THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Looking about online for a kinect price for xbox 360... I pull up best buys website and the site comes up, but the content filter blocks the kinect related stuff in boxes within the site... its reasoning... Information... I am now being blocked from information....

- - - Updated - - -

Oh well Amazon for the win... they worked and were fairly cheap too... also wheee free shipping
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Grr! Argh! And, Gah!!

I must pay attention to what I'm doing. Listening to ZZ Top is no excuse to f*** up someone's post!

/distraction!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Eek. JP dropped a bombshell on me this morning. He loves his gran.. like seriously close to her and he wants to show her our new place. Not a problem. He asked if he could invite her and his mother (who he hates, but they come as a package), to the flat some time over Christmas. also, no problem there.. Oh but then he adds, 'we can put on a Christmas dinner.

WHAT??? What part of 'I can't cook' or even 'ryouri ga dekinai' if he prefers, does he not get? Yes I make his dinner for him most evenings but it's easy stuff that I can throw together without any real effort. I have twice tried to make a Sunday dinner, which is basically a less fancy version of a Christmas dinner and he was there, he knows what a disaster it was. Last time was for my friend and her daughter and I felt so guilty for making them eat my vile creation.

What on earth am I going to do? I can't say no. This is his family and he's never had them over. In fact, he only had friends here once. He's right, it would be lovely to have a meal together. But..

Apart from anything, if i was a meat eater, I would not want my meat to be cooked by a vegetarian.

Oh yeah, and I now have to change the date of the buffet meal I was planning with my friends. Only two can make it now anyway, so I guess that's fewer people to disrupt the plans of. If we book a table for the weekend before New Year, it would be like an early New Year's celebration and good last minute practice for making my video.

No, why am I trying to find the good in this? Sod that, this sucks and I know it.. Grrrrrrr
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I am currently eating the most disappointing french toast I've ever had... and I ate the cafeteria french toast back in high school... How do you bugger french toast? especially when someone else makes the batter for you... Oh thats right... you want to keep paying cooks a pot-washers salary and this is the only guy willing to work that cheap... awesome... does anyone want some french toast brick?
          http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
          ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Thursday
            Up at 4 am, off to work.
            Work until 3, drive to Central Michigan University.
            Three hours there, three hours back.
            Return home and try to sleep... up until 3.
            Get up for work at 4.
            Try to stay awake, and pretend I'm interested in the work I'm doing...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

This might be more of a lament than a rant, but...

I have a hair appt this morning to get a trim and a cut, but there's this tiny part of my brain that wants to do something new (since I've had the same hairstyle for most of my 20s - notwithstanding that time I cut it all off for cancer) ...but if I think about doing anything to my long locks too hard, I start to have anxiety attacks.

I love my hair so much I can't go get a TRIM without being upset. I hate being vain about anything.

Mostly art.

Comment

Made a giant mistake. Got a trim and a layer that ended up taking off over 4-5 inches of hair, now it's short, and I'm laying on my bed crying and regretting everything. I feel hideous.

Mostly art.

Comment

Awwww I'm sure it's way better than you think! Sometimes when you're used to long hair, shorter hair feels weird at first. Give it time

Comment

I didn't get approved for Project Wonderful ads because I'm on wordpress. I'm going to be pissed if I have to go back to AdSense. I was hoping to make some money off of my blog because I, like everyone else, need the money.

I also have to hear my dad bitch about the shooting in Newton. He thinks they're going to take away his guns. You know what? If you can't see a horrible thing has just occurred to CHILDREN due to a person resorting to gun violence because you think owning a gun takes precedence over innocent lives lost, then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Maybe it indicates you're the type of person that fails to see the value in human life.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                    surrounded by plush, downy things,
                    ill prepared, but willing,
                    to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                      Awwww I'm sure it's way better than you think! Sometimes when you're used to long hair, shorter hair feels weird at first. Give it time
                      That's what my hairdresser said too. I didn't mean for it to be so short, though. I went from middle of my back to just past my shoulders. And the layering makes it feel really thin and pathetic (I have super thick hair). But I asked for a trim and a layer, and she said my hair was really unhealthy, so she was going to fix that (which is a good thing) but...my scalp is tingly now from the lack of weight, and this morning, I could use my hair to modestly cover my front, now, it just springs up all over my face. It makes me feel ugly, because I feel like I'm only pretty when my hair is unbelievably long. Plus, I'm in the middle of growing it out. So healthy or not, it's gonna take me 6 months or more to grow the length back to what I had this morning.

Originally posted by Caelia View Post
                      I didn't get approved for Project Wonderful ads because I'm on wordpress. I'm going to be pissed if I have to go back to AdSense. I was hoping to make some money off of my blog because I, like everyone else, need the money.

I also have to hear my dad bitch about the shooting in Newton. He thinks they're going to take away his guns. You know what? If you can't see a horrible thing has just occurred to CHILDREN due to a person resorting to gun violence because you think owning a gun takes precedence over innocent lives lost, then maybe you shouldn't be allowed to own a gun. Maybe it indicates you're the type of person that fails to see the value in human life.
                      Also, as a gun owner myself, I can understand the fear of having them taken away. It's a terrible thing that happened, but he has a point.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post

Also, as a gun owner myself, I can understand the fear of having them taken away. It's a terrible thing that happened, but he has a point.
                        Normally I'd agree with you. I have no qualms with people owning a gun. I have qualms with him using it as an excuse to stockpile guns because he's become paranoid about it.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                        surrounded by plush, downy things,
                        ill prepared, but willing,
                        to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                          Made a giant mistake. Got a trim and a layer that ended up taking off over 4-5 inches of hair, now it's short, and I'm laying on my bed crying and regretting everything. I feel hideous.
                          Hugs to you - please don't feel hideous for long - it's not healthy. I just got mine cut up to my shoulders, but I love it!
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

If it means anything, I cut a chunk out of my hair myself the other day....I thought I could trim it myself, and I cut a chunk off the front, then realised I can't. You can't really tell, but yeah...

Comment

I always grow my hair out long, get frustrated and trim it back to a normal guy length then cry because I love my long hair. It's a vicious cycle that makes no sense XD but I always cut it myself because if I don't when it gets cut I'll scream at the hairdresser for making be ugly.
                              Circe

Comment

Originally posted by Corvus View Post
                                I always grow my hair out long, get frustrated and trim it back to a normal guy length then cry because I love my long hair. It's a vicious cycle that makes no sense XD but I always cut it myself because if I don't when it gets cut I'll scream at the hairdresser for making be ugly.
                                I kinda felt like that. She did exactly what I asked her to "trim it, give it some layers, and make it healthy again" ...but, I don't think I realized what that meant. My hair, while long, was a mess before, because spending my year in the arctic totally dried it out, and then it started to fray, and then it started to tangle...and before I knew it, it was a daily thing to have knotted, tangled hair (which ultimately made it worse)

So it's all healthy and stuff, but when she showed me the back in the mirror I dismayed "it's so short!" ...and I felt like it was her fault. I apologized to her though, because I knew I was just over-reacting. That didn't stop me from going home, going to my room, and crying for like a half hour. I feel okay now, but only if I avoid the mirrors in the house, and I'm wearing a toque to hide it.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                                X