THE RANT THREAD!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: THE RANT THREAD!

Oh yes, fresh mangoes are all up in my house right now. They smell so good while they're ripening on the counter.

I imagine papaya would probably tear me up, too, but I think papayas are gross.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Dehydrated pineapple is so good that you won't be able to stop eating it until it burns a hole through your cheek... and it will...
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
        Yeah, I'm going to call today and try, but I don't have high hopes.
        So I called, and they are willing to cancel the plan, but only reimburse me one month (not four). BUT...before the transaction went through, the line went dead, and now I can't get back through because of 'high call volume'.

Mostly art.

Comment

So I called, and they are willing to cancel the plan, but only reimburse me one month (not four). BUT...before the transaction went through, the line went dead, and now I can't get back through because of 'high call volume'.
          Well keep trying. Hopefully there's not the corpse laying in an ally in some far off country for telling you this.
          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I don't wanna go to sleep cuz that means i have to wake up and go to work faster.
            �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
            ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
            Sneak Attack
            Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

I've been sitting down this evening and doing some budgeting (thank you, mint.com) and cleaning up my budgets and stuff....aaannnnd, I just realized my Visa has been charging me for a protection plan I didn't ask for, for the last four months. Totaling over $200.

I know for a fact I'm not going to get that back. I just didn't notice it sooner because my credit is so high right now that there's not much difference between X dollars and X+200 dollars.

Asses.
              I'm fairly certain that them tacking that on violates Canadian law. Check through your documents and see if there's any mention of it. If there isn't, you didn't sign up for it, they didn't tell you about it, and you shouldn't have to pay for it. You should get it back.

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                I'm fairly certain that them tacking that on violates Canadian law. Check through your documents and see if there's any mention of it. If there isn't, you didn't sign up for it, they didn't tell you about it, and you shouldn't have to pay for it. You should get it back.
                They have it recorded that I agreed to a 30 day free trial, which I never called again to cancel, so it turns out I've actually been paying it since July 2012. I didn't notice, though, because I only pay $0.80/$100 Credit ...and while my card was zero (or near to it), it wasn't enough money to even notice going through. Now, though, because my balance is so high, it's a huge payment each month.

When I tried to ask for the money back they said they can't because I agreed (I seriously don't even remember this...), aaaaaaaaand the guy convinced me to use it instead of cancel it. I still pay the same for it each month, but if I get accepted, this protection plan will pay my minimum payments on my card until I find work again (giving me a theoretically extra $100 a month to spend on other bills, or groceries).

I'm not happy about it. I would have just preferred the $200 I thought they owed me. I don't trust insurance protection companies.

Mostly art.

Comment

My roommate is hording my spoons again! RAWR!!!!!! and I have a week and a half of energetic tension to look forward too since some "mutual" friends are coming to visit the two men in my house and one of them doesn't want them here and is trying to find a way to lock his door... great...
                  I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
                  because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
                  I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
                  for a might have-been has never been,
                  but a has was once an are.

-Milton Berle-

Comment

I've been locked in a garage overnight, broke two toes, passed gall stones, and had to sit through a full production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's CATS.

My time at the dentist today was worse than all those at once.
                    Trust is knowing someone or something well enough to have a good idea of their motivations and character, for good or for ill. People often say trust when they mean faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Denarius View Post
                      I've been locked in a garage overnight, broke two toes, passed gall stones, and had to sit through a full production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's CATS.

My time at the dentist today was worse than all those at once.
                      You poor, battered thing

Comment

I absolutely want to freak when I go outside....see trash in the lawn....people shooing and scaring birds off...ripping branches off trees....cutting down trees...for no apparent reason.... i literally feel like freaking the heck out!!!

Comment

I -know- that I signed up and logged into my company's paystub/Taxes site. But now I can't for the life of me remember my username and the "retrieve username" tells me my info isn't on their system :/
                          My Tumblr
                          My Webcomic
                          My Twitter

Comment

So many things I want to do today, but...

Craaaaaaaaaamps.

I'm still getting stuff done, but in spurts of "dear god why, please kill me now" and the fetal position.

Mostly art.

Comment

They have it recorded that I agreed to a 30 day free trial, which I never called again to cancel, so it turns out I've actually been paying it since July 2012. I didn't notice, though, because I only pay $0.80/$100 Credit ...and while my card was zero (or near to it), it wasn't enough money to even notice going through. Now, though, because my balance is so high, it's a huge payment each month.

When I tried to ask for the money back they said they can't because I agreed (I seriously don't even remember this...), aaaaaaaaand the guy convinced me to use it instead of cancel it. I still pay the same for it each month, but if I get accepted, this protection plan will pay my minimum payments on my card until I find work again (giving me a theoretically extra $100 a month to spend on other bills, or groceries).

I'm not happy about it. I would have just preferred the $200 I thought they owed me. I don't trust insurance protection companies.
                              I have to double check, but I'm pretty sure Negative Billing (when you get a free trial and it automatically renews unless you cancel) is illegal in Canada.

EDIT: apparently in some cases, except in Ontario, where it's illegal in all cases. Still, apparently your situation walks a fine line and may be violating law: http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/stor...n-roseman.html

It might be in the small print and that's how they got you. Otherwise, it's not ok, according to the law.

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a government page about negative option billing and your rights as a consumer:

http://www.fcac-acfc.gc.ca/eng/consumers/rights/negoptions/index-eng.asp
                              Last edited by DanieMarie; 02 May 2013, 03:22.

Comment

Oh my god seriously I don't know where to begin but I need a good rant right about now...

My fiance and I are the couple everyone just expects to give them stuff. We both tend to go out of our way to help people but by now it's become expected and we're just about sick of it. Anyway, some chick who annoys the hell out of me (let's just summarize by saying she's not all there in the head and has a tendency toward the psychotic gossiping stalker crazy cat lady end of the spectrum) has gotten kicked out of her house because of white trash drama, and her first idea was to contact us and basically ask if she can crash at our place. She has no job, no ability to hold down any job she gets, she's been evicted from this apartment complex before, and she'd be basically just crashing in our living room being quietly creepy all the time. Her life is a continuous Maury/Jerry Springer show and she really is an integral part of her own drama, not just someone caught in the whirlwind of it.

RIGHT as she's asking this, my roomie is like, "Hey can you run me to town? I have this thing to take care of and boohoo the buses don't run this far out." I put my foot down and say "No, I'm exhausted and sick and in pain right now and just once, I really don't want to run a random errand for someone else" - and I get guilt-tripped for it, hardcore. Out of three people living in this goddamn house I am the ONLY one who can drive (seriously, why does seemingly almost nobody in West Michigan have a damned driver's license?! I don't buy most of their excuses, many of them are literally too lazy to bother with driving and it's DISTURBING to me) and I am constantly just expected to drive people around - people who have no concept of how much gas money is spent for these kinds of trips (being after all, not drivers themselves), who shrug their shoulders and toss in a few bucks or a single tank a month thinking it's enough to cover the constant errands I'm running for them. My money is just basically expected to be spent for others' problems. If I ever spend it on myself, even tightly-budgeted float money with all bills paid on time or early, I'm somehow "wasting" it.

I just want to flip every one of these bastages off and move several states away into my own life. Good gods do I hate them all. Our lives right now are so madly, traumatically batsh*t crazy, I have really, truly, absolutely nothing left to give. They're just going to have to deal with it. I'm not a charity with endless funds and energy and time, I'm a person who sometimes likes to help people when I can, but puts my foot down when it's gone too far. If I don't maintain myself and my money and my life, I can't even be there to help anyone when the time comes for it. If that's too much to ask, so be it!

Comment

Working...
                                X