Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
    I'm stressed. I'm taking sleeping pills every night to sleep. Then I sleep. I'm anxious about going to to the 2 day funeral services on Thur and Fri. I'm stressed. Did I mention that I'm stressed? Because I am.
    You can do it, you can do it!

Remember, I'm the one who can't handle stress, but you can. Because you are awesome like that. You spit in the face of stress, you are strong!

(Hope Thursday and Friday pass quickly for you)
    [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by JamesByrne View Post
      *snip all that other stuff*
      Ive ANOTHER feckin exam today ontop of everything else. FFS bring back the days of jobs for life when the company invested in you and I didnt have to train constantly.
      As in you're going to school to be employed by a company or you're training for your job?
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

In the old days of job security itd have been the company sending you on a course. Now no matter what your job title is youre basically a self employed contractor because to stay current/keep up or get promoted youve to market your worth to the company by continually putting yourself through courses on your own time and out of your own pocket. Most people over me have more letters after their name then in their name and theyd only be on around 35k.

Comment

And the straight answer would be?
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

the straight answer would be my rant was about the above. If you want personal details about my life pm me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
              You can do it, you can do it!

Remember, I'm the one who can't handle stress, but you can. Because you are awesome like that. You spit in the face of stress, you are strong!

(Hope Thursday and Friday pass quickly for you)
              Thanks. I'll make it.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Ugh super stressed. I have to sort out my tax and health care situation now that I'm not a student anymore. I don't want to register at the unemployment office though (even though I wouldn't have to pay health insurance) because it's like digging yourself into a black hole that is pretty hard to get out of, and I don't want to take the state's money when I can get by without it. It would be cheaper for everyone if everyone who could get by without unemployment money wouldn't claim it! Also I'm not even positive I'm -allowed- to do so...I own property and I'm not sure you're allowed to claim it when you do. If you can, the benefits you can get if you own property are minimal and not even worth it because I'm positive you're not allowed to claim a living allowance.

Comment

Originally posted by Dez View Post
                  Wow...I'm speechless.

Congrats in the first day, though, Thal...how are you holding up?
                  I'm fine...Chickadee had a rough day of it though--her brother woke her up at 0330, so she didn't do too well...
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

I'm kinda mad I slept in and woke up too late to go for my normal rounds in the woods before work >. I never sleep in this late. Just terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      Ugh super stressed. I have to sort out my tax and health care situation now that I'm not a student anymore. I don't want to register at the unemployment office though (even though I wouldn't have to pay health insurance) because it's like digging yourself into a black hole that is pretty hard to get out of, and I don't want to take the state's money when I can get by without it. It would be cheaper for everyone if everyone who could get by without unemployment money wouldn't claim it! Also I'm not even positive I'm -allowed- to do so...I own property and I'm not sure you're allowed to claim it when you do. If you can, the benefits you can get if you own property are minimal and not even worth it because I'm positive you're not allowed to claim a living allowance.
                      Danie I know its crap but dont wait until youre in dire need to check it out or you could end up screwed. You pay indirect taxes on everything you buy from bread and transport to a door charge and beer so you deserve it. Its your money anyway, youre entitled to claim all your taxes back once you go home since youre not a citizen and you could look at this is just another way of doing it.

Youre not a scrounger and no one will thank you for leaving yourself short if it takes months to process your application.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesByrne View Post
                        Danie I know its crap but dont wait until youre in dire need to check it out or you could end up screwed. You pay indirect taxes on everything you buy from bread and transport to a door charge and beer so you deserve it. Its your money anyway, youre entitled to claim all your taxes back once you go home since youre not a citizen and you could look at this is just another way of doing it.

Youre not a scrounger and no one will thank you for leaving yourself short if it takes months to process your application.
                        I really don't want to. I'll never be in dire need...I might be broke, but I'm probably the richest broke person ever. Anyway I highly doubt I can, as I'm the richest broke person ever. With my combined assets, I'm considered fairly well off in this country. I don't have an income, but I'm far from destitude, on paper. I also have high-income parents. I'm 28, so that means that what they make doesn't matter where the state is concerned, but they're helping me out and they can give me better assistance than the state can.

Also, I'm VERY reluctant to claim unemployment, because it would mean I'd have to register at the job center, and take whatever job they find for me. I had a discussion with my family about this, and since it's VERY VERY hard to change career paths in Germany, it's important that I go in the right direction at this point. There are a lot of jobs in stuff like SEO and SEM, and my degree would get me a job like that, but I'd rather knaw off my own arm than work in SEO again (my student job was in SEO). Career wise, it's better for me to stick it out and maybe take a part-time job that doesn't matter. But you can't do that when you're on unemployment.

Comment

A phrase I never, ever want to hear from folks again: we need to hang out. Because I'm finding people really don't want to hang out. Hell, even when I offer to throw in what little money I have for gas they say no. I'm sorry I don't have a car and live out in the middle of nowhere. I suppose I could hitchhike to see THEM since it seems they only want to hang out when I commute. There's nothing I hate more than empty gestures from friends.
                          Last edited by Caelia; 06 Sep 2012, 13:39.
                          my etsy store
                          My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                          surrounded by plush, downy things,
                          ill prepared, but willing,
                          to descend."

Comment

I'm having a bad day. I woke up (after finally falling to sleep at 5am WITH a sleeping pill taken) to screaming silently for my mother. I had a nightmare where I was being chased and I was screaming her name. Woke sitting straight up. A dull toothache to boot. I know it needs to be pulled. But I have to wait until I can get a penny to my name. I'm indecisive as to either take a Vicodin or a Xanax. Or one of each and call it a year. I'm stretched thin. Stressed. Can't hold back the tears. Can't figure out what's getting me so upset. The fact I have no money. The fact I have a tooth needing to be pulled but have to wait. The fact I haven't slept well in weeks. The fact I'm about to try to pull my shit together to go to a 2 hour funeral.

I want to just crawl into bed with two sleeping pills, a vicodin and a xanax and drift off to wherever it is I go so everything will stop.

No. I'm not going to do any of that. I'm going to try to put a face on and go to my brother's funeral now.

Comment

I can't wait for spring :/ At least the weather is supposed to be summery next week still! Hopefully this coldness is just temporary and we get an indian summer like we usually do over here!

Comment

I came back from the funeral services. Well more like I skipped out the back door. I made it through the chapel services (listening to the pastor and my brother's father talk about how the only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ. Thanks to all of us in the chapel who are non Christians. That felt soo welcoming to know how happy you seemed to make sure everyone knew this). But then we were to get up and line up at the coffin. Then get in our cars and drive to the cemetery plot. I bailed out the back door (making sure I sat in the last pew) and went home.

I couldn't sit through another prayer of standing and sitting and standing and sitting.

Comment

Working...
                                X