X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by RiverSong View Post
    ROTFL!!! Trans Siberian Orchestra is too exciting???? o_o
    Meh, I can sorta see that... but even so, since when did web-filters get so picky and opinionated? Imma scared now... the computers are coming to life and next it will say, "you can't view this food site, it has too much calories within the recipies here and you're looking a little too round these days..." O_O
    Thank bloody goodness it isnt my freakin web filter... no its one of my supervisors... interestingly enough the little old ladies complained when I took it down so she was overridden and I get to keep my CD playing, they had been bored :P there is usually no music here so anything is better than nothing... sometimes... My supervisor apparently thought they would like something else better... but they liked mine:P So haha I have won!
    http://catcrowsnow.blogspot.com/

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
    ~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by Maria de Luna View Post
      Thank bloody goodness it isnt my freakin web filter... no its one of my supervisors... interestingly enough the little old ladies complained when I took it down so she was overridden and I get to keep my CD playing, they had been bored :P there is usually no music here so anything is better than nothing... sometimes... My supervisor apparently thought they would like something else better... but they liked mine:P So haha I have won!
      Oh, I see! I was getting worried there for a second. It's no surprise that HUMANS would have an issue with good music. But when the robots start complaining, it's time to find a place to hide until the war between the machines and humans end, and the sun is blotted out... then we must wait for The One to save us from the Matrix. ^_^
      I'm glad your supervisor was overruled by the elderly lady, obviously she has good taste, so the rest of them. TSO is a good one, especially for the season. ^_^
      My everyday wacky blog

Comment

...Ive a tiny basket on my desk for the trash from the back of the stickers we use for visitor passes... it is un lined, so I asked someone not to drop a wad of chewed gum into it, so in response he smushes it onto the top of my desk... merry F****** christmas a******... this is gonna be a stupid day.

But they were doughnuts of darkness. Evil damned doughnuts, tainted by the spawn of darkness.... Which could obviously only be redeemed by passing through the fiery inferno of my digestive tract.
        ~Jim Butcher

Comment

...Ive a tiny basket on my desk for the trash from the back of the stickers we use for visitor passes... it is un lined, so I asked someone not to drop a wad of chewed gum into it, so in response he smushes it onto the top of my desk... merry F****** christmas a******... this is gonna be a stupid day.
          Okay, seriously?! What is wrong with people?

Comment

Originally posted by Trinity View Post
            Okay, seriously?! What is wrong with people?
            People are gross and without manners... Thats whats wrong...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

People are gross and without manners... Thats whats wrong...
              That's being a bit too optimistic, for me.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I'm not feeling the love right now, so I'm just gonna throw myself at work.
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

I'm supposed to be in the office more....but they keep sending me on service calls. Grrr.
                  �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                  ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                  Sneak Attack
                  Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I hate being ill

Comment

I. Hate. Html.
                      life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Which part of RSVP do people not understand?
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                          All of it from my experiece... I had people call and ask what the RSVP cards were for in my wedding invitations... I even set up a website so they didn't have to use the pre stamped self addressed rsvp's, nope, its a dead medium... some people will say yes and not come, some will say no and show the heck up! most people won't bother answering...

~Jim Butcher

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowOfTheMoon View Post
                            I hate being ill
                            Amen. I'm having still issues with being sick but not being. After my lymph nodes swelling went down, I thought I'd be ok. I knew the swelling was my body fighting infection. I never got full on sick. But my body is still fighting off something. I sleep at night and I'm a bit stuffy in the nose. And I do a little bit of cough cough. Then I wake up and I have a leaky faucet on one side of my nose! And I'm a sneezing fool. So something is going on up in there. It's like Smurfs have gone to war.

And now it's raining. GREAT! Which I love. But not when I'm sick.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                              All of it from my experiece... I had people call and ask what the RSVP cards were for in my wedding invitations... I even set up a website so they didn't have to use the pre stamped self addressed rsvp's, nope, its a dead medium... some people will say yes and not come, some will say no and show the heck up! most people won't bother answering...
                              I actually had to RSVP to something yesterday and forgot. There are three separate distinct moments where I actually picked up the phone to just call the gal at the front desk (it's for a company event) and got sidetracked immediately. I probably remembered to RSVP more than those three times, but seriously... work is fucking insane right now. I think I have some breathing room and something else gets shoved at me.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Did it really have to take 6 hours to change a freaking front door? Thank you very much neighbour. I don't care that it is perfectly acceptable to have work done during daylight hours, on a weekday. Sure, this is pretty much the only decent time to do such things.. but I need sleep. I got two hours and then had to move my futon into the livingroom, where the sunlight lives. I couldn't sleep and now I have to get through a 10 hour night shift on just 3 hours' sleep. Hooray for me.

Hoped to get some shopping in the morning before the Christmas crowd get there, no chance of that now.
                                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                                X