...

Comment

It's been getting on my nerves more and more recently whenever white-cissexual-male comes up.

Yes, history has been dominated by white-cissexual-men (WCM). Yes, they've persecuted lots of groups. I understand that. Be angry about that; that's entirely your right. But getting pissy with every WCM because you're more persecuted than them is bullshit. It is not every WCM's fault that you are persecuted or that people from a certain group were persecuted.

Yes, there are racist, sexist, what-have-you dicks in WCMs. And they are dicks. But, there are people like them in every group. We can not judge a group based upon how a few people act. That's how stereotypes form. Not all WCMs are out to get you. In fact, most of them are not. It's just that when crazy people get microphones everyone pays attention.

You think persecution is bad? Okay. Don't persecute other people over the fact that they are less persecuted than you.

And, yes, I am going to use the fucking word "persecuted". Because it is persistent harassment. And, yes, it is harassment when you are repeatedly ostracized or criticized for something outside of your control.

But what do I know? I'm only a white-cissexual-male.
      "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

My car pooped out on me...again. I was driving to work. I was trying to make a u-turn into my parking lot at work. I heard something sound like it was falling out of my car. Like tinkle tinkle...then it DIED. Right there in the meridian of a busy street! Then two men helped me push the car to the parking lot. Super nice. One was all dressed up. The other was a high school football player. I sat in the car and let them push me into a parking space. Then the tow truck driver came and told me it won't be for another hour before the tow dude gets there. I said can you tow it while I go back to my work? He did (since I've towed with him before). Then he only charged me $45! Which is super cheap. While walking back to work, I noticed something in the street where my car died. It was my timing belt. Which I had a feeling would eventually be needing to be fixed. Sigh. At least I KNOW what it is. Not too big a deal..hopefully. Then I worked and my boss took me home.

A day.

Good effin night.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If I ever win the lotto, can I buy Madusa a new car?
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

STOP QUESTION EVERYTHING I SAY -.- "What do you mean by that?" "What's that supposed to mean" "Is that because?" STOP I mean it as I bloody said it, not as a verbal attack GEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZZZ D;
            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Splined ceilings. I hate them.
              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
              Sneak Attack
              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Jet lag...why wont you go away? It's been 3 days!

I think it's because I went to my hometown first, and I've had downtime. In Victoria or Vancouver I'm always gogogogogogogo the whole time there, and it's when I sit still that I get super sleepy.

I'm hoping to get through today without a nap though. That would be great.

Comment

I just slipped on my guitar and tore a nasty looking gash into the bottom of my foot...

It wasn't bleeding too much so I just put a few bandaids on it and wrapped it in gauze. Doesn't hurt though, at all really.

- - - Updated - - -

I lied, it hurts. Like crap too, I guess it just took a while to kick in as it were.
                  Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

I give numbers to my subject of repeated rants. This would be them.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      I give numbers to my subject of repeated rants. This would be them.
                      I don't know why but I immediately thought of that old gripe, "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired!"

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Everything I see online these days pisses me off. My coworkers piss me off. My husband pisses me off. The dog pisses me off.

I'm starting to worry about my blood pressure. The last time all kinds of little petty things pissed me off, I almost had a stroke.

No bueno, no bueno.
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

But Perze?! I got my big thumping stick back, again! Plus, when have I ever pissed you off!?!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Well, I got drunk for the first time today. Didn't make me feel any better, (Kind of derpressed right now, now I'm depressed and feel stupid and can't walk right and am sweaty.)

I hate summer. And the middle of the moth, and not having any freinds.
                            Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                              Well, I got drunk for the first time today. Didn't make me feel any better, (Kind of derpressed right now, now I'm depressed and feel stupid and can't walk right and am sweaty.)

I hate summer. And the middle of the moth, and not having any freinds.
                              Authentic booze experience. Get a guitar and write a song and youre officially in the drinkers club

Comment

#1 I am so side eyeing you. No more money for you! Stop it!

Comment

Working...
                                X