• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

I will be trying think up great thought invoking topics!!! Lol

Comment

Starting to get seriously p*ssed off with the other night staff worker. Not only do you sleep on shift and have been found sleeping by residents as well as staff, but you also refuse to clean the oven so leave it to me, you leave the skirting boards to me, if the cupboards need cleaning, who does it? Oh that's right, I do. Because you have bad knees and can't bend down. Why then, must I also do all the photocopying when YOU used to last blank forms? Why is it always me who files away the completed forms (I deliberately left last month to see what you'd do, I just filed them away tonight after they sat there for 3 weeks), but then you use the MASTER COPY of forms, with a highlighter line through and in a pocket labled DO NOT USE. When you do this, who has to make new forms? Oh yeah, I do. Because you just scribble on a bit of paper and leave it to someone else. I stick up for you when the day staff call you names, I do the obs you ignore, so you don't get into trouble, but you do absolutely sweet FA. You're too busy picking up illegal dayshifts and then getting paid to sleep on the sofa...
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I know this is off topic, Jembru, but I just noticed your signature. I watched that episode of IT Crowd just this morning. Weird coincidence. XD
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

So I work at a large store that sits in its own parking lot. We are right up to the freeway and the off ramp. So we get alot of transient homeless people AND crack heads always hanging about our place. I make it a rule to always throw out the trash with a guy *since they like to hang out in the trash area (it's got a metal fence door). But then people were really going through our trash. So we moved the trash bins to inside. We have our store and then on three sides three different warehouses attatched. Last night we had the warehouse door open to the outside. And some dude walked in and took a generator outside. Then came back in for another one. The assistant walked in hearing something and grabbed a large broom. As he turned the corner he was confronted by the guy! I saw the video tape. It was scary!

Needless to say I close 4 nights a week till 11pm there. And I'm now taking a machete with me to the warehouse when I throw the trash out!

Tonight I made the manager go with me into the warehouse.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Holy crap, Medusa! Glad to hear there's some safety plan.
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
              Holy crap, Medusa! Glad to hear there's some safety plan.
              We sell mace. I'm gonna ask my boss if I can carry it on me at work.

Or...really carry a machete with me! We sell them too! And axes and hammers!
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                We sell mace. I'm gonna ask my boss if I can carry it on me at work.

Or...really carry a machete with me! We sell them too! And axes and hammers!
                Mace is a great option, especially if it has that stuff only visible in a blacklight. I've been told it's easier to catch people with that formula, though I'm not sure how true that statement is.

I could totally see you carrying an axe...with fake blood on it.
                my etsy store
                My blog

to descend."

Comment

^Experience has proven to me that *real* blood works better.

Rant:

I spent half the day, yesterday, trying to locate some archive, or otherwise saved page, containing at least one of the past versions of our PF Debate Rules and Tips. Either I'm blind or there just isn't a one of them, anywhere. We've had four different ones, over the years. I know I wrote one up. I know Medusa wrote one. I think Corbin did, too. And I'm sure Rok did one. Several incarnations, over nearly nine years, and not a one is around anymore!

That sucks!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                    True, but I didn't want Medusa to get in trouble :P

Rant:

I spent half the day, yesterday, trying to locate some archive, or otherwise saved page, containing at least one of the past versions of our PF Debate Rules and Tips. Either I'm blind or there just isn't a one of them, anywhere. We've had four different ones, over the years. I know I wrote one up. I know Medusa wrote one. I think Corbin did, too. And I'm sure Rok did one. Several incarnations, over nearly nine years, and not a one is around anymore!

That sucks!
                    That does suck We definitely need something like that.

Then again, maybe it would be easier if I had a disclaimer explaining I debate aggressively and it's nothing against the person. I'm not even attacking them or their beliefs, just their arguments and premises. Or maybe I just need to ban myself from further debates on the forum :\
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

Rant:

That sucks!
                      None of those incarnations survived the crash, I'm afraid. I did manage to rescue and sticky Corbin's etiquette thread, which is in the site information section. But the actual debate tips thread? That's been long gone.
                      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                      Sneak Attack
                      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                        Or...really carry a machete with me!
                        Weed whackers seem to do the trick, too
                        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by Eisheth View Post
                          None of those incarnations survived the crash, I'm afraid. I did manage to rescue and sticky Corbin's etiquette thread, which is in the site information section. But the actual debate tips thread? That's been long gone.

This is why I was searching web archives and using things like wayback. In the end, I found the search to be far more time-consuming than I had anticipated. All for naught.

I don't know if I'm more irked by how much time I spent on it or the fact that I came up empty-handed. I just felt the urge to rant about it, in any case, and could probably start a whole thread with that rant, alone. Still.

*tries, again, to sweep the 'elephant in the room' under the rug*

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

got my first EI cheque off my new claim today. ...aaaaand it's not enough to pay bills. Before, it was.

Now I'm on hold with EI. Gah!

ETA: crisis averted! that's just one week's pay. I was seriously panicking for a minute.
                            Last edited by volcaniclastic; 20 Nov 2012, 10:55.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                              That does suck We definitely need something like that.

Then again, maybe it would be easier if I had a disclaimer explaining I debate aggressively and it's nothing against the person. I'm not even attacking them or their beliefs, just their arguments and premises. Or maybe I just need to ban myself from further debates on the forum :\
                              Nah, it has so rarely ever caused any problems before, that I think this was just a case of a thread going ferrel. I wouldn't think either a disclaimer or a ban is necessary. Failing that, you could join me in cowards corner. We could start our section of fluffy debates where we argue which pony has the prettiest mane and what who would win a fight between Hello Kitty and Piglett...
                              夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                                Nah, it has so rarely ever caused any problems before, that I think this was just a case of a thread going ferrel. I wouldn't think either a disclaimer or a ban is necessary. Failing that, you could join me in cowards corner. We could start our section of fluffy debates where we argue which pony has the prettiest mane and what who would win a fight between Hello Kitty and Piglett...
                                I'd be there in a heart beat. I'm too passive-aggressive to argue with anyone. I'm usually too busy being like "You know what you did that I don't agree with" to actually tell somebody I disagree with them.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X