X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post

---------------------------------------------------

And Caelia? Promulgate? I haven't seen that word in use for over a decade. More like two. And I've never actually HEARD it used. I've only seen it in writing.

What I find stunning about that is how often I am vilified for being too verbose, as well as too erudite... and you bring up a word that I have had VERY little exposure to in the last 15-20 years. Can I send these whiners your way?
    Only if I can abuse them verbally with my apparently capacious vocabulary :P

Wanna know the sad part? I was considered to have a large vocabulary as a child and my dad still beat me at scrabble.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
      I nearly died today. I made a post about it, and a summer cold got a comment, even though mine did not. It might be petty of me, but I'm still fairly annoyed at the order of importance some things receive in this forum.
      V, I'm sorry...I actually missed your post. I have mine set up to read the last post first, and sometimes I haven't scrolled back far enough to catch everything. I (now) know it was right before Juni's because I saw where other people had commented on it, and then I scrolled back to see where it was and how I had missed it.

I'm sorry you had to bust out the epi-pen. While I'm not allergic to bees and their bretheren, I am married to someone that is (and I once worked at a summer camp for three years and got to be the holder of many an epi-pen)...and anaphylactic shock is pretty damn scary. *hugs* Hopefully you are feeling better now.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

To be honest, the scariest part was after having used the epi-pen, and I could start to breathe better again. I was really, really hoping it was just pychosomatic.

I'm sorry I got mad at you, guys - I just feel like a lot of the time, the posts I make here go unnoticed, in favour of fruity-fluffy-things (not to say that anything I post has more or less merit than anyone else's) ...and I was pretty grumpy and feeling kinda funny from the epinephrine for the whole night. I eventually just called it a night because I was unhappy.

Thank you for caring.

Mostly art.

Comment

Oh my word....I missed it too! I'm sorry Hun....are you feeling ok now? Before we discovered that my penicillin allergy was bad enough to be set off by odd things like certain cheeses or penicillin hiding in mushroom gills I had a couple of nasty scares. It's so scary to try to not panic and use the epi pen. *big hugs*
          Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

EEEP! Vol! I hope you are doing better today. I don't read all the threads and totally missed that.

Comment

I'm a little concerned about who all keeps dying, around you, LGR. The way things are going? I don't think I want to stop by for a visit, k.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                I'm a little concerned about who all keeps dying, around you, LGR. The way things are going? I don't think I want to stop by for a visit, k.
                It's getting ridiculous. Then again I did go a number of years without anybody dying.

Comment

Originally posted by DeseretRose View Post
                  Oh my word....I missed it too! I'm sorry Hun....are you feeling ok now? Before we discovered that my penicillin allergy was bad enough to be set off by odd things like certain cheeses or penicillin hiding in mushroom gills I had a couple of nasty scares. It's so scary to try to not panic and use the epi pen. *big hugs*
                  Yeah, I'm feeling better now. The sting area is all big and red and swollen and sore, but that's usually what happens when I get stung. It's just that the anaphaxalsis was new. Guess I better start carrying an epipen around with me all the time now. (I usually only carry benedryl)

Mostly art.

Comment

Ever since I was a little girl I have had issues with standing or sitting for long periods of time in the morning. I get knots in my stomach, I feel light-headed, and then panic with the onset of those symptoms. Moving around and putting my head between my knees helps. GOADING me into further aggravation DOES NOT. The people who should really know this are the ones who've witnessed these symptoms ALL MY FUCKING LIFE!!!!

So yeah, if you're going to do that I'm going to tell you to leave me alone. Further upsetting me has never helped any situation.

Today is going to suck.
                    my etsy store
                    My blog

to descend."

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      Yeah, I'm feeling better now. The sting area is all big and red and swollen and sore, but that's usually what happens when I get stung. It's just that the anaphaxalsis was new. Guess I better start carrying an epipen around with me all the time now. (I usually only carry benedryl)

Just please! Be careful!!

<3

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

So it seems like there's a correlation between my gargantuan headaches and PMS. I don't like this newfound symptom at all.
                        my etsy store
                        My blog

to descend."

Comment

Tonsilitis SUCKS especially in the summer holidays >.<
                          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Came to the studio and all was well.
                            Then my period started.
                            And I had no feminine products.
                            Had to call my grandmother and ask her to bring me stuff round.
                            Felt like a tit.
                            Angry woman on period mood has just swept in.
                            Don't mess with me today bitches!
                            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

This. Cough. Won't. Let. UP!
                              At least the congestion is gone for the most part.
                              �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
                              ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
                              Sneak Attack
                              Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Since I'm at home all day, and L's gone so much, I've been trying to get some babysitting worked out so that I could make a little extra money.

Two ladies both set up appointments to come and meet me today, both were no-shows. No call to cancel, nothing! For gosh sakes people, I'm providing a service...would you do the same to your hairdresser?
                                Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Working...
                                X